ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread - Part XLII

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Re: Official Trade Thread - Part XLII 

Post#1081 » by payitforward » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:41 pm

The only way I could stomach a trade for Grant would be if Bertans went in the trade -- & it didn't cost us either a young player or a pick.

I don't see how that's possible, unfortunately.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,890

Post#1082 » by TGW » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:43 pm

If I were another GM and had to evaluate Rui, I wouldn't give up anything of significant value for him. He hasn't played well in his short stint, and he hasn't been very good in his first couple of seasons. Maybe some playoff contender is willing to give up a late round pick for him, but not much else.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,158

Post#1083 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:05 pm

Am I the only one starting to think the best bet would be to trade high on Kuzma as he's been playing much better? I was just looking over on HoopsHype and realized that his third year of his deal is a player option (I had thought it was guaranteed). He'll be 28 when he can opt for a new contract and while he's been much more consistent lately, I don't quite have faith in it. If he continues to play well, he may be able to really fetch something being that he'd at least be locked up for another year on his affordable contract.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,315

Post#1084 » by NatP4 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:48 pm

CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:Am I the only one starting to think the best bet would be to trade high on Kuzma as he's been playing much better? I was just looking over on HoopsHype and realized that his third year of his deal is a player option (I had thought it was guaranteed). He'll be 28 when he can opt for a new contract and while he's been much more consistent lately, I don't quite have faith in it. If he continues to play well, he may be able to really fetch something being that he'd at least be locked up for another year on his affordable contract.

Yes absolutely. Kuzma is a bad player on a hot streak. The rest of the league thinks he’s good at basketball. It would be much smarter to move him and give Rui every chance to develop.

Kuzma for Derrick White makes all the sense in the world. Gives us a quality guard that can play the 1 or 2 and someone that actually plays defense.
deneem4
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,255

Post#1085 » by deneem4 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:16 am

NatP4 wrote:
CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:Am I the only one starting to think the best bet would be to trade high on Kuzma as he's been playing much better? I was just looking over on HoopsHype and realized that his third year of his deal is a player option (I had thought it was guaranteed). He'll be 28 when he can opt for a new contract and while he's been much more consistent lately, I don't quite have faith in it. If he continues to play well, he may be able to really fetch something being that he'd at least be locked up for another year on his affordable contract.

Yes absolutely. Kuzma is a bad player on a hot streak. The rest of the league thinks he’s good at basketball. It would be much smarter to move him and give Rui every chance to develop.

Kuzma for Derrick White makes all the sense in the world. Gives us a quality guard that can play the 1 or 2 and someone that actually plays defense.

Kuzma 26 playing on his first team without lebron
He’s currently the clutchest player in the league by far….
He has a cheap contract as of now can play 2-5 and you want to trade him for Derrick white?
Pay your beals....or its lights out!!!
Bron, Bosh, Wade is like Mike, Hakeem, barkley...3 top 5 picks from same draft
mike, hakeem and Barkley on the same team!!!!
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#1086 » by gambitx777 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:59 am

I don't think trading Kuz right now is a good idea. He's becoming very good. He's 26 and on a team friendly deal. I'd hold onto him.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,932

Post#1087 » by Frichuela » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:59 pm

For this franchise to move forward, we need to move Beal. However, we all know their stance. So unfortunately and depressingly, our only chance is if Beal asks for a trade. And in this scenario, or the possible suitors, Jaylen Brown is the best possible get…that would satisfy Terd’s thirst for “competing for the playoffs”.
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach
And1: 898

Post#1088 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:30 pm

Frichuela wrote:For this franchise to move forward, we need to move Beal. However, we all know their stance. So unfortunately and depressingly, our only chance is if Beal asks for a trade. And in this scenario, or the possible suitors, Jaylen Brown is the best possible get…that would satisfy Terd’s thirst for “competing for the playoffs”.

Any chance Brad being held out for "safety protocols" is because he's being dealt?
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,334

Post#1089 » by nate33 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:35 pm

The Wizards are now in 10th place and 0.5 games out of 11th place. Going by SRS (point differential adjusted by strength of schedule), the Wizards are the 13th best team in the conference, ahead of only Orlando and Detroit.

Gotta root for losses at this point. If we are a good 2-3 games behind the 10th seed at the Trade Deadline, will Ted give the okay to trade Beal? Will Beal request a trade?
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,572

Post#1090 » by pcbothwel » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:07 pm

nate33 wrote:The Wizards are now in 10th place and 0.5 games out of 11th place. Going by SRS (point differential adjusted by strength of schedule), the Wizards are the 13th best team in the conference, ahead of only Orlando and Detroit.

Gotta root for losses at this point. If we are a good 2-3 games behind the 10th seed at the Trade Deadline, will Ted give the okay to trade Beal? Will Beal request a trade?

That’s what I think Sheppard was alluding to when he mentions transparency with Beal.
Basically saying “we’ve been very clear that we want to build around Beal and have offered to pay him the most money at the soonest time possible. In exchange he will be transparent with us about wanting to be elsewhere”

I think going 3-8 seems like the most likely scenario and puts us in a real bind. We’ll see what happens then.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Dolevi
Senior
And1: 402

Post#1091 » by Dolevi » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:00 pm

If Wizards won't do a trade on their Forwards, it's a shame.
I don't even talk about the Neto's and PG's problem.
You have too many guys eating from the cake, the ego rises up and players really play just for their own survival on the team, instead of just doing the right thing in order to win. This situation in the team isn't healthy. Trades are neccesary.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,008

Post#1092 » by dckingsfan » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:29 pm

gambitx777 wrote:I don't think trading Kuz right now is a good idea. He's becoming very good. He's 26 and on a team friendly deal. I'd hold onto him.

