Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Shoe
Bench Warmer
And1: 956

Re: Shams: Wall wants to be traded 

Post#241 » by Shoe » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:12 pm

oldshoolballer wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
TGW wrote:If Bill Simmons is correct, then it's Beal trying to start ****, not John.

What a cotdamn dysfunctional mess this team is. No better than the Redskins front office.

IF that's true, then thats a punk *** move by Bradley.

IF true, that adds a whole new dynamic to this situation.

What a mess. You have to move Wall at this point.

Shams sent out a tweet that Wall wants to be traded. WOJ can't muster a corroborating tweet but does report that Beal and Sheppard want to see how they play together.

Then Jackie McMullen gets a major scoop on both of them, Wizards beat writers, Zach Lowe and others, and instead of writing an article she mentions it off hand on a podcast where they discuss it for one minute then move on.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,561

Post#242 » by pcbothwel » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:22 pm

Shoe wrote:
oldshoolballer wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:IF that's true, then thats a punk *** move by Bradley.

Shams sent out a tweet that Wall wants to be traded. WOJ can't muster a corroborating tweet but does report that Beal and Sheppard want to see how they play together.

Then Jackie McMullen gets a major scoop on both of them, Wizards beat writers, Zach Lowe and others, and instead of writing an article she mentions it off hand on a podcast where they discuss it for one minute then move on.

THIS....
You guys need to chill out. Bill F'n Simmons doesnt have ANY SOURCES ABOUT ANYTHING.
You'll see one tweet with not sources or quotes, and you start fainting like a 1950's house wife. Relax. This is the time of year these "reporters" have to shine because nobody cares about them outside of the Draft, FA, and the deadline... They're fishing, thats it.

We WILL go into the season with Wall and Beal healthy and motivated. We WILL be competitive because we have talent, youth, IQ, work ethic, and versatility.
After that, who knows... but we're not going to downgrade our talent base and slap Beal in the face, and we're NOT paying assets to dump Wall and not upgrade talent.

Plan seems simple. Give Wall and Beal opportunity to show they are not only the best version of themselves, but the most mature version as well. If they prove that to each other, then its up to the young guys to show they can support Wall/Beal for a playoff run.
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,917

Post#243 » by DCZards » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:01 pm

pcbothwel wrote:Plan seems simple. Give Wall and Beal opportunity to show they are not only the best version of themselves, but the most mature version as well. If they prove that to each other, then its up to the young guys to show they can support Wall/Beal for a playoff run.

Yup...that's the plan. Stay the course!
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,072

Post#244 » by nate33 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:12 pm

If Beal was actually in Sheppard's ear urging him to trade Wall, then that's a big, big problem. But I seriously doubt that's the case. Beal just doesn't roll that way. At worst, Sheppard may have come to Beal and asked him how he felt about a Wall for Westbrook trade and Beal was open-minded: "Hey Shep, you do what you gotta do to improve the team".

I could see Wall being upset by that, but I don't really think Beal was doing anything wrong. When you sign a 1+1 contract instead of a long term deal, you are basically saying you want to be involved in the decisions. This is the inevitable consequence. Beal is going to be put in the position of coldly evaluating the effectiveness of his teammates and friends.

The best thing to do if the above happened would be for Sheppard to lie to Wall and say that Beal was never consulted and never weighed in on the trade idea. Indeed, it may well be the case that Beal never was consulted. Think about it. How does this rumor get started? If there was a conversation, how would anyone possibly find out? If Sheppard and Beal were smart, they would have kept such a conversation totally private.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,271

Post#245 » by doclinkin » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:28 pm

In addition Bill SImmons makes crap up all the time and is a notable mischief maker who gained whatever prominence he has not by actual reporting but by writing smirking questionably humorous opinion pieces from a fan perspective. He is more likely to quote "my friend Joe House" about the Wizards than an actual source. He's just stirring up shxt on purpose in this case and trying to get some attention.

Put simply, who would you trust as a source on this, Bill SImmons saying "I heard..." or would you trust Mr. "first off I'd like to thank my lord and savior" Bradley Beal, who has said all along he re-signed because he wants to play with John again. Simmons is accountable to readers and clicks and advertisers, Beal is accountable to god, family, the teams, then fans etc. in that order. And he has stated over and again John is basically his brother.

At this point the media shark frenzy has gotten stupid.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie
And1: 139

Post#246 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:46 pm

I remember way back, I started a thread in here questioning the legitimacy of Beal and Wall's brotherhood; I never believed they were as cool as they presented themselves and I still don't think they are genuinely cool with the other's position on the team.

I wouldn't blame Beal at all for pushing a move of Wall. That's not the 'punk move' here imo, the punk move would be the both of them pretending to be able to coexist more than they really believe, for as long as they did for the sake of appeasing the others ego and creating this public perception.

Beal's the more important cog to the team now, so he's doing what would better himself in this new position as well as the team, if the rumor is true.

Sometimes in life you have to make hard moves that are questioned but will pay off in the end, if Beal did push for a trade of Wall, this would be one of those times.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#247 » by doclinkin » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:54 pm

Alright. All fans who are running to kick Wall off the team are not allowed on the bandwagon when the team starts winning with him. Period. Not unless you make a public apology and eat so much crow you shxt feathers.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,857

Post#248 » by Wizardspride » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:57 pm

doclinkin wrote:Alright. All fans who are running to kick Wall off the team are not allowed on the bandwagon when the team starts winning with him. Period. Not unless you make a public apology and eat so much crow you shxt feathers.

