nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 13,481

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 5 

Post#601 » by nate33 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:54 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Ruzious wrote:The Porter family is jinxed with injuries. Hopefully MPJ comes back strong next season.
Even the sisters.

Jontay Porter we thought was going to be a great player but I don't think he's ever going to get over his injuries to play NBA ball.

If I were the Wizards I would be trying to maybe include Bradley 2 Denver right now for Michael Porter it is a risk reward thing

Whenever I hear a serious nerve injury like MPJ's, I think Robert Pack. Initially, his injury wasn't expected to be very serious, but he never really recovered from it. Maybe medical science has improved since then, but I'd be too scared to trade for MPJ - especially with the family situation, and he's already had a major injury himself.

Yup. I'm not trading for MPJ. There's a real chance he is damaged goods. And he just signed a 5-year, $150M deal.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 7,653

Post#602 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:03 am

I wasn't aware Ruz or nate...NVM

Sent from my SM-A526U using RealGM mobile app
After the Wizards GM really went and did it by having an imaginative, strong, draft day. I totally feel this as well;

AFM wrote:Don't sleep on these white bois. That's all I'm saying.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 4,993

Post#603 » by FAH1223 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:45 am

The Suns and Warriors are on a collision course
RealGM

Post#604 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:53 am

After the Wizards GM really went and did it by having an imaginative, strong, draft day. I totally feel this as well;

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#605 » by nate33 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:47 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/washingtonwizards/comments/r1rx3w/happy_to_see_garrison_mathews_making_an_impact_in/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Good to see Mathews finding a home.

I don't have a big problem with the organization letting him go though. After trading for KCP and drafting Kispert, there really wasn't any room left for him on the roster. A team can only use so many 6-5 guys who can't dribble.

Perhaps one can reconsider the wisdom of drafting Kispert in the first place. But once he was drafted, Mathews really didn't have a spot here.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 4,993

Post#606 » by FAH1223 » Yesterday 5:54 am

Read on Twitter

Former Bullets Gary Payton II and Otto Porter contributing to the Warriors nightly!

Read on Twitter

And AD needs work
Read on Twitter
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 10,557

Post#607 » by Ruzious » Yesterday 11:50 am

FAH1223 wrote:The Suns and Warriors are on a collision course

I think the Warriors will end up crushing them - despite the Suns playing tremendously so far.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 10,557

Post#608 » by Ruzious » Yesterday 1:12 pm

Lakers get great shooting games from Lebron, AD, and Westbrook, but barely beat 4-16 Detroit by 4 to reach .500. The Lakers should be better than they've played, but you are what your record is. I don't think they realized how important Caruso was to winning games. They should have paid him instead of trading for Westbrook.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#609 » by nate33 » Yesterday 1:50 pm

Ruzious wrote:Lakers get great shooting games from Lebron, AD, and Westbrook, but barely beat 4-16 Detroit by 4 to reach .500. The Lakers should be better than they've played, but you are what your record is. I don't think they realized how important Caruso was to winning games. They should have paid him instead of trading for Westbrook.

Yup. Caruso, KCP, Kuzma and Harrell combined make about $4M less than Westbrook plus 3 end-of-bench vet minimum guys.

They probably could have shopped Harrell for a guard with a little juice to bend a defense.
RealGM

Post#610 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Yesterday 4:05 pm

Ruzious wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:The Suns and Warriors are on a collision course

I think the Warriors will end up crushing them - despite the Suns playing tremendously so far.
Javale McGee is the lucky piece for the Suns and they're going to win it all

Return to Washington Wizards