ImageImageImageImageImage

Rui Hachimura 2.0

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 944

Re: Rui Hachimura 2.0 

Post#1081 » by tleikheen » Sat May 20, 2023 11:20 pm

McMenamin: “And that’s why, no matter what happens from here on out for the rest of the Lakers’ postseason run, they’ve identified these two players in particular, you have to imagine Rui Hachimura and Austin Reaves will be part of their future going forward.”

Woj: “Both restricted free agents, I don’t see any scenario where the Lakers would not match on both. They have to... They’ve proved themselves to be win-now players with LeBron and Anthony Davis on their timeline (and) these are both starting-level players... Again, they will match on those two. They just cannot let them leave.”

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2023/5/20/23731296/nba-free-agency-rumors-lakers-austin-reaves-rui-hachimura-dangelo-russell-contract-extension
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#1082 » by payitforward » Sun May 21, 2023 1:12 am

You know... it really seems like anyone who has any need or desire to make their positions clear on Rui -- his past, how great he's shooting the ball this post-season, his future, you name it -- has had ample time to say their fill.

We're getting to the point where it's mostly "I'm right, you're wrong" vs. "no way -- you are wrong & I'm right" -- stuff which really isn't about Rui but about chest-puffing & head-butting.

I wonder whether it isn't time for the Mods to lock this thread. After all, we already have a thread for news about ex-Wizards. & that's what Rui is; he's an ex-Wizard.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Post#1083 » by deneem4 » Sun May 21, 2023 2:37 am

Him getting traded resulted in a gm getting fired…
And he’s a key player in a conference finals…
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
deneem4
Lead Assistant

Post#1084 » by deneem4 » Sun May 21, 2023 2:39 am

payitforward wrote:You know... it really seems like anyone who has any need or desire to make their positions clear on Rui -- his past, how great he's shooting the ball this post-season, his future, you name it -- has had ample time to say their fill.

We're getting to the point where it's mostly "I'm right, you're wrong" vs. "no way -- you are wrong & I'm right" -- stuff which really isn't about Rui but about chest-puffing & head-butting.

I wonder whether it isn't time for the Mods to lock this thread. After all, we already have a thread for news about ex-Wizards. & that's what Rui is; he's an ex-Wizard.

It’s draft season what exactly did we trade him for?
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,307

Post#1085 » by NatP4 » Sun May 21, 2023 2:57 am

Rui has been awful tonight. Getting abused over and over on defense. Can’t rebound at all.

It’s fools gold. Makes a few shots, doesn’t help his team overall.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#1086 » by montestewart » Sun May 21, 2023 12:56 pm

payitforward wrote:You know... it really seems like anyone who has any need or desire to make their positions clear on Rui -- his past, how great he's shooting the ball this post-season, his future, you name it -- has had ample time to say their fill.

Don't worry PIF. At all times, every thread is on the lock chopping block. We'll discuss on poker night.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,050

Post#1087 » by queridiculo » Sun May 21, 2023 3:42 pm

NatP4 wrote:Rui has been awful tonight. Getting abused over and over on defense. Can’t rebound at all.

You mean, it's not reasonable to expect him to maintain a TS% north of .700?

I am shocked.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,050

Post#1088 » by queridiculo » Sun May 21, 2023 3:44 pm

deneem4 wrote:Him getting traded resulted in a gm getting fired…

:lol: ya, that's what did it.

You stans are too much.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,307

Post#1089 » by NatP4 » Sun May 21, 2023 4:50 pm

queridiculo wrote:
NatP4 wrote:Rui has been awful tonight. Getting abused over and over on defense. Can’t rebound at all.

You mean, it's not reasonable to expect him to maintain a TS% north of .700?

I am shocked.

Even with the lights out shooting, he’s not an impact player. Jokic dominated him in the post last night. He stops the ball and tosses up bricks in pivotal moments, he rebounds like a 2/3 and offers zero paint defense.

