ImageImageImageImageImage

Russell Westbrook Quad Injury - OUT 3-4 Weeks? (Watch it be more!)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

User avatar
FAH1223
RealGM
Posts: 11,324
And1: 4,124
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Russell Westbrook Quad Injury - OUT 3-4 Weeks? (Watch it be more!) 

Post#1 » by FAH1223 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:12 am

Phantom injury we normally get in camp.

Looks like it’s happening after camp this season.

Will we ever see him in a Bullets uniform again?

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Image
prime1time
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,916
And1: 1,065
Joined: Nov 02, 2016
         

Re: Russell Westbrook Quad Injury - OUT 3-4 Weeks? (Watch it be more!) 

Post#2 » by prime1time » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:16 am

FAH1223 wrote:Phantom injury we normally get in camp.

Looks like it’s happening after camp this season.

Will we ever see him in a Bullets uniform again?

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

It's funny at this point. But like I said previously. Our best bet for a great team is to somehow end up with an early draft pick this year and keep Beal. A top 4 pick this year would net us one of Suggs, Cunningham, Green, Mobley. This is what we need.
NatP4
General Manager
Posts: 9,448
And1: 2,838
Joined: Jul 24, 2016
         

Re: Russell Westbrook Quad Injury - OUT 3-4 Weeks? (Watch it be more!) 

Post#3 » by NatP4 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:22 am

Not surprising
User avatar
J-Ves
Starter
Posts: 2,446
And1: 823
Joined: May 16, 2012
 

Re: Russell Westbrook Quad Injury - OUT 3-4 Weeks? (Watch it be more!) 

Post#4 » by J-Ves » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:16 am

He might not miss any games due to covid protocol :o
Frichuela
Junior
Posts: 363
And1: 254
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
 

Re: Russell Westbrook Quad Injury - OUT 3-4 Weeks? (Watch it be more!) 

Post#5 » by Frichuela » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:17 pm

As I suspected...one thing is for sure: our medical team sucks!!! Russ had this injury in the bubble. They knew something for sure: the odd “you can not dunk”’rule in training camp. And now this.
User avatar
queridiculo
RealGM
Posts: 14,834
And1: 6,184
Joined: Mar 29, 2005
Location: Maximum Pain Zone
   

Re: Russell Westbrook Quad Injury - OUT 3-4 Weeks? (Watch it be more!) 

Post#6 » by queridiculo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:29 pm

Frichuela wrote:As I suspected...one thing is for sure: our medical team sucks!!! Russ had this injury in the bubble. They knew something for sure: the odd “you can not dunk”’rule in training camp. And now this.


How much of this do you think is about optics?

The organization (Leonsis really) would have looked pretty foolish announcing this injury after just having moved John Wall.

Of course, this wasn't exactly hard to predict.

Westbrook is on the wrong side of 30, why chance it..
Frichuela
Junior
Posts: 363
And1: 254
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
 

Re: Russell Westbrook Quad Injury - OUT 3-4 Weeks? (Watch it be more!) 

Post#7 » by Frichuela » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:48 pm

queridiculo wrote:
Frichuela wrote:As I suspected...one thing is for sure: our medical team sucks!!! Russ had this injury in the bubble. They knew something for sure: the odd “you can not dunk”’rule in training camp. And now this.


How much of this do you think is about optics?

The organization (Leonsis really) would have looked pretty foolish announcing this injury after just having moved John Wall.

Of course, this wasn't exactly hard to predict.

Westbrook is on the wrong side of 30, why chance it..


For sure, optics probably played a part in it.

Ted is such a clown...as long as he remains the owner, the Wiz are bound to perennially disappoint
User avatar
queridiculo
RealGM
Posts: 14,834
And1: 6,184
Joined: Mar 29, 2005
Location: Maximum Pain Zone
   

Re: Russell Westbrook Quad Injury - OUT 3-4 Weeks? (Watch it be more!) 

Post#8 » by queridiculo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:00 pm

The concern for the Wizards shouldn't be this season, but the seasons beyond.

Arjen Robben, dutch football player that was active for Bayern Munich for the majority of his career comes to mind immediately.

Towards the end of his career he had a debilitating quad injury/strain that he couldn't recover from over a 2 year period, and which ultimately led him to retire.

