The Official Kyle Kuzma Thread

Moderators: montestewart, nate33, LyricalRico

Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 10,937

Re: The Official Kyle Kuzma Thread 

Post#161 » by Ruzious » Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:49 pm

He'll make it 10 straight real good games tonight. But then, the truth will be in the pudding, because the next 11 games after tonight are against quality teams. It's how he does in those games that will tell if he's really the same old Kuz.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,260

Post#162 » by tontoz » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:49 pm

Ruzious wrote:He'll make it 10 straight real good games tonight. But then, the truth will be in the pudding, because the next 11 games after tonight are against quality teams. It's how he does in those games that will tell if he's really the same old Kuz.

It is a little bizarre because in Dec he averaged 13/6 with a TS of 50%. This month he is averaging 26/12 with a TS of 63%.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#163 » by Ruzious » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:58 pm

tontoz wrote:
Ruzious wrote:He'll make it 10 straight real good games tonight. But then, the truth will be in the pudding, because the next 11 games after tonight are against quality teams. It's how he does in those games that will tell if he's really the same old Kuz.

It is a little bizarre because in Dec he averaged 13/6 with a TS of 50%. This month he is averaging 26/12 with a TS of 63%.

I really hope he's turned a corner, but I suspect those December numbers will be more like what he gets after the Portland game. Kuz, prove Ruz wrong.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 3,414

Post#164 » by doclinkin » Yesterday 3:01 am

Boat anchor Boat Anchor BOAT ANCHOR

BOAT ANCHOR

How's that boat anchor feel Embiid.
badinage
Pro Prospect
And1: 335

Post#165 » by badinage » Yesterday 4:44 am

Why can’t we be optimistic about players — optimistic, hopeful, even giddy? Even if they’re not superstars. Or stars. Or PER stars.

Optimistic, hopeful, giddy … until we are given reason to think that we’re TOTALLY deluding ourselves. If we’re only partially deluding ourselves, that’s fine. That’s what sports is. That’s what life is.

I like Kuz. I’m believing. It’s fun.
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 2,998

Post#166 » by DCZards » Yesterday 2:06 pm

badinage wrote:Why can’t we be optimistic about players — optimistic, hopeful, even giddy? Even if they’re not superstars. Or stars. Or PER stars.

Optimistic, hopeful, giddy … until we are given reason to think that we’re TOTALLY deluding ourselves. If we’re only partially deluding ourselves, that’s fine. That’s what sports is. That’s what life is.

I think most here are coming around to being optimistic about Kuz. We’re halfway through the season and Kuz continues on an upward trajectory as far as his play is concerned.

Looks to me that getting out of LA and going from, at best, the third forward behind Lebron and AD, to the #1 scoring option at forward on the Zards has really supercharged his confidence.
Dark Faze
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,782

Post#167 » by Dark Faze » Yesterday 2:25 pm

I think Kuz is an average scorer. He's a little below average on TS (55% last two years) for his position, with an above average usage. Given how good of a rebounder he is, and the fact that he competes defensively, I'd consider him a net positive player. The question is really about contract.

Luckily we have some time. We'll have a much better picture of what the team will be moving forward heading into next years trade deadline.
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#168 » by Ruzious » Yesterday 2:27 pm

DCZards wrote:
badinage wrote:Why can’t we be optimistic about players — optimistic, hopeful, even giddy? Even if they’re not superstars. Or stars. Or PER stars.

I think most here are coming around to being
optimistic about Kuz. We’re halfway through the season and Kuz continues on an upward trajectory as far as his play is concerned.

Looks to me that getting out of LA and going from, at best, the third forward behind Lebron and AD, to the #1 scoring option at forward on the Zards has really supercharged his confidence.

He does appear to be extremely relaxed out there.

And it's not just his scoring; his defense and rebounding seem to have also taken major upticks. These next 10 games - against very good teams - should tell us if it's temporary.

Return to Washington Wizards