The lakers have an awful roster. It’s 3 good players, and a bunch of guys who should not see playoff minutes. They turn to Rui off the bench because they don’t have really another option (although Vanderbilt is much better).

This thread is just ridiculous. The wizards were smart to trade him for whatever they can get.
deneem4
Lead Assistant

Post#1090 » by deneem4 » Sun May 21, 2023 5:10 pm

queridiculo wrote:

You stans are too much.

Honestly it wasnt too much fire Tommy even on this board until tht happened, even after it happen there wasn’t too much Tommy hate here, so it was surprising
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#1091 » by montestewart » Sun May 21, 2023 8:59 pm

deneem4 wrote:
queridiculo wrote:

You stans are too much.

Honestly it wasnt too much fire Tommy even on this board until tht happened, even after it happen there wasn’t too much Tommy hate here, so it was surprising

Other hates pale in comparison to EGgp hate and Terd hate. He seems like a nice guy, and not a moron. But his teams were always mediocre and they weren’t going anywhere. He didn’t trade Beal when his value was at its highest. He didn’t get any home runs in the draft, and he had a few strikeouts. He didn’t have many huge fans around here. And he wasn’t fired for the Hachimura trade. That would be silly.
tleikheen
Analyst

Post#1092 » by tleikheen » Mon May 22, 2023 1:22 am

Rui has been awful tonight. Getting abused over and over on defense. Can’t rebound at all.

Youve been the #1 Wizards fan with the false slanted stats that paint a false picture of Hachimura. .Its been "widely" reported all over podcasts starting with Woj that the Lakers will match any offers which they expect to be offered to Rui. All these stats of Rui doesnt show he's a player that "doesnt help his team overall",he's a low BBIQ player , he's a blackhole,and he's inconsistent is from a team that has a Coach/GM that cant judge talent or develop it and rightfully so held accountable for Shepard and with WUJ being on the hot seat.

He stops the ball and tosses up bricks in pivotal moments, he rebounds like a 2/3 and offers zero paint defense

Youve turned into lying for your posts, SAD.....
Regardless of where the Lakers’ run through the NBA playoffs ends, it’s impossible not to see that Austin Reaves and Rui Hachimura have both set themselves up for massive paydays in restricted free agency this summer.
Woj: “Both restricted free agents, I don’t see any scenario where the Lakers would not match on both. They have to... They’ve proved themselves to be win-now players with LeBron and Anthony Davis on their timeline (and) these are both starting-level players... Again, they will match on those two. They just cannot let them leave.”

But Nooooo...... Nate has his stats on Rui and knows
tleikheen
Analyst

Post#1093 » by tleikheen » Mon May 22, 2023 1:32 am

Which ex Wizard player was on the Wizards for 2/3 rds of the season and played 1/2 his games on this seasons Wizards team,no one but Rui Hachimura. Only the ones that have trashed Hachimura the most want the Rui posts to stop while this season is still going and their false narrative of Rui blows up in their face with all the positive publicity that he's gotton and is getting.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#1094 » by gambitx777 » Mon May 22, 2023 2:59 am

Rui is who Rui is as I have been saying. But criticism is bad and you can't be mean to him cuz my god how stupid were we to trade him.
He playes well then he doesn't then something comes up then he comes back and repeat. Rui turned down an extension in the 12 mill range which was fair given his production. We had to move him or let him walk, tonny didn't get fired over Rui he got fired because he missed the play in. If we made the play in Tommy would absolutely still be here. Period.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
prime1time
Analyst
And1: 1,868

Post#1095 » by prime1time » Mon May 22, 2023 3:57 am

Mods please don't shut down this thread. The Rui haters consistently provide a good laugh. In the minds of Rui haters there is no reality where we would have benefitted from not trading Rui. The latest anti-Rui arguments are that he can't stop Jokic, he can't keep up 70% plus true shooting percentage and he can't single-handedly lead the Lakers to the Championship. It's hilarious to see them constantly moving the goalposts due to Rui's good play.

