Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Re: GT #52: Bullets @ Suns 10 PM on CSNW 

Post#41 » by 80sballboy » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:19 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
NatP4 wrote:
9 and 20 wrote:This team is so bad without Beal. Not that with him, we're any good. But without him - goodness.

For whatever talk about Brooks being horrible, this team just needs better players. It's amazing what they have built for $120 million or whatever the salaries are for this year.

It’s depressing because it’s really a talent evaluation problem. They could have a do over on all of that 40 million they are paying Westbrook, they would just give it so some other scrub. They could’ve traded Wall for draft picks, but they would’ve missed with all of the picks.

It’s just a pathetic organization.

It was close for a half but I think Westbrook came out playing stupid in the second half; from what I see in the box score and the play-by-play...

I think the problems with his team are much more coaching than personnel.

Westbrook needed to put up 45 for them to have a chance. You are not beating the Suns in the second of a BTB without Beal. Didn't matter what he did in the second half. Booker and Paul just decided to play and the rest followed.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#42 » by 80sballboy » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:21 am

As the Tank Turns, we're 19-33, 3.5 games out of 10th. Here comes Utah on Monday on the road.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#43 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:24 am

NatP4 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
NatP4 wrote:Shoot, I’d love to see Giddey next to Beal. They could be deadly.

I’m lost.

Giddey?

2021 draft candidate. Would be a nice fit next to Beal, Deni, and Rui. Think turbo charged Tomas Satoransky.
https://nbadraftroom.com/josh-giddey/

THIS guy...thanks, NatP4

Sent from my SM-T500 using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,318

Post#44 » by NatP4 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:31 am

80sballboy wrote:
NatP4 wrote:
9 and 20 wrote:This team is so bad without Beal. Not that with him, we're any good. But without him - goodness.

For whatever talk about Brooks being horrible, this team just needs better players. It's amazing what they have built for $120 million or whatever the salaries are for this year.

It’s depressing because it’s really a talent evaluation problem. They could have a do over on all of that 40 million they are paying Westbrook, they would just give it so some other scrub. They could’ve traded Wall for draft picks, but they would’ve missed with all of the picks.

It’s just a pathetic organization.

They couldn't get draft picks for Wall, a broken down 30-year old point guard coming off an Achiles' injury with a huge deal, who had not played in 2 years. He made the same money as Westbrook as that was likely the only deal we could make, barring taking another bad contract from somebody else. We could whine and cry about Westbrook, but we're stuck with him unless the owner decides to buy him out, which will never happen. They need a strong coach to maximize his talents and sit him more.

I was talking about before the injury.
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 837

Post#45 » by 9 and 20 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:29 am

I remember before the Wall extension and injuries, it was almost a forgone conclusion that he would be signing with the Lakers when he became a free agent. Then there was some talk in the media about a potential trade to the Lakers, if I remember right.

Then he gets hurt and the best we can do is Rashard Lewis. I mean Russ Westbrook.

I was in my teens when we waited until Webber hurt his shoulder, then the organization put out some garbage about Webber's personal life, then dumped him for Mitch Richmond's retirement tour. That one still stings.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,477

Post#46 » by bwgood77 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:52 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Remember when I went on and on about Jalen Smith being so much better than Deni?

I do.

Give it time...give it time. I am. I liked Deni in the draft. Though I really wanted Haliburton for the Suns when he slipped. There was a rumor that some unexpected person might slip and the Suns would take him...I think if that was true it was Deni. I was ok with Jalen based on his rare skillset coming in (shot blocking, 3 pt shooting 4) but not played so far really.

I like your guy's team going forward. I used to really respect Westbrook, but thought he was kind of done, but obviously he isn't. If your team can get a great rook I think you can be good next year. I can see wanting to get rid of Westbrook too but his intensity and effort may rub off on others, the young guys and his fit with Beal seems better than I expected.

Return to Washington Wizards