Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: Rui Hachimura 2.0 

Post#281 » by Ruzious » Thu Dec 2, 2021 10:45 am

CobraCommander wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I just hope Rui can handle the standing O he's gonna get when he steps on the court in a real game for the first time this season.

Yes, at Washington. Sheesh.

Seriously, I think it'll be an important moment for him - if the fans show they support him and care about him.

I agree- also have you always been a bucks fan? I see you here so often I assumed you rocked with the Wiz

Yes - since I was a little kid - Lew Alcindor was my favorite player, and it stuck via association. And growing up in MD, the Bullets were also my favorite team.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#282 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Thu Dec 2, 2021 1:28 pm

Ruzious wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
Ruzious wrote:I just hope Rui can handle the standing O he's gonna get when he steps on the court in a real game for the first time this season.

Yes, at Washington. Sheesh.

Seriously, I think it'll be an important moment for him - if the fans show they support him and care about him.

I agree- also have you always been a bucks fan? I see you here so often I assumed you rocked with the Wiz

Yes - since I was a little kid - Lew Alcindor was my favorite player, and it stuck via association. And growing up in MD, the Bullets were also my favorite team.

Ok, name that tune:

Darling you can’t love two. Darling you can’t love two.

You can’t love two and still be true oh darling you can’t love two.
In Rizzo we trust
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#283 » by Ruzious » Thu Dec 2, 2021 1:50 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:

Ok, name that tune:

As long as they don't play each other in the playoffs, it's pretty much a monogamous relationship. Don't ask me about 1971 - I don't even remember how it was physically possible that they both played in the Finals. I was just 9. :dontknow:

And it made getting Bobby Dandridge twice the fun.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,944

Post#284 » by CobraCommander » Thu Dec 2, 2021 3:41 pm

Ruzious wrote:
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Yes - since I was a little kid - Lew Alcindor was my favorite player, and it stuck via association. And growing up in MD, the Bullets were also my favorite team.

Ok, name that tune:

As long as they don't play each other in the playoffs, it's pretty much a monogamous relationship. Don't ask me about 1971 - I don't even remember how it was physically possible that they both played in the Finals. I was just 9. :dontknow:

And it made getting Bobby Dandridge twice the fun.

Ruz is polyamorus lol
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#285 » by Ruzious » Thu Dec 2, 2021 5:01 pm

And a shameless ring-chaser.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,354

Post#286 » by nate33 » Fri Dec 3, 2021 5:13 pm

Read on Twitter
badinage
Bench Warmer
And1: 884

Post#287 » by badinage » Fri Dec 3, 2021 7:06 pm

nate33 wrote:
Read on Twitter

!!!
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,932

Post#288 » by Frichuela » Fri Dec 3, 2021 7:46 pm

badinage wrote:
nate33 wrote:
Read on Twitter

!!!

Should we get excited???

If Rui comes back as an improved 3pt shooter with a better grasp on team defensive fundamentals, watch out! :nod:
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#289 » by Ruzious » Fri Dec 3, 2021 7:59 pm

Frichuela wrote:
badinage wrote:
nate33 wrote:
Read on Twitter

!!!

Should we get excited???

If Rui comes back as an improved 3pt shooter with a better grasp on team defensive fundamentals, watch out! :nod:

The next step will be getting him some basketball shorts and white sox.
badinage
Bench Warmer
And1: 884

Post#290 » by badinage » Fri Dec 3, 2021 8:44 pm

Frichuela wrote:
badinage wrote:
nate33 wrote:
Read on Twitter

!!!

Should we get excited???

We should.

That’s what being a fan IS — if we can’t get excited about every scrap-heap signing that looks good, or every report of promise in camp or in practice, or every glimmer of anything that looks halfway good … I mean, what’s the point.

Fandom is about wild swings of the pendulum.

And being cautious, being measured, proceeding with logic and reason and rationalism — save that for surviving the insanity and terror and fragility and cruelty of life.
J-Ves
Veteran
And1: 1,111

Post#291 » by J-Ves » Fri Dec 3, 2021 9:41 pm

Frichuela wrote:
badinage wrote:
nate33 wrote:
Read on Twitter

!!!

Should we get excited???

Rui was 11/18 from 3 in the postseason. A sample size that is small but not by no means insignificant

Another thing to note is Rui looks slimed down which might mean he plays much more SF. 3nD Rui would be a massive help to this team
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,318

Post#292 » by NatP4 » Fri Dec 3, 2021 11:55 pm

A Rui that plays primarily the 3 and has transformed his game into a real perimeter threat would be great.

I imagine we just shift KCP more to the 2 and drop holiday from the rotation in order to get a Rui some minutes. All for it
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#293 » by Wizardspride » Sat Dec 4, 2021 12:40 am

Read on Twitter
?t=V-AKxTchjbiE-SuWu7e7QA&s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#294 » by payitforward » Sat Dec 4, 2021 1:30 am

A whole lot more arc on those shots! Go Rui!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,932

Post#295 » by Frichuela » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:36 pm

Honestly, what the hell is going on with Rui??? This is very frustrating…is he made of glass??

Read on Twitter
?s=21
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,572

Post#296 » by pcbothwel » Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:56 pm

2 months ago he was healthy, but not in game shape and simply doing drills.
6 weeks ago he was expected to be fully integrated in 2 weeks.
1 month ago he started practicing with the Go-Go.
Now it looks like another 3-4 weeks.....

Im not sure if they are taking it slow because they want to showcase other forwards, but something is off.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,354

Post#297 » by nate33 » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:10 pm

Frichuela wrote:Honestly, what the hell is going on with Rui??? This is very frustrating…is he made of glass??

Read on Twitter
?s=21

None of this makes sense. If he has mental health issues and hates basketball (or the stress of basketball, or he is homesick, or whatever), then why is he with the team and practicing? If he is here and practicing basketball, then why isn't he playing by now?

There has to be more going on behind the scenes. At this point, I'm about to write him off completely. It's best to assume that he is no longer an NBA player until we see otherwise. We should make no future decisions based on the notion that he will be a part of this roster.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#298 » by Ruzious » Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:13 pm

pcbothwel wrote:2 months ago he was healthy, but not in game shape and simply doing drills.
6 weeks ago he was expected to be fully integrated in 2 weeks.
1 month ago he started practicing with the Go-Go.
Now it looks like another 3-4 weeks.....

Im not sure if they are taking it slow because they want to showcase other forwards, but something is off.

And at some point in January, they're going to say he won't be back till February, and that might be overly optimistic. The lack of progression is crazy.
smoothSeph
Pro Prospect
And1: 526

Post#299 » by smoothSeph » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:00 pm

I wonder if this is Rui or the organization at this point. I don’t know, but I doubt Rui would be hanging around and practicing with the team but not want to play. All of this is so weird.
prime1time
Analyst
And1: 1,868

Post#300 » by prime1time » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:09 pm

I suspect that we might be looking at a Markelle Fultz esque situation. Nothing else really makes sense. I guess we'll see when he steps out on the court. And when I refer to Markelle Fultz, I'm specifically talking about the yips.

Return to Washington Wizards