Now here's some perspective. Rudy Gobert (Defensive POY) and KAT couldn't stop Jokic. KD and Ayton couldn't stop Jokic. AD couldn't stop Jokic. But now they are using the fact that Rui can't stop Jokic as a line of attack against Rui. Who can stop Jokic in the NBA? Actually hilarious that this is being trotted out. Next line of criticism, he can't keep up the good true shooting percentage.

Once again, this line of attack shows the inability to use basketball reasoning with regard to Rui. First lets put it in perspective, Russell's true shooting % is 51.6%, Schroder's true shooting % is 51.3%, LeBron's true shooting % is 57.3%, Anthony Davis true shooting % is 60.3% and LeBron's true shooting % is 57.3%. Rui's true shooting % is 70%. So, by far he has the highest true shooting % on the team. When Rui played in the playoffs against the 76ers, Rui shot 70.8%.

Rui haters try to portray his true shooting % as luck. In 20 playoff games Rui has a true shooting % of 70.2%. Let's put that in perspective. Michael Jordan's true shooting % in the playoffs is 56.8%. Shaq's true shooting % is 63.9%. For too long Rui haters have hid behind the fact that Rui's impressive scoring efficiency is just luck. Some games will be good, some games will be bad. This is what they said after the Philly series several years ago. And this is also why they only show up after he has a "bad" shooting game. The reality is that Rui is a superiorly skilled offensive player that is able to consistently generate good looks. Yes some shots, he will miss and some shots he will make, but as his true percentage shows, he's scores at an efficient rate consistently. In addition, Rui does not force bad shots.

The last line of attack against Rui is that he can't lead to winning. This argument, is the most truthful but also the most erroneous. Stars impact winning. Not role players. By trotting out this line of argument, Rui haters ironically undermine their entire argument because it demonstrates that they think Rui is at the level where a player should be judge on wins and losses. Personally, I limit this standard to stars. When the Celtics get blown out, I don't blame Grant Williams or Derrick White, I blame Brown and Tatum. By making Rui the scapegoat of not only the Lakers struggles but also the Wizards struggles, they show that their expectations of Rui are that of a #1 or #2 option.

Lastly, only when looked at together can you really understand just how bizarre this line of reasoning and obsessive goal post-moving is. Let's say there was a player who could meet their lofty standards. A player that could stop Jokic, a player that could maintain a true shooting % (every game) over 70% (remember MJ's true shooting percentage in the playoffs is 56.8% and Shaq's is 63.9%) and a player who could single-handedly swing playoff games (regardless of what else is happening on the team); surely this player would be in conversation to be the goat. To put it another way, their arguments/expectations are designed so that Rui must fail.

Rui hating in this sense is a self-fulfilling prophesy. A tautology. The closest thing basketball has to religion. The reason they have to rush in to this thread after bad games is because what's really being debated isn't whether or not Rui's a good player but rather the whole way they evaluate and perceive the game of basketball. This is why the critcisms of Rui are incoherent. Because Rui haters refuse to say what they really believe. What is that you ask? That deep down they are simply don't like the way he plays and there's nothing that he can do to change that. If Rui plays well, we'd have to overpay him. If he plays poorly, he shouldn't be in the league. If he has a good game, he just got lucky. If he has a bad game, we have finally seen the real Hachimura and he clearly sucks.
prime1time
Analyst
And1: 1,868

Post#1096 » by prime1time » Mon May 22, 2023 4:38 am

Rui haters tell us that Rui can't impact winning. Just several months ago, the Lakers were on the fast track to the draft lottery. After trading for Hachimura and several other players, the Lakers are in the conference finals. If Hachimura has no impact on winning, how do Rui haters explain this? In addition, with Rui the Wizards were 17-13 without Rui the Wizards were 18-34. At some point, we have to base conversations about Hachimura in actual facts. Rui's defense has been routinely criticized on this board. In his first playoff run his DBPM was a -.2. In the playoffs with the Lakers his DPBM is 1.4.

