ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj - Westbrook for Wall and 1st Rounder

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Shanghai Kid
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Re: Woj - Westbrook for Wall and 1st Rounder 

Post#61 » by Shanghai Kid » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:19 am

Westbrook is a better and healthy player, but there is something about his game that I've never liked. He seems to never be able to slow down in the clutch and make wise decisions, seems to try to do too much and turns the ball over a lot.

That said, he is a healthy, productive player, and he should help make the Wizards decent enough that the first round pick we lose won't be that significant (ideally),
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,421

Post#62 » by Jimmy Recard » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:33 am

Frichuela wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Suddenly I feel a lot better
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,393

Post#63 » by doclinkin » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:37 am

Hate this. Dislike Ted more each year. I used to like him a lot. I dislike Westbrook's game and antics and he is likely to fall right the F off. I feel like Houston got the better of this deal even without the pick added. I think Wall would have been an ideal fit with the squad and had everything to prove, he was the right player for the squad we were building. Westbrook is a rich man's IT. Hero ball all the time. Ball stopper. Hardheaded, and stunting the growth of our young cats. Not a leader for youth but a Me Me Me player. And on the decline. At least with Wall there is a chance of undiscovered upside.
WallStar
Junior
And1: 192

Post#64 » by WallStar » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:37 am

Well, ****, there goes my username :lol:
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,710

Post#65 » by montestewart » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:39 am

WallStar wrote:Well, ****, there goes my username :lol:

BestDressedBrook is available
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#66 » by WallToWall » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:41 am

Mine too:-]
WallStar wrote:Well, ****, there goes my username

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,975

Post#67 » by FAH1223 » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:43 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
The Consiglieri
Starter
And1: 517

Post#68 » by The Consiglieri » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:44 am

Shoe wrote:
Frichuela wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

great protection at least. I guess Wall just had enough.

This is what I'm torn about. I soured on Wall long ago (probably during his jealousy-fest over the "everyone eat's" quote a few years back) and don't care about him being out the door, I just absolutely positively did not want to give up ANYTHING to unload his contract and wouldn't tolerate us doing so period. We just needed to eat the ---- deal as a poison pill until we could unload it.

I'm not happy.

I have to be reasonable though and admit the protections are fairly decent, not ideal (total protection would have been my preference). Additionally at least some idiot team might be as stupid as us and trade something for a flashy player that is just as big a selfish loon as Wall, but more productive and talented. I pray we trade him, if we can trade him, I'd do that, otherwise, I'm disappointed. I'll be beyond incensed if we are ever forced to give up a real first for him w/o having moved Westbrook for a first of our own.
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach
And1: 904

Post#69 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:47 am

I do think Westbrook could be movable...

New York could be an option. They could use a star player like Westbrook they can market, and he is a guy who can carry a team. New York has so much cap space we can deal him without taking back salary!

Also a team like the Clippers trying to make a push to beat out the Lakers, could add Westbrook at pg for a big 3 with George & Kawhi.

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7363000
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
The Consiglieri
Starter

Post#70 » by The Consiglieri » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:49 am

Kanyewest wrote:
Dark Faze wrote:At the moment I'd like to know from Tommy why this happened and why he just lied to us.

You shouldn't have believed him.

Just like we shouldn't believe Beal. No sane player should want to waste the rest of his prime w/this dumpster fire franchise. Other than being totally in love with DC and having kids that absolutely don't want to move, and not caring about winning, there's really no justification for it. I know we love Beal and want him to stay, but trade places with him, would you want to stay? Hell No.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,924

Post#71 » by TGW » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:49 am

doclinkin wrote:Hate this. Dislike Ted more each year. I used to like him a lot. I dislike Westbrook's game and antics and he is likely to fall right the F off. I feel like Houston got the better of this deal even without the pick added. I think Wall would have been an ideal fit with the squad and had everything to prove, he was the right player for the squad we were building. Westbrook is a rich man's IT. Hero ball all the time. Ball stopper. Hardheaded, and stunting the growth of our young cats. Not a leader for youth but a Me Me Me player. And on the decline. At least with Wall there is a chance of undiscovered upside.

You do know it was GM Bradley Beal that spearheaded this, right?
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 781

Post#72 » by LyricalRico » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:51 am

SUPERBALLMAN wrote:I do think Westbrook could be movable...

New York could be an option. They could use a star player like Westbrook they can market, and he is a guy who can carry a team. New York has so much cap space we can deal him without taking back salary!

