Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,867

Re: Shams: Wall wants to be traded 

Post#42 » by Wizardspride » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:46 am

WallStar wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
WallStar wrote:
I'm certain Beal would still have the same reaction. This is a business. Wall takes things too personally. He has always been immature but this just brings it all to light.

I think you'd be surprised how Brad would react...

Clearly, you've got some inside info we're not privy to 8-)

:wink:
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Post#43 » by doclinkin » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:50 am

I think I'll be done for a while if Wall is pointlessly swapped out. Is that the plan? To suck, tank for a 2021 lotto pick, trade Beal for a haul and start over, building a Euroleague team?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#44 » by Ruzious » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:50 am

How about both idiotic sides rip up the contract, and John can go anywhere he wants that'll take him? If neither side is grown up enough to handle this then f both sides.

Both of the teams I root for have gone insane and incompetent in the same week.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Post#45 » by nate33 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:54 am

I step away from the computer for half an hour to watch a TV show with the wife, and all hell breaks loose!

First of all, Fcuk the Houston Rockets. Their bullspit leaking of trade talks was highly unprofessional and I hope it taints their reputation for years.

Secondly, I'm really getting annoyed with these power plays by the players. It's one thing if you are Lebron James and you're massively underpaid at a maximum salary, at least those guys deserve a little control as a sort of non-financial compensation to offset the max salary limitation. But when second tier stars on bad contracts like Westbrook and Wall start demanding trades I don't know whether to be angry or amused.

Third, Sheppard should tell Wall that he isn't getting traded right now. Hold up your end of the deal, be a professional, and we will see what we can do at some point in the future if your trade value ever becomes positive again.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,731

Post#46 » by gambitx777 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:00 am

Well I wonder if this is johns why to sink trade talks. His value is low and now he wants out lowering the wiz leverage . Or maybe this is a leak and the this means walls willing to wave trade kickers and such to get out of town

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
tsvqt
Veteran
And1: 22

Post#47 » by tsvqt » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:00 am

Wall + Wagnor = Westbrook
Retired Air Force
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#48 » by keynote » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:04 am

It's hard to demand a trade when you're a negative asset. It's one thing to give up a dollar and get eighty cents; it's another thing to have to toss in extra change to get back even less.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#49 » by WallToWall » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:05 am

If he wants a trade, then he will have to show the NBA what he's worth, so that other teams can trade for him. Nobody will pay $$$$$$ to roll the dice.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#50 » by nate33 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:10 am

keynote wrote:It's hard to demand a trade when you're a negative asset. It's one thing to give up a dollar and get eighty cents; it's another thing to have to toss in extra change to get back even less.

Yup. It's pretty ridiculous for Wall to publicly demand a trade. And it's really unprofessional to do so two days AFTER the draft and after the Bertans signing. If Wall wanted a trade a week ago, then maybe the team could have blown everything up and rebuilt. Frankly, it's a great time to rebuild because fans can't come to games anyhow, and there are very few teams looking to outtank us.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#51 » by Kanyewest » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:13 am

nate33 wrote:
keynote wrote:It's hard to demand a trade when you're a negative asset. It's one thing to give up a dollar and get eighty cents; it's another thing to have to toss in extra change to get back even less.

Yup. It's pretty ridiculous for Wall to publicly demand a trade. And it's really unprofessional to do so two days AFTER the draft and after the Bertans signing. If Wall wanted a trade a week ago, then maybe the team could have blown everything up and rebuilt. Frankly, it's a great time to rebuild because fans can't come to games anyhow, and there are very few teams looking to outtank us.

In Wall's potential defense, the leak did happen right before the draft.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#52 » by Ruzious » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:13 am

Yeah, I think most people around the league are laughing at John. He is arguably the most over-paid player in the world in any sport, and he's demanding a trade... It's hilarious... except if you're a Wizards fan.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
truwizfan4evr
Assistant Coach
And1: 642

Post#53 » by truwizfan4evr » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:15 am

Ruzious wrote:Yeah, I think most people around the league are laughing at John. He is arguably the most over-paid player in the world in any sport, and he's demanding a trade... It's hilarious... except if you're a Wizards fan.

Yeah it’s embarrassing.
You Shouldn't Play For Money, But You Should Play Because You Have A Passion For It -- Bradley Beal
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#54 » by FAH1223 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:20 am

truwizfan4evr wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Yeah, I think most people around the league are laughing at John. He is arguably the most over-paid player in the world in any sport, and he's demanding a trade... It's hilarious... except if you're a Wizards fan.

Yeah it’s embarrassing.

Tom Penn, Greg Anthony and Kristin Ledlow were laughing about it on NBATV a little while ago. :lol:
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#55 » by nate33 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:21 am

Ultimately, I think this will blow over. Wall can't be traded right now in a way that makes any sense whatsoever for the franchise. And if he wants to keep his reputation as a professional, he's going to have to act like one and just play though it.

The Wizards have built a pretty good offensive team around him and the team is ready made for Wall to put up some impressive stats and reclaim his star status. Then we can talk about a trade.
prime1time
Analyst
And1: 1,868

Post#56 » by prime1time » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:36 am

Not surprised at all. I said I would wait until I heard what Wall had to say to form an opinion. This says everything you need to know.
prime1time
Analyst

Post#57 » by prime1time » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:37 am

Dark Faze wrote:The question now is what came first, the chicken or the egg?

Did Wall always want out leading to the Westbrook inquiries, or is this John's reaction to those rumors?

The difference is important because I'd argue this entire draft and even these free agent signings might have been handled differently with the knowledge that John wanted out.

It's not a question, it was clearly the trade leak.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#58 » by DCZards » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:51 am

nate33 wrote:I step away from the computer for half an hour to watch a TV show with the wife, and all hell breaks loose!

First of all, Fcuk the Houston Rockets. Their bullspit leaking of trade talks was highly unprofessional and I hope it taints their reputation for years.

Secondly, I'm really getting annoyed with these power plays by the players. It's one thing if you are Lebron James and you're massively underpaid at a maximum salary, at least those guys deserve a little control as a sort of non-financial compensation to offset the max salary limitation. But when second tier stars on bad contracts like Westbrook and Wall start demanding trades I don't know whether to be angry or amused.

Third, Sheppard should tell Wall that he isn't getting traded right now. Hold up your end of the deal, be a professional, and we will see what we can do at some point in the future if your trade value ever becomes positive again.

Disagree with your "Secondly" but totally agree with your "Thirdly."
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,320

Post#59 » by NatP4 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:00 am

nate33 wrote:Ultimately, I think this will blow over. Wall can't be traded right now in a way that makes any sense whatsoever for the franchise. And if he wants to keep his reputation as a professional, he's going to have to act like one and just play though it.

The Wizards have built a pretty good offensive team around him and the team is ready made for Wall to put up some impressive stats and reclaim his star status. Then we can talk about a trade.

I doubt it. The wizards don’t want this bleeding into the season. I bet he’s moved in the next few days for a package of exactly what we expect. Couple assets+wall for westbrook or something similar.
prime1time
Analyst

Post#60 » by prime1time » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:03 am

Just bite the bullet and move him for Westbrook. Playing hardball is silly.

Return to Washington Wizards