This is from the Athletic's Lakers writer, not super biased Hachimura stan prime1time
Hachimura had defended elite bigs well throughout his Lakers tenure, including, most notably, Minnesota’s Karl-Anthony Towns in the regular season and Play-In tournament game and Memphis’ Jaren Jackson Jr. in the first round. His wide frame, strength and low center of gravity against bigger players make him an effective post-defender.

Rui haters criticize him for not getting assists, ignoring the fact that the Lakers rarely let him initiate the offensive possession. The criticism that he doesn't rebound enough is a fair criticism, but here's the thing. What is Rui hearing from the Lakers coaches about his role on the team? Is he going back to the bench and getting criticized for not grabbing enough rebounds? If the Coaching staff with the Lakers are happy with his performances and if the Lakers front office intends on matching ANY offer they get, then what sense does it make to obsessively nitpick him?
Read on Twitter

As much as Rui haters in this thread shout from the mountaintops and circle like vultures after he has a bad game, the reality is that NBA teams completely and categorically reject this viewpoint. At the end of the day, the only barometer for Hachimura is the ability to find a team that will pay him. To the degree that Rui succeeds in this venture, it really doesn't matter what random haters have to say. As someone who believes that the best is yet to come for Hachimura, I hope Rui continues to silence his haters.
tleikheen
Analyst

Post#1097 » by tleikheen » Mon May 22, 2023 9:01 am

[quoteRui turned down an extension in the 12 mill range which was fair given his production. ][/quote]

Thats according to mastah of DC and the rest of the farm ( wizard fans). Gotta be glad he got a job in DC. He cant play in the bright lights ( we already know what he can do) ,we done raised him and know he dont got a head for this.( low BBIQ).
All that good basketball playing is a mirage (we done seen what he can do),dogwhistlers.

All those millions of basketball fans around the world seeing the lakers and Rui play that AIN"T the real one we seen the real one.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,776

Post#1098 » by Rafael122 » Mon May 22, 2023 1:40 pm

It's weird how teams always do the same thing over and over again. I think a 4 year/$50 million deal for Reaves is fair, that's essentially MLE money. But some team is going to come out and give him a $100 million offer sheet that the Lakers have no choice but to match. Then you're doubling down and probably giving Rui the full MLE. I feel like their playoff run has been fools gold, Memphis just fell apart, caught the Warriors coming off a 7 game series with Sacramento. IDK...I can see why Rui is enticing, 6'9 dude that can shoot but the defense just isn't there and with the way the CBA is set up, you have to nail these MLE type of signings to have a chance.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#1099 » by gambitx777 » Mon May 22, 2023 2:05 pm

Rafael122 wrote:It's weird how teams always do the same thing over and over again. I think a 4 year/$50 million deal for Reaves is fair, that's essentially MLE money. But some team is going to come out and give him a $100 million offer sheet that the Lakers have no choice but to match. Then you're doubling down and probably giving Rui the full MLE. I feel like their playoff run has been fools gold, Memphis just fell apart, caught the Warriors coming off a 7 game series with Sacramento. IDK...I can see why Rui is enticing, 6'9 dude that can shoot but the defense just isn't there and with the way the CBA is set up, you have to nail these MLE type of signings to have a chance.
Rui turned down a 12 plus mill extension for us which would have been very fair! They have his bird rights they can pay him what every they think and if they really feel over the barrel they might be forced to pay both. Rui is not taking less than as much as he can get. They kids gonna go for the biggest pay day because he knows in his heart he doesn't love the game. He's not long for the NBA. He's gonna get a giant deal and be the next Duncan Robinson, the next Ryan Anderson, the next Chandler parsons. He's gonna get paid and fall off a cliff. I'm calling this one.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,969

Post#1100 » by DCZards » Mon May 22, 2023 2:34 pm

Looking for confirmation that the Zards offered Rui a $12 mil extension. Can someone here provide it … or is it based on rumor?

Return to Washington Wizards