ImageImageImageImageImage

What were you right about?

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,572

Re: What were you right about? 

Post#41 » by pcbothwel » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:28 pm

pancakes3 wrote:the deeper i get into the corporate cog slog of my professional career, the more blase i get about how some athletes don't perform to their potential. i'm not embodying the mamba mentality sitting here in my cubicle. it's hypocritical to expect that of javale.

Different. You sit in your cubicle dreaming of being a millionaire for playing the game you love. They dont dream of making 75k while commuting to work in car made before Facebook even existed.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#42 » by payitforward » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:23 pm

pcbothwel wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:the deeper i get into the corporate cog slog of my professional career, the more blase i get about how some athletes don't perform to their potential. i'm not embodying the mamba mentality sitting here in my cubicle. it's hypocritical to expect that of javale.

Different. You sit in your cubicle dreaming of being a millionaire for playing the game you love. They dont dream of making 75k while commuting to work in car made before Facebook even existed.

Whoa!! Cold! :)
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#43 » by pancakes3 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:00 pm

lol, damn dude. unnecessary.
Bullets -> Wizards
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,679

Post#44 » by penbeast0 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:04 pm

pcbothwel wrote:

I dream about making 75 K a year . . . I'm a private school teacher. :D
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
dorianwrite
Rookie
And1: 271

Post#45 » by dorianwrite » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:01 pm

As a very long-time fan of Syracuse college basketball, I have been right in saying, in advance, that every single Orange player since Carmelo who has left school early should have stayed. It's an annual draft-night ritual for me. RIP to the careers of:

Tyler Ennis
Tyler Lydon
Malachi Richardson
Oshae Brissett
Dion Waiters
Donte Greene
Jonny Flynn
Fab Melo
Tyus Battle

And near-and-not-so-dear to Wizards fans, Chris McCullough.

Jerami Grant is the exception that proves the rule. And at least Michael Carter-Williams picked up a ROY award to keep him warm.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,893

Post#46 » by TGW » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:19 am

payitforward wrote:I was right about my third marriage. Does that count?

:lol:
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#47 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:25 pm

pancakes3 wrote:lol, damn dude. unnecessary.

Truly unnecessary. But really freaking funny.
In Rizzo we trust
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#48 » by Dat2U » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:56 am

LaMelo
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie
And1: 139

Post#49 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Thu Feb 4, 2021 2:55 am

Right about the Wizards being wrong giving Bertans that contract...unless of they plan on trading him.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#50 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:57 am

Javale McGhee is no longer Shaquiile O’Neal’s fool.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/shlomosprung/2021/02/11/how-javale-mcgee-embraced-invested-in-vegan-lifestyle-became-grammy-nominated-producer-of-justin-bieber-song/

JaVale McGee Is Thriving Off The Court, As Investor In Vegan Startups And Producer Of A Justin Bieber Song

Forbes. Not bad for someone a former coach labeled as a knucklehead. A lot of people on this board piled on.
Bye bye Beal.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#51 » by Ruzious » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:15 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Javale McGhee is no longer Shaquiile O’Neal’s fool.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/shlomosprung/2021/02/11/how-javale-mcgee-embraced-invested-in-vegan-lifestyle-became-grammy-nominated-producer-of-justin-bieber-song/

JaVale McGee Is Thriving Off The Court, As Investor In Vegan Startups And Producer Of A Justin Bieber Song

Forbes. Not bad for someone a former coach labeled as a knucklehead. A lot of people on this board piled on.

Javale's definitely a smart guy off the court. When he was on the Lakers, his teammates said he was the tech "wizard" on the team - the guy everyone would go to when they had a tech issue.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,316

Post#52 » by NatP4 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:21 pm

Mo Wagner.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,572

Post#53 » by pcbothwel » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:43 pm

NatP4 wrote:Mo Wagner.

Same.
But I also was a huge TBJ fan and its not looking good right now. i know Brooks is trash and its a small sample, but Brown isnt making his shots, isnt converting FTs, and isnt driving to the hoop. He needs to wake up and realize how drastically his career can change his next time in the rotation.
penbeast0

Post#54 » by penbeast0 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:48 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Javale McGhee is no longer Shaquiile O’Neal’s fool.

With all due respect, if you couldn't call JaVale McGee a knucklehead in his Wizard days, the term has no meaning. I believe there are also articles about his ADHD and his refusal to treat it; on the court that meant he was unfocused and, well, a knucklehead. I LOVE that he's doing well now and, since his stint in GS seems to have found a niche as a quality backup center while apparently doing cool things off the court. More power to him.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#55 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:06 pm

penbeast0 wrote:

With all due respect, if you couldn't call JaVale McGee a knucklehead in his Wizard days, the term has no meaning. I believe there are also articles about his ADHD and his refusal to treat it; on the court that meant he was unfocused and, well, a knucklehead. I LOVE that he's doing well now and, since his stint in GS seems to have found a niche as a quality backup center while apparently doing cool things off the court. More power to him.

Special needs individuals shouldn’t be called knuckleheads. Flip Saunders coached horribly. His demeaning term wasn’t professional. I could say a lot more but I will add one thing; Javale is a 3X NBA champion.

He spent two seasons with the Lakers, in addition to his “niche” at Golden State.
Bye bye Beal.
penbeast0

Post#56 » by penbeast0 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:40 pm

Some should; I've been diagnosed autistic and work with special needs kids every day. Some are great, some are knuckleheads, all of them are human with all the flaws and potential that implies.

Return to Washington Wizards