Post#81 » by Dark Faze » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:26 pm

70? Wow, he's aging incredibly well.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,353

Re: Report: Scott Brooks Likely to Return 

Post#82 » by Kanyewest » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:13 pm

WallToWall wrote:
miller31time wrote:D’Antoni would really help this team and could push us to a level we haven’t been in for a long time.
But of course we’re going to play the “Will They, Won’t They” game with Brooks for weeks so that the good coaching candidates have already been signed.
Because Wizards.

D'Antoni would be a good choice. Would really like to see him with the Wizards and give him a chance to bring in new assistant coaches. Some new ways of doing things are needed. At 70 yrs old, do you think he still has what it takes? I do.

Westbrook said D'Antoni didn't hold Harden accountable in Houston- so there may be some bad blood between the two of them. I don't think it happens.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#83 » by TGW » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:27 pm

Kanyewest wrote:
WallToWall wrote:
miller31time wrote:D’Antoni would really help this team and could push us to a level we haven’t been in for a long time.
But of course we’re going to play the “Will They, Won’t They” game with Brooks for weeks so that the good coaching candidates have already been signed.
Because Wizards.

D'Antoni would be a good choice. Would really like to see him with the Wizards and give him a chance to bring in new assistant coaches. Some new ways of doing things are needed. At 70 yrs old, do you think he still has what it takes? I do.

Westbrook said D'Antoni didn't hold Harden accountable in Houston- so there may be some bad blood between the two of them. I don't think it happens.

That's funny, because Brooks doesn't hold Westbrook accountable here.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
badinage
Bench Warmer
And1: 884

Post#84 » by badinage » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:45 pm

TGW wrote:
Kanyewest wrote:
WallToWall wrote:D'Antoni would be a good choice. Would really like to see him with the Wizards and give him a chance to bring in new assistant coaches. Some new ways of doing things are needed. At 70 yrs old, do you think he still has what it takes? I do.

Name a star in the NBA who is “held accountable.”

Not a one.

Stars must be treated with utmost delicacy — else they leave, or create dissent before they do.

So GMs must involve them in personnel decisions. And act as though the player has the power to shape and decide.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#85 » by TGW » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:39 pm

badinage wrote:
TGW wrote:
Kanyewest wrote:

Not a one.

Stars must be treated with utmost delicacy — else they leave, or create dissent before they do.

So GMs must involve them in personnel decisions. And act as though the player has the power to shape and decide.

Westbrook isn't a star. He has the label because of what he did four years ago, but he's not in demand anymore. So giving him any say in any decisions is foolish...unless your a mom 'n pop organization like the Wizards.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
badinage
Bench Warmer
And1: 884

Post#86 » by badinage » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:46 am

TGW wrote:
badinage wrote:
TGW wrote:

Not a one.

Westbrook isn't a star. He has the label because of what he did four years ago, but he's not in demand anymore. So giving him any say in any decisions is foolish...unless your a mom 'n pop organization like the Wizards.

He’s a first-ballot Hall of Famer.

Star.

Perhaps no longer a top-tier star. But a star nonetheless.

Now, as to the idea that stars are held accountable in the NBA — not a one is. Not a one.

Because coaches and GMs know they must bootlick. It’s reverse plantation-ism. No one talks about it, except perhaps in code — but we all know what time it is.

Read that NYer piece on Rich Paul. The brother got over. He broke the game. He thinks he won. And maybe, in a way, he has. But he’s also lost. We’ve all lost.

This AAU-ization of the league is a terrible thing. The Nets are an AAU team. But certain quarters of the leagues fans don’t care. They love the Fakers. They’re fun to watch, most definitely — but the team is total mercenaries. No real depth, no community ties, no roots. They’re the regular season version of Team Durant or Team Lebron. Which, again, certain quarters of the leagues fans don’t mind at all. They root for players, not teams. No allegiance to the franchise over the years. No feel for the history.

That’s why I want Utah to win. Crush the Rich Pauls, the Lebrons, the AAUers. A team. A real team. Connected to a place. A fan base with a complicated past, that has known disappointments. That shxt matters.

If it doesn’t, let the Rich Pauls start their AAU pro league. Players playing for themselves. Without pasts. Absent history.

I’ll never watch. Even if the hoop is great.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#87 » by Ruzious » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:34 pm

It was soulless perfection by Durant last night. As brilliant as his play was, I got the impression he didn't enjoy a second of the game.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
daSwami
Assistant Coach
And1: 547

Post#88 » by daSwami » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:46 pm

Brooks is out!
:banghead:
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#89 » by queridiculo » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:08 pm

montestewart wrote:

Because Wizards.

He who seeks the advice of all the experts and patiently deliberates is lost.

If Terd doesn't have mechanisms in place to fire and quickly replace, Terd is just scared to make a move.

I don't wish this on anyone, but the Wizards' best hope may be the same as the best hope under Pollin: death of owner, team sold. I think you automatically get a #1 pick when that happens.

I think about this... a lot, but you said it.

Who's going to hell first?
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#90 » by payitforward » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:15 pm

Damn! Cold! Maybe he can just wake up instead? Learn something?
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#91 » by montestewart » Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:05 pm

payitforward wrote:Damn! Cold! Maybe he can just wake up instead? Learn something?

Hmmm. Does option #2 come with a number one pick?
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#92 » by WallToWall » Sat Jul 10, 2021 8:41 pm

closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,527

Post#93 » by closg00 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:03 pm

Brooks is a Blazer now

Return to Washington Wizards