Also a team like the Clippers trying to make a push to beat out the Lakers, could add Westbrook at pg for a big 3 with George & Kawhi.

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7363000

At this point I'd expect them to keep Westbrook for this season, but definitely foresee him still having value next summer if they want to flip him in a scenario like the ones you described.
Meliorus
Analyst
And1: 1,185

Post#73 » by Meliorus » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:53 am

I will be laughing next year when Westbrook is in fact not the better player and the Rockets have a better record than the Wizards. Let's not forget Harden just wins 50 games no matter what roster is around him. Thought Westbrook was properly hated at this point in his career but there are still too many people who think he's good. Why do people keep leaving Westbrook? Does the chucking get tiresome?
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Re: Woj - Westbrook for Wa3ll and 1st Rounder 

Post#74 » by JWizmentality » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:53 am

Wizardspride wrote:Screw it.

Been real guys.

I'm out.

No you don't buddy. We suffer together. If you stuck around for 4 years of Trump you can do 3 years of Westbrook.
The Consiglieri
Starter

Post#75 » by The Consiglieri » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:55 am

ClutchDJ wrote:
NatP4 wrote:traded the worst contract in the NBA for one of the best players in the NBA. All it costed was a non lottery future 1st.

If he’s one of the best players in the NBA(which is clearly a lie) then why does he keep getting moved?

He's not close to that, he wasn't close to that in his prime either. It was nonsense at the time during his prime as well. What makes him so tantalizing is that few play harder, or hungrier, but that darn mental make up thing, judgment etc, and lack of a team first approach means his teams never accomplish squat (in fairness, he probably should have won title with OKC if they hadn't been forced to deal Harden, so maybe I'm being a touch unfair). Regardless, the same stupidity I find maddening from Wall, I'll find maddening from Westbrook. Praying we trade him to a contender at the deadline, some sucker willing to overpay w/more of his contract gone at that point.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,975

Post#76 » by FAH1223 » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:56 am

THE spin begins

Read on Twitter
/photo/1
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,417

Post#77 » by Indomitable » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:56 am

TGW wrote:
doclinkin wrote:Hate this. Dislike Ted more each year. I used to like him a lot. I dislike Westbrook's game and antics and he is likely to fall right the F off. I feel like Houston got the better of this deal even without the pick added. I think Wall would have been an ideal fit with the squad and had everything to prove, he was the right player for the squad we were building. Westbrook is a rich man's IT. Hero ball all the time. Ball stopper. Hardheaded, and stunting the growth of our young cats. Not a leader for youth but a Me Me Me player. And on the decline. At least with Wall there is a chance of undiscovered upside.

You do know it was GM Bradley Beal that spearheaded this, right?

Westbrook will have the best group of shooters around him that he ever had.
:banghead:
trast66
Rookie
And1: 614

Post#78 » by trast66 » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:56 am

We can infer that Brad wanted John gone. So if you want to keep Brad have to move John.

We can recoup the draft capital and more by trading Russ. Contenders will want him anytime.

No, Russ can’t shoot but neither could John. Neither one plays D anymore. I’d rate both as equal PITAs.

Russ is a better player and worth more in open market. Plus Brad wanted this and that’s the focus, keep him happy.
milellie111
Pro Prospect
And1: 245

Post#79 » by milellie111 » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:56 am

April 2, 2019...."F- - - - Ernie Grunfeld! We’ve turned the corner! Tommy Sheppard at the helm!”.....December 2, 2020..."F- - - - Tommy Sheppard!!!!”
TGW = Troll Gone Wild
The Consiglieri
Starter

Post#80 » by The Consiglieri » Thu Dec 3, 2020 2:57 am

Kanyewest wrote:
Meliorus wrote:https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/westbru01.html

This man's advanced stats/stats in the playoffs and regular season have been dropping off a cliff for years and is now 32. But I'm sure everybody will age like CP3! Oh gosh, this is such a bummer. Like maybe there is a reason he's not helping teams win more than CP3?? Maybe there's a reason why other stars keep leaving him? Did Tommy fall for the triple-double MVP meme that Morey fell for? Do the Wizards have any resemblance of an analytics department?

Sad to not see the ending chapter of John Wall in DC.

Morey gave up 3 firsts and 2 pick swaps and CP3 for Westbrook. The price the Wizards gave up is less and maybe some other GM will trade for Westbrook.

A lot of people think that deal was an ownership deal, a la Snyder, it was incredibly un-Morey like.

Return to Washington Wizards