Opinion:

Players to move to a contender ASAP (making the assumption :D that you will get back reasonable assets):
Beal, Harrell

Players to move if you have a chance but unlikely or won't net you much:
Neto, Holiday, Bertans

Players to hold:
Kuzma, Dinwiddie, KCP, Hachimura, Avdija, Kispert, Gafford, Bryant and Todd.

Lastly, hold all draft picks - don't give up a draft pick to move Bertans for example.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant

Post#1093 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:29 pm

deneem4 wrote:
NatP4 wrote:

Kuzma 26 playing on his first team without lebron
He’s currently the clutchest player in the league by far….
He has a cheap contract as of now can play 2-5 and you want to trade him for Derrick white?

He can play the two and five in spot minutes, clutch isn’t going to last forever, and the contract is only next year then player option. Do you like the prospect of Beal and Kuzma being the two highest players on the roster? I sure the hell don’t hence selling high while he looks real good to a legit playoff team.

He’s playing better lately, I just don’t think he’s going to sustain it. I could be wrong.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant

Post#1094 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:35 pm

nate33 wrote:The Wizards are now in 10th place and 0.5 games out of 11th place. Going by SRS (point differential adjusted by strength of schedule), the Wizards are the 13th best team in the conference, ahead of only Orlando and Detroit.

That faithful stretch is coming up, and we gave ourselves less cushion with Portland basically being a must win game given upcoming games.
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,679

Post#1095 » by penbeast0 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:58 am

With all due respect, no one seems interested in Harrell given his contract status and how he was used in the playoffs by the Lakers. He seems to me to have the biggest positive disparity between actual production and potential trade value on the team; keep him and try to resign him unless someone blows you away with an offer.

On the opposite end is Kuzma who is being paid like a productive starter, given minutes like a productive starter, and inconsistently even plays like a productive starter. I think his contract is pretty much attuned to his value and I'd move him if I could generate a decent return. I'd rather give his minutes to Harrell (if Bryant can play next to him), rehabbing Hachimura and Bertans, and developing Avdija and Todd. I'd trade him regardless of what we do with Beal; most other decisions follow from the Beal decision. I feel similarly about KCP but don't think his value is as high and his skill set is less dupicative on this roster so not as eager to move him.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#1096 » by WallToWall » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:33 pm

Why not make a run at DeAaron Fox?
Fox + Queta + Louis King FOR Bertans + Neto + Holiday + Todd +Gill + 2026 Rnd 2 + 2027 Rnd 1.
Kings get ~ $9M in expiring, and Bertans deal is 1 year shorter than Fox. Neto + Todd + Gill fall into a $5M trade exception. 1st and 2nd rnd pick to boot.
We get a pass first PG, slasher. His 3pt percentage is low for this year, but based on previous years, he is capable of > 30% on 3ptrs. Fox may work well with both Din and Beal. If it doesnt work out, then having Fox could soften the loss when we trade Beal and/or Din.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#1097 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:59 pm

penbeast0 wrote:With all due respect, no one seems interested in Harrell given his contract status and how he was used in the playoffs by the Lakers. He seems to me to have the biggest positive disparity between actual production and potential trade value on the team; keep him and try to resign him unless someone blows you away with an offer.

On the opposite end is Kuzma who is being paid like a productive starter, given minutes like a productive starter, and inconsistently even plays like a productive starter. I think his contract is pretty much attuned to his value and I'd move him if I could generate a decent return. I'd rather give his minutes to Harrell (if Bryant can play next to him), rehabbing Hachimura and Bertans, and developing Avdija and Todd. I'd trade him regardless of what we do with Beal; most other decisions follow from the Beal decision. I feel similarly about KCP but don't think his value is as high and his skill set is less dupicative on this roster so not as eager to move him.

I absolutely want us to keep Trez and Gafford.

To me, given his defensive shortcomings and lack of a post game, Bryant is the odd man out.

You can either get a cheap third big of the stretch variety (think Muscala) or a cheap third big of the give fouls variety (think Len)... or draft a 2nd round project like Queta and hope you hit it large.
In Rizzo we trust
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,932

Post#1098 » by Frichuela » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:25 pm

Thought of the day: any trade that gets rid of Raul “Liability” Neto is a good trade.

Tommy needs to do something or else this idiotic coaching staff is gonna keep playing him for extended periods (like 23 minutes today vs PHI).
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,745

Post#1099 » by eminence » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:00 pm

A) Is Avdija really out of the rotation or was today a fluke?

B) If he is, what's the price where you start to consider moving him?
I bought a boat.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1100 » by Ruzious » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:36 pm

eminence wrote:A) Is Avdija really out of the rotation or was today a fluke?

B) If he is, what's the price where you start to consider moving him?

Well, at least he's ahead of Bertans. If nobody gets injured or traded, Deni's going to have a tough time getting major minutes. It'll take a lot for Sacramento to give up either Hali or Mitchell. I'd still love to get Hali - I think he'd be ideal next to Beal and can also play with Dinwiddie. But it would take more than Deni to get him. And that might be embarrassing, because our GM picked Deni over Hali.

As much as I like Bryant, we're not keeping both Bryant and Trez - it's 1 or the other, so... I think it makes sense to trade Deni and Bryant for Hali and Tristan Thompson - who's contract expires. And Thompson can actually play a little if he's needed this season. Sacramento's 18-28 - going nowhere as usual. Bryant can split time at center with Holmes - they'd be a dynamic combo. Not that Washington is going anywhere this season, but they're trying to make the appearance that they are. And ya never know - if they survive the next 10 games, they could surprise. Sac has Fox, Mitchell, and Hield - really don't need Hali.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to Washington Wizards