ImageImageImageImageImage

Uh Oh... People think the Bullets are getting into the Play-In Tournament

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Re: Uh Oh... People think the Bullets are getting into the Play-In Tournament 

Post#241 » by dlts20 » Sun May 16, 2021 5:59 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:If I understand correctly the team that finishes eighth plays the seventh seed in a one game scenario. That winning team is in the playoffs as a seven seed.

Otherwise, the team has to win two games to be in the playoffs.

If the wizards finish eighth then they will end up playing Boston.

7 host 8. Winner gets 7 seed. 9 host 10. Loser is eliminated.

Loser of 7/8 host winner of 9/10.

Basically if we beat Charlotte, we get 2 shots to make the playoffs. 1 on the road in Boston and if we lose then 1 at home against indy/char.

Boston game is already scheduled for Tuesday night on tnt. I hope we get it. That would be a great match up and we will also know the winner of 9/10 before that game so we will already know who we are hosting on Thursday shall we lose to Boston
jeff1624
RealGM
And1: 1,068

Post#242 » by jeff1624 » Sun May 16, 2021 6:49 am

NatP4 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:I still think you want the nets and hope they get injury bitten !

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app

Not to mention Kyrie and Harden have been flat out awful since the all star break.

Kyrie is averaging 27 ppg, 5 rpg, 6 apg on a 60% ts percentage since the all star break...
Dat Leadership
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#243 » by gambitx777 » Sun May 16, 2021 7:07 am

They also have defence issues. So like a team like us with fire power in beal and Westbrook and Bertans can maybe keep up in a scoring contest vs a team like the 76er who are just a better ball team all the way around.
jeff1624 wrote:
NatP4 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:I still think you want the nets and hope they get injury bitten !

Not to mention Kyrie and Harden have been flat out awful since the all star break.

Kyrie is averaging 27 ppg, 5 rpg, 6 apg on a 60% ts percentage since the all star break...

NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,307

Post#244 » by NatP4 » Sun May 16, 2021 2:15 pm

jeff1624 wrote:
NatP4 wrote:

And a -9.7 on/off differential (worst on the team)

But counting stats and all that
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,464

Post#245 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sun May 16, 2021 2:44 pm

The unfortunate reality is that, unless one of them lose their studs to injury, each of the top three is out of our reach in a best of seven, particularly with Brooks as our ‘coach.’

Nonetheless, I’m really hoping we get the chance.
In Rizzo we trust
NatP4
RealGM

Post#246 » by NatP4 » Sun May 16, 2021 3:03 pm

If Brooks suddenly flipped a switch (which he has never done in the past), and started Gafford and played him 28+ minutes, and cut the 3 PG lineups, and also committed to playing Anthony Gill a good amount of minutes, I like this team to be a legit contender in the east.

All the Scott Brooks specials from the regular season are usually magnified in the playoffs though. I specifically recall watching small ball lineups with Markief Morris at the 5 get absolutely steamrolled in the playoffs. I’ll never forget the John Wall&Brandon Jennings duo either.
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,970

Post#247 » by DCZards » Sun May 16, 2021 3:54 pm

jeff1624 wrote:
NatP4 wrote:

I don't put too much stock in what Kyrie and Harden have done or not done since the all-star break. Kyrie is a world champion who has already proven that he's capable of coming up big on the biggest stage and Harden, who has barely played since the break due to injuries, is one of the top 10 players in the NBA. They'll be fine.

The Net's mediocre defense could doom them. But they're going to be tough to beat in close games if they're healthy and can roll out Kyrie, Harden and Durant.

Did I mention that the Nets also have the league's top 3pt shooter % wise--Joe Harris?
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#248 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Sun May 16, 2021 4:08 pm

Beal is now upgraded to game time decision.
AWIZZINGBULLET
Rookie
And1: 139

Post#249 » by AWIZZINGBULLET » Sun May 16, 2021 7:54 pm

Why does everyone keep saying the Wizards are officially in the playoffs?

We would miss the playoffs if the Wizards failed to beat Boston and lost the second game also...unless I'm missing something.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#250 » by Ruzious » Tue May 18, 2021 1:19 am

AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:Why does everyone keep saying the Wizards are officially in the playoffs?

We would miss the playoffs if the Wizards failed to beat Boston and lost the second game also...unless I'm missing something.

You are correct sir.

I think we will beat Boston - to make the playoffs. After we do that, I'm kinda hoping we play Boston in the first round. They're going to be tired, and losing Brown is a big deal for them. It's not like they still have Hayward to plug in there. Rui's gotta take on Tatum, or we double-team him all series... or maul him, lol.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#251 » by payitforward » Tue May 18, 2021 1:37 am

How could we "play Boston in the first round," Ruz? If we beat them tomorrow night, we'll play Brooklyn. If we lose tomorrow night, but we win the 2d play-in game, we will play Philly in the first round.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#252 » by Ruzious » Tue May 18, 2021 1:49 am

payitforward wrote:How could we "play Boston in the first round," Ruz? If we beat them tomorrow night, we'll play Brooklyn. If we lose tomorrow night, but we win the 2d play-in game, we will play Philly in the first round.

You're right - I'm exhausted from doing a ton of 1040's today - going senile basically. Still gotta do my own extensions.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#253 » by gambitx777 » Tue May 18, 2021 2:24 am

I think we beat Boston pretty easy then who knows what happens with the nets

9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 832

Post#254 » by 9 and 20 » Tue May 18, 2021 2:43 am

AWIZZINGBULLET wrote:Why does everyone keep saying the Wizards are officially in the playoffs?

We're looking at it through the soWizards lens. We are in the playoffs, and if we beat Boston, we're the champs. New urinal cakes for everyone.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
NatP4
RealGM

Post#255 » by NatP4 » Tue May 18, 2021 3:54 pm

gambitx777 wrote:I think we beat Boston pretty easy then who knows what happens with the nets

They start Claxton and sweep us...

I would probably put Kyrie and Beal on the same level, but the Nets have 3 players who are better than anyone on the wizards. We would need some bad coaching on their part to be able to have a shot.

The sixers would present a different challenge.....stopping one unstoppable player.
smoothSeph
Pro Prospect
And1: 526

Post#256 » by smoothSeph » Tue May 18, 2021 4:06 pm

gambitx777 wrote:I think we beat Boston pretty easy then who knows what happens with the nets

I guess I'm a lot less confident. This is officially playoff basketball and the match up I'm looking at is Brad Stevens vs Scott Brooks.

Return to Washington Wizards