ImageImageImageImageImage

Triple Double King Russell Westbrook Appreciation Thread.

Moderators: LyricalRico, montestewart, nate33

dobrojim
RealGM
Posts: 14,125
And1: 1,988
Joined: Sep 16, 2004

Re: Russell Westbrook in DC Appreciation Thread. 

Post#221 » by dobrojim » Sun May 9, 2021 2:58 am

And 15-4 iirc
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity
User avatar
FAH1223
RealGM
Posts: 12,001
And1: 4,562
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: Russell Westbrook in DC Appreciation Thread. 

Post#222 » by FAH1223 » Sun May 9, 2021 2:59 am

Read on Twitter
Image
9 and 20
Sophomore
Posts: 178
And1: 98
Joined: Mar 28, 2021
 

Re: Russell Westbrook in DC Appreciation Thread. 

Post#223 » by 9 and 20 » Sun May 9, 2021 3:09 am

This season has been more satifsying than MJ's time in DC. MJ was still a really good player, but he wasn't nearly the same player he was with the Bulls. Westbrook has been much closer to what he was when he was younger. And - when MJ was here, it just felt like everything revolved around him. Westbrook seems to be trying to help enable his teammates in a way that MJ never did, at least in DC.

He's been amazing, and so much fun to watch.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
User avatar
FAH1223
RealGM
Posts: 12,001
And1: 4,562
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: Russell Westbrook in DC Appreciation Thread. 

Post#224 » by FAH1223 » Sun May 9, 2021 5:31 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Image
User avatar
FAH1223
RealGM
Posts: 12,001
And1: 4,562
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: Russell Westbrook in DC Appreciation Thread. 

Post#225 » by FAH1223 » Mon May 10, 2021 10:01 pm

Read on Twitter
Image
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Starter
Posts: 2,359
And1: 667
Joined: Dec 08, 2011
Location: Formerly known as GilArenas88

Re: Russell Westbrook in DC Appreciation Thread. 

Post#226 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Mon May 10, 2021 10:25 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter


That stat line is absurd for a four game stretch, inflated stat error or not. Russ is now tied for 5th in the league in rebounding. :o
User avatar
FAH1223
RealGM
Posts: 12,001
And1: 4,562
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: Russell Westbrook in DC Appreciation Thread. 

Post#227 » by FAH1223 » Tue May 11, 2021 6:52 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Image
User avatar
FAH1223
RealGM
Posts: 12,001
And1: 4,562
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: Russell Westbrook in DC Appreciation Thread. 

Post#228 » by FAH1223 » Tue May 11, 2021 6:56 am

doclinkin wrote:Whatever hard feelings about losing a favorite player, here is a positivity thread appreciating what the incoming player does well. He's our guy now so welcome on board Russ.


Doc,

May need to add 'The Triple Double King' to the thread title now
Image
yellowknifer
Analyst
Posts: 3,045
And1: 1,974
Joined: Nov 12, 2004
   

Re: Russell Westbrook in DC Appreciation Thread. 

Post#229 » by yellowknifer » Tue May 11, 2021 7:03 am

Pretty incredible turn around for this guy. People were writing him off. Now I don't think anyone wants to see you guys come playoff time. Not a wizards fan but I was curious has he done a better job with his shot selection? It sure seems like it looking at his crazy box scores. It's beyond a video game.
User avatar
FAH1223
RealGM
Posts: 12,001
And1: 4,562
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: Russell Westbrook in DC Appreciation Thread. 

Post#230 » by FAH1223 » Tue May 11, 2021 7:11 am

yellowknifer wrote:Pretty incredible turn around for this guy. People were writing him off. Now I don't think anyone wants to see you guys come playoff time. Not a wizards fan but I was curious has he done a better job with his shot selection? It sure seems like it looking at his crazy box scores. It's beyond a video game.


Since late March, he's been shooting less and looking to pass more. Which is honestly the best thing.

Wizards are playing high-tuned 80s basketball... lots of pace, lots of paint points, and not shooting a ton of 3s.
Image
User avatar
doclinkin
RealGM
Posts: 10,740
And1: 2,940
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: .wizuds.

Re: Russell Westbrook in DC Appreciation Thread. 

Post#231 » by doclinkin » Tue May 11, 2021 12:36 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
doclinkin wrote:Whatever hard feelings about losing a favorite player, here is a positivity thread appreciating what the incoming player does well. He's our guy now so welcome on board Russ.


Doc,

May need to add 'The Triple Double King' to the thread title now


Done!
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 44,705
And1: 9,223
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: Russell Westbrook in DC Appreciation Thread. 

Post#232 » by Ruzious » Tue May 11, 2021 12:47 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter


A Pearl of wisdom - good to see.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 44,705
And1: 9,223
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: Russell Westbrook in DC Appreciation Thread. 

Post#233 » by Ruzious » Tue May 11, 2021 12:52 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

The Big O does not hand out praise lightly. He's often like the grumpy old man telling current players to get off his lawn. It's a big deal that he was effusive with praise for Russ.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
User avatar
Kevin Willis
RealGM
Posts: 10,587
And1: 6,542
Joined: Apr 17, 2009
       

Re: Triple Double King Russell Westbrook Appreciation Thread. 