If this is the same injury that plagued Westbrook last season, what are the chances he's ever going to be right again?
User avatar
TGW
RealGM
Posts: 10,085
And1: 3,682
Joined: Oct 22, 2010

Re: Russell Westbrook Quad Injury - OUT 3-4 Weeks? (Watch it be more!) 

Post#9 » by TGW » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:10 pm

Worst trade ever. Get rid of this front office of losers.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
User avatar
closg00
RealGM
Posts: 21,038
And1: 2,734
Joined: Nov 21, 2004

Re: Russell Westbrook Quad Injury - OUT 3-4 Weeks? (Watch it be more!) 

Post#10 » by closg00 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:14 pm

John Wall says hello
The Wizards finally get a draft steal in Deni Avdija
User avatar
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 57,400
And1: 10,669
Joined: Oct 28, 2002

Re: Russell Westbrook Quad Injury - OUT 3-4 Weeks? (Watch it be more!) 

Post#11 » by nate33 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:23 pm

It's probably a blessing in disguise. We tell Beal that we made a win-now move in the summer (one that he apparently supported) but it just didn't work out this year because of the injury. That will hopefully placate him. Meanwhile, we tank for a high pick but still have a plausible chance of convincing Beal to stay next year after adding the high pick and a hopefully recovered Westbrook.

The only problem is that we will probably play better without Westbrook than with him. A half-injured Westbrook was a stealth tank commander.
Eli Babak
Senior
Posts: 563
And1: 374
Joined: Jun 21, 2018
 

Re: Russell Westbrook Quad Injury - OUT 3-4 Weeks? (Watch it be more!) 

Post#12 » by Eli Babak » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:34 pm

Read on Twitter


:lol:

Hopefully he'll be fine... And I agree with nate33, tanking would've been easier with the way Russ was playing! At least Brooks will not be fired so that helps a bit.
User avatar
TGW
RealGM
Posts: 10,085
And1: 3,682
Joined: Oct 22, 2010

Re: Russell Westbrook Quad Injury - OUT 3-4 Weeks? (Watch it be more!) 

Post#13 » by TGW » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:00 pm

Placate beal...lol. Beal is out of here by the trade deadline. This is a dumpster fire of a franchise...why would a player of Beal's calibre willingly waste a year of his prime tanking?

He's gone.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
User avatar
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 57,400
And1: 10,669
Joined: Oct 28, 2002

Re: Russell Westbrook Quad Injury - OUT 3-4 Weeks? (Watch it be more!) 

Post#14 » by nate33 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:01 pm

TGW wrote:Placate beal...lol. Beal is out of here by the trade deadline. This is a dumpster fire of a franchise...why would a player of Beal's calibre willingly waste a year of his prime tanking?

He's gone.

You've been saying that for years, but Beal keeps sticking around and never complains.
User avatar
FAH1223
RealGM
Posts: 11,324
And1: 4,124
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: Russell Westbrook Quad Injury - OUT 3-4 Weeks? (Watch it be more!) 

Post#15 » by FAH1223 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:13 pm

nate33 wrote:
TGW wrote:Placate beal...lol. Beal is out of here by the trade deadline. This is a dumpster fire of a franchise...why would a player of Beal's calibre willingly waste a year of his prime tanking?

He's gone.

You've been saying that for years, but Beal keeps sticking around and never complains.


Everybody assumes Brad wants to leave.

I don’t think we consider he may never want to leave and actually wants to win here.

I mean, he’d be crazy if he thinks that but I could see why he wouldn’t want to be uprooted as it’s no guarantee of winning a ring.
Image
User avatar
TGW
RealGM
Posts: 10,085
And1: 3,682
Joined: Oct 22, 2010

Re: Russell Westbrook Quad Injury - OUT 3-4 Weeks? (Watch it be more!) 

Post#16 » by TGW » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:29 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
nate33 wrote:
TGW wrote:Placate beal...lol. Beal is out of here by the trade deadline. This is a dumpster fire of a franchise...why would a player of Beal's calibre willingly waste a year of his prime tanking?

He's gone.

You've been saying that for years, but Beal keeps sticking around and never complains.


Everybody assumes Brad wants to leave.

