ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj - Westbrook for Wall and 1st Rounder

Moderators: montestewart, LyricalRico, nate33

mariller
Ballboy
And1: 28

Re: Woj - Westbrook for Wall and 1st Rounder 

Post#621 » by mariller » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:06 am

Believing that John Wall would be "running around" anywhere is simply delusional. The man hasn't been "running around" for past 5 years.
For Houston to ensure the tank, all they have to do is leave him on the floor - so IMO this is legit health concern.
Just looking at this, this trade has been an enourmous win for Wizards.
prime1time
Starter
And1: 1,282

Post#622 » by prime1time » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:29 pm

A lot of really terrible takes in this thread. Wizards clearly won the trade. Wall is a shell of his former self, and his jumper is still average. Westbrook has turned himself into a positive asset. The problem is the Wizards lack 3-point shooting so we can't give Russ the spacing he needs.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 4,452

Post#623 » by FAH1223 » Today 5:06 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 6,311

Post#624 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Today 8:50 am

TGW wrote:
pcbothwel wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Hard not so see how we didnt/dont win this trade in a landslide.

I don't see how giving up a draft pick for a 32 year old statpadder is a win for the Wizards. But hey, I guess whatever can be perceived as a win for Wizards fans is good enough for certain members of the fanbase.

I’m curious. Do you still feel the same way about Westbrook?
9 and 20
Sophomore
And1: 55

Post#625 » by 9 and 20 » Today 10:21 am

Russel Westbrook has finally surpassed Michael "the next Michael Irvin" Westbrook for most-loved DC athlete.
Can't say I do.
WallToWall
Sixth Man
And1: 496

Post#626 » by WallToWall » Today 1:06 pm

This was a good sell high-ish, buy low-ish trade, and the Wizards clearly won. Westbrook, if he played like he has the last 20 games, was worth more than 1 first round pick. If we were to figure his trade value now, I'd say at least 2 firsts. I don't think HOU can say they are getting their money's worth out of Wall, but we can say we are getting money's worth out of Westbrook. That said, i am a Wall fan and I want to see him succeed, even end his career back here.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 12,342

Post#627 » by nate33 » Today 1:25 pm

WallToWall wrote:This was a good sell high-ish, buy low-ish trade, and the Wizards clearly won. Westbrook, if he played like he has the last 20 games, was worth more than 1 first round pick. If we were to figure his trade value now, I'd say at least 2 firsts. I don't think HOU can say they are getting their money's worth out of Wall, but we can say we are getting money's worth out of Westbrook. That said, i am a Wall fan and I want to see him succeed, even end his career back here.

If we had waited for the first 10 or so games of the season before making the trade, we probably could have made it straight up. They just had to show that John Wall was healthy. So in that respect, it wasn't a perfect "sell high" trade.

We still won the trade, but could have won it by more.

It's too bad that nearly all the contenders have already traded away their future picks. Now would be an excellent time to sell high on both Westbrook and Beal. But there aren't any buyers with good assets.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,955

Post#628 » by pcbothwel » Today 1:27 pm

Over the last 45 games, Russ is averaging 24 / 12.5 / 13 with a ORtg/DRtg of 108 / 108 and an almost 3:1 AST:TOV ratio....
In that span, he has been better at 32 than at ANY 1 year of Walls Career outside maybe 16/17. That is incredible.

I dont know what this core will attain in the next 2 post seasons... but we are watching enjoyable basketball and if a few stars align (Good coach, Healthy/improved Bryant, improved Rui/Deni, healthy Russ/Beal, etc.) Then we might be in store for 50 win season and home court in the playoffs next year given our talent base and Russ's relentlessness during the regular season.

Return to Washington Wizards