Post#234 » by Kevin Willis » Tue May 11, 2021 12:53 pm

Congrats Russ.
Best way to beat a dynasty team? Hurt their best players.
9 and 20
Sophomore
Posts: 178
And1: 98
Joined: Mar 28, 2021
 

Re: Triple Double King Russell Westbrook Appreciation Thread. 

Post#235 » by 9 and 20 » Wed May 12, 2021 2:54 am

May not belong in the Russ appreciation thread, but Kevin Willis was amazing - that guy played until he was like 80 years old.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
Halcyon
Veteran
Posts: 2,572
And1: 289
Joined: Jun 16, 2008
       

Re: Triple Double King Russell Westbrook Appreciation Thread. 

Post#236 » by Halcyon » Wed May 12, 2021 4:00 pm

I have to admit I was a huge hater of Westbrook before this season, primarily because whenever I saw him and looked at the stats, he looked so out of control and inefficient. But after watching every game this season, I can see why he is so beloved. He tries incredibly hard, and for the most part, the positives outweigh the negatives. So many games he's completely just willed this team to be competitive, when in prior years we would have folded. You can see how he's loved by other players in the league too, especially the ones he's played with, when you watch him after the game interacting with other players. Congrats Russ, hope you continue to rack up those triple doubles, you've earned this fan's respect.
BearlyBallin
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,311
And1: 451
Joined: Mar 27, 2017
     

Re: Triple Double King Russell Westbrook Appreciation Thread. 

Post#237 » by BearlyBallin » Sat May 22, 2021 11:54 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I love this picture...

But this framed video clip makes me smile every time I see it

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 48,494
And1: 6,874
Joined: Aug 05, 2001
Location: Mililani, Hawaii (Oahu)
Contact:
       

Re: Russell Westbrook in DC Appreciation Thread. 

Post#238 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat May 22, 2021 6:44 pm

doclinkin wrote:What I do like. In players like Deni and Bryant we have young fiery energetic guys who have a competitive nature. Fiery and competitive are Russ' forte. Any player who will get inspired by his attitude and effort may learn what it takes to be an alpha dog in this league at their position. Maybe he will light a fire under players like Rui on defense or Bonga on offense. In the weight room we may see players pushing to keep up.

As for fit, here Russ is surrounded by willing passers and outside shooters. We could stand to have another finisher or two as complementary players. If he chooses to pass instead of calling his own number, the expectation is that player better score with the same aggressive mindset, if not they may not see that ball again soon. Quick decisive moves may mean that "everybody eats" without having to pass the ball around deferentially, but instead twist the throttle and play uptempo. With a young team maybe we have the energy to run some teams off the floor.


Young fiery energetic guys
Willing pastors an outside shooters :-) I love my auto
correct at least today I do
Quick decisive moves that mean everybody eats (kinda sounds like I should be talking about bowels here)

No reason I just saw this comment from December and decided to respond
Chocolate City Jordanaire
/ ccjken
/ @CCJKen1 on Twitter

In the 808 state as ESPN 1420 caller: “Ken from Maryland”
User avatar
doclinkin
RealGM
Posts: 10,740
And1: 2,940
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: .wizuds.

Re: Russell Westbrook in DC Appreciation Thread. 

Post#239 » by doclinkin » Sun May 23, 2021 10:26 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
doclinkin wrote:What I do like. In players like Deni and Bryant we have young fiery energetic guys who have a competitive nature. Fiery and competitive are Russ' forte. Any player who will get inspired by his attitude and effort may learn what it takes to be an alpha dog in this league at their position. Maybe he will light a fire under players like Rui on defense or Bonga on offense. In the weight room we may see players pushing to keep up.

As for fit, here Russ is surrounded by willing passers and outside shooters. We could stand to have another finisher or two as complementary players. If he chooses to pass instead of calling his own number, the expectation is that player better score with the same aggressive mindset, if not they may not see that ball again soon. Quick decisive moves may mean that "everybody eats" without having to pass the ball around deferentially, but instead twist the throttle and play uptempo. With a young team maybe we have the energy to run some teams off the floor.


Young fiery energetic guys
Willing pastors an outside shooters :-) I love my auto
correct at least today I do
Quick decisive moves that mean everybody eats (kinda sounds like I should be talking about bowels here)

No reason I just saw this comment from December and decided to respond



Lookit me being all smart and stuff.
User avatar
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
Posts: 48,494
And1: 6,874
Joined: Aug 05, 2001
Location: Mililani, Hawaii (Oahu)
Contact:
       

Re: Triple Double King Russell Westbrook Appreciation Thread. 

Post#240 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun May 23, 2021 2:35 pm

Per f’n usual.

You and Kevin Broom
Chocolate City Jordanaire
/ ccjken
/ @CCJKen1 on Twitter

In the 808 state as ESPN 1420 caller: “Ken from Maryland”

Return to Washington Wizards