I don’t think we consider he may never want to leave and actually wants to win here.

I mean, he’d be crazy if he thinks that but I could see why he wouldn’t want to be uprooted as it’s no guarantee of winning a ring.


Tea leaves. He bought a mansion in Cali, sold his house in VA after three years, and he said this on a podcast regarding his player option: “I signed my deal and structured it to where I had some flexibility because, at the end of the day, I still want to win. And the organization has to show me that we want to win."

https://www.slamonline.com/nba/bradley-beal-wizards-opt-out/

He's not going to sit through a tank season.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 13,425
And1: 7,723
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
       

Re: Russell Westbrook Quad Injury - OUT 3-4 Weeks? (Watch it be more!) 

Post#17 » by Wizardspride » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:44 pm

TGW wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
nate33 wrote:You've been saying that for years, but Beal keeps sticking around and never complains.


Everybody assumes Brad wants to leave.

I don’t think we consider he may never want to leave and actually wants to win here.

I mean, he’d be crazy if he thinks that but I could see why he wouldn’t want to be uprooted as it’s no guarantee of winning a ring.


Tea leaves. He bought a mansion in Cali, sold his house in VA after three years, and he said this on a podcast regarding his player option: “I signed my deal and structured it to where I had some flexibility because, at the end of the day, I still want to win. And the organization has to show me that we want to win."

https://www.slamonline.com/nba/bradley-beal-wizards-opt-out/

He's not going to sit through a tank season.

You're leaving a key detail out:

Beal didn't sell his house in VA and then buy a house in Cali.

He sold his VA house and then proceeded to buy a house in Potomac MD.

And then he bought a home in Cali.

I'm not saying Brad won't ask for a trade but the home purchases don't mean much to me.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
User avatar
TGW
RealGM
Posts: 10,085
And1: 3,682
Joined: Oct 22, 2010

Re: Russell Westbrook Quad Injury - OUT 3-4 Weeks? (Watch it be more!) 

Post#18 » by TGW » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:50 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
TGW wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Everybody assumes Brad wants to leave.

I don’t think we consider he may never want to leave and actually wants to win here.

I mean, he’d be crazy if he thinks that but I could see why he wouldn’t want to be uprooted as it’s no guarantee of winning a ring.


Tea leaves. He bought a mansion in Cali, sold his house in VA after three years, and he said this on a podcast regarding his player option: “I signed my deal and structured it to where I had some flexibility because, at the end of the day, I still want to win. And the organization has to show me that we want to win."

https://www.slamonline.com/nba/bradley-beal-wizards-opt-out/

He's not going to sit through a tank season.

You're leaving a key detail out:

Beal didn't sell his house in VA and then buy a house in Cali.

He sold his VA house and then proceeded to buy a house in Potomac MD.

And then he bought a home in Cali.

I'm not saying Brad won't ask for a trade but the home purchases don't mean much to me.


Really? I don't see anything showing he purchased a home in Potomac...that's news to me. Link?
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
User avatar
doclinkin
RealGM
Posts: 10,302
And1: 2,445
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: .wizuds.

Re: Russell Westbrook Quad Injury - OUT 3-4 Weeks? (Watch it be more!) 

Post#19 » by doclinkin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:13 pm

TGW wrote:Really? I don't see anything showing he purchased a home in Potomac...that's news to me. Link?


Real Estate: In October 2020, Bradley paid $6.8 million for a 7,200 square-foot home in Venice, California. That feels appropriate given his $72 million contract. Bradley and Kamiah also own a home in Bethesda, Maryland which they acquired in 2019 for $7.8 million. Their previous D.C. area home was sold in September 2020 for $3.5 million.


His trainer Drew Hanlen moved from St Louis to LA. Given that the spends all summer working with him it makes sense to have a summer home. He has earned ~$145m in salary alone and now has a contract with Jordan. What else would he spend his money on?
smoothSeph
Sophomore
Posts: 215
And1: 99
Joined: May 15, 2019
   

Re: Russell Westbrook Quad Injury - OUT 3-4 Weeks? (Watch it be more!) 

Post#20 » by smoothSeph » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:56 pm

Something tells me we're going to make a trade out of desperation to keep Beal happy.

Return to Washington Wizards