I agree.....but I doubt that happens. :wink:
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,825

Post#249 » by tontoz » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:22 pm

nate33 wrote:If Beal was actually in Sheppard's ear urging him to trade Wall, then that's a big, big problem. But I seriously doubt that's the case. Beal just doesn't roll that way.

I agree. I can't see him doing that even if he doesn't like Wall personally.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,825

Post#250 » by tontoz » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:29 pm

doclinkin wrote:
Put simply, who would you trust as a source on this, Bill SImmons saying "I heard..." or would you trust Mr. "first off I'd like to thank my lord and savior" Bradley Beal, who has said all along he re-signed because he wants to play with John again. Simmons is accountable to readers and clicks and advertisers, Beal is accountable to god, family, the teams, then fans etc. in that order. And he has stated over and again John is basically his brother.

At this point the media shark frenzy has gotten stupid.

Good point. Would Beal have resigned with a bad team if he disliked Wall that much? Not likely
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,855

Post#251 » by payitforward » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:42 pm

Good heavens -- you'd think no team ever had two good players in the past! Who cares whether they are "brothers?"

Even the speculation that Tommy might have said to Beal, "we're thinking of trading John if we can find the right deal," & Beal responding "do what you think is best," even that really amounts to saying -- "leave me out of this."

You can fan and fan and fan, but if there is no flame there will be no fire.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,575

Post#252 » by oldshoolballer » Thu Dec 3, 2020 4:36 am

oldshoolballer wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
TGW wrote:If Bill Simmons is correct, then it's Beal trying to start ****, not John.

What a cotdamn dysfunctional mess this team is. No better than the Redskins front office.

IF that's true, then thats a punk *** move by Bradley.

Probably for the best I liked Wall over Westbrook it is what it is.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#253 » by Dark Faze » Mon Dec 7, 2020 12:59 pm

It's in the past, but Wall is pretty adamant still that he didn't want to leave DC. Flat out denied asking for a trade in his Rockets presser. Not only that but the Wizards statement of "couldn't pass up an opportunity to get a talent like Westbrook" makes it seem like it was their decision.

Wish we could get the full story.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,036

Post#254 » by queridiculo » Mon Dec 7, 2020 2:10 pm

Dark Faze wrote:It's in the past, but Wall is pretty adamant still that he didn't want to leave DC. Flat out denied asking for a trade in his Rockets presser. Not only that but the Wizards statement of "couldn't pass up an opportunity to get a talent like Westbrook" makes it seem like it was their decision.

This was a Leonsis move, 100%.

On the recent Weitzman podcast Michael Lee basically said that Wall's gang signs video in September was the straw that broke the camels back.

Pretty good listen that covers Walls tenure with the team since he joined.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2gNVJEb6cfz8tWGxcnvlWp?si=0c4WI2osSnqqrwN7dqZCbw
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,917

Post#255 » by DCZards » Mon Dec 7, 2020 2:15 pm

Dark Faze wrote:It's in the past, but Wall is pretty adamant still that he didn't want to leave DC. Flat out denied asking for a trade in his Rockets presser. Not only that but the Wizards statement of "couldn't pass up an opportunity to get a talent like Westbrook" makes it seem like it was their decision.

Wall should have said he didn't ask for a trade when he was asked about it shortly before he was traded. Instead, John said "No Comment."

Not sure what to believe now.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,072

Post#256 » by nate33 » Mon Dec 7, 2020 2:31 pm

DCZards wrote:

Wall should have said he didn't ask for a trade when he was asked about it shortly before he was traded. Instead, John said "No Comment."

Yup.

My guess is that, technically, Wall's agent asked for a trade so that Wall could truthfully claim that he never asked for one.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#257 » by Dark Faze » Mon Dec 7, 2020 3:15 pm

It's not just a word game with Wall at this point though. He's definitively saying he didn't want to leave--whether that's agent asked, he asked, any of it.

And neither Beal nor the Wizards statement make it come off as Wall desired/controlled at all.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#258 » by doclinkin » Mon Dec 7, 2020 4:32 pm

DCZards wrote:

John doesn't give short pointless answers. He goes in deep. If someone had asked him at the press conference and he answered honestly, he would have spoken clearly and in detail about how Ted looking to trade him blindsided him and hurt his feelings, basically. And I suspect he knew the team was still shopping him. So. F--- Ted, if so. At that point what can he say? I expect he felt betrayed and would have hoped to hash it out somehow, playing out the beginning of the season and vindicating himself to the fans and doubters. Hopefully at some point Ted would post a mea culpa and an apology or whatever, or express it to Wall. Then all move on. But in the moment, in front of cameras, in his first opportunity to speak publicly, while he was still steaming over the perceived slight, justice or injustice. The alternative to speaking his true feelings as he has done in the past, is simply to say nothing and try to show the world his character by his actions alone, and his game.
TheBlackCzar
Freshman
And1: 14

Post#259 » by TheBlackCzar » Wed Dec 9, 2020 3:43 am

Thank you John, my favorite player ever from this franchise....
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,330

Post#260 » by Kanyewest » Sun Dec 13, 2020 12:29 am

So Bill Simmons was right?

Return to Washington Wizards