ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread - Part XLII

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

WallStar
Junior
And1: 192

Re: Official Trade Thread - Part XLII 

Post#461 » by WallStar » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:58 am

Thoughts on Kemba getting ousted in New York, and the probability of landing here? I think he'd help with pace and outside shooting. Not sure what it would take to get him though.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#462 » by pcbothwel » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:46 pm

WallStar wrote:Thoughts on Kemba getting ousted in New York, and the probability of landing here? I think he'd help with pace and outside shooting. Not sure what it would take to get him though.

Like IT, he simply cant be efficient at a high enough usage to overcome him being a sieve on defense.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#463 » by gambitx777 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:49 pm

WallStar wrote:Thoughts on Kemba getting ousted in New York, and the probability of landing here? I think he'd help with pace and outside shooting. Not sure what it would take to get him though.
Why would we want kemba ?

I mean bertans fills a shooting need for them but that's a lot of money to take on for them

I'd do kemba and lox for bertans and cash plus a future second or something

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Post#464 » by payitforward » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:15 pm

nate33 wrote:At some point, the sheer quantity of OKC picks, coupled with the practical limits on roster size and capacity for player development, is going to force OKC to make some quantity for quality pick trades where they'll probably have to give up more than fair value. Ideally, we are at the other end of such a trade.

May it be so. But, I wouldn't say OKC is likely "to give up more than fair value." If Presti anticipated that he'd be unlikely to acquire all those extra picks.

Then again, smart guy that he is, he probably acquired most of them at less than fair value! :)
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#465 » by JWizmentality » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:16 pm

I have an unreasonable hope that Tommy is taking calls on Beal. Is Simmons still on the table?
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#466 » by gambitx777 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:28 pm

JWizmentality wrote:I have an unreasonable hope that Tommy is taking calls on Beal. Is Simmons still on the table?
I've been shouting this from the roof tops for how long, but I'll say it again. SIMMONS IS FOOLS GOLD. He's that carburator your. Cousin rebuilt and says is as good as new and totally worth 300 buck and 3 months later you're walking to the AutoZone to buy an new one. He is immature, he's never going to improve, he's a problem, and he's not as good as the issues he brings. You don't trade a loyal, quality star in Beal for a problem child. No I'm not saying I wanna super max Beal. But we don't want any parts of Simmons.

FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#467 » by FAH1223 » Wed Dec 1, 2021 12:44 am

Read on Twitter
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#468 » by JWizmentality » Wed Dec 1, 2021 5:15 am

gambitx777 wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:I have an unreasonable hope that Tommy is taking calls on Beal. Is Simmons still on the table?
I've been shouting this from the roof tops for how long, but I'll say it again. SIMMONS IS FOOLS GOLD. He's that carburator your. Cousin rebuilt and says is as good as new and totally worth 300 buck and 3 months later you're walking to the AutoZone to buy an new one. He is immature, he's never going to improve, he's a problem, and he's not as good as the issues he brings. You don't trade a loyal, quality star in Beal for a problem child. No I'm not saying I wanna super max Beal. But we don't want any parts of Simmons.

I'm no fan of Simmons either, believe me. Lol.
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#469 » by LAL1947 » Wed Dec 1, 2021 8:26 am

IMO, the Wiz should explore a trade for Jerami Grant. He's at an age that fits perfectly with Beal, Dinwiddie, KCP, Harrell, etc. Deni is a nice young player but he is still developing and not on the same time-line as your main guys. The Pistons might even be open to taking on Bertans' contract as they rebuild, and Avdija would have the time/space to better develop his game too.

Jerami Grant for Bertans + Avdija (or Rui) + 2022 1st.

PG: Dinwiddie, Holiday
SG: Beal, KCP
SF: Jerami, Kuzma/Kispert
PF: Kuzma, Rui/Trez
CE: Gafford, Trez/Bryant

No true 2nd star but there's a good amount of talent, athleticism and length overall. I think this team is good enough to upset anyone who doesn't bring it in the playoffs... which is a nice opportunity the Wiz haven't had in a long time.

Pistons: Cade, New SG, Bey, Deni/Stewart, New Center.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#470 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Dec 1, 2021 10:12 am

This is the guy the Wizards should be looking at....next post
Bye bye Beal.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#471 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Dec 1, 2021 10:13 am

gambitx777 wrote:

Read on Twitter

This is the guy the Wizards should be looking at.

Crazy as it sounds I would entertain taking John wall back if Christian Wood was part of the deal.

So you know I would include Bradley and Davis and whatever makes it work in cap space... But that is so far fetched I know it would never happen
Bye bye Beal.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant

Post#472 » by pcbothwel » Wed Dec 1, 2021 2:25 pm

Sorry, but not interested in Wood for what he would cost.
I have issues with his defense and his overall effect there, but his offense is concerning. Since his breakout two years ago with Detroit, Wood has regressed and its clear why.
He converts at the rim at a 75-80% rate and can hit the 3 in the ~35% range, but his in between game looks awful. He's gone from a 64% 2p% to a 54% 2pt% in large part because he only shoots ~24% outside of 3 feet. That is alarming, and I really dont see him as that big of an upgrade over our current big rotation.
Im sure some contender in need of a Big (GSW) would be willing to give up a decent haul for him, but it should not be us.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,304

Post#473 » by nate33 » Wed Dec 1, 2021 2:38 pm

LAL1947 wrote:IMO, the Wiz should explore a trade for Jerami Grant. He's at an age that fits perfectly with Beal, Dinwiddie, KCP, Harrell, etc. Deni is a nice young player but he is still developing and not on the same time-line as your main guys. The Pistons might even be open to taking on Bertans' contract as they rebuild, and Avdija would have the time/space to better develop his game too.

No true 2nd star but there's a good amount of talent, athleticism and length overall. I think this team is good enough to upset anyone who doesn't bring it in the playoffs... which is a nice opportunity the Wiz haven't had in a long time.

Jerami Grant's briefly successful run as a number 1 option during the first half of last season has wildly inflated his reputation. The fact is, his numbers came back down to Earth in a hurry and he is now a pretty inefficient chucker getting paid $20M a year. I don't think he has positive value at all, so trading for him would be pretty difficult unless Detroit also sees him as a negative contract.

I sure as hell wouldn't send Avdija or Rui AND a first for him. That's outrageous.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,927

Post#474 » by Frichuela » Wed Dec 1, 2021 3:11 pm

nate33 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:IMO, the Wiz should explore a trade for Jerami Grant. He's at an age that fits perfectly with Beal, Dinwiddie, KCP, Harrell, etc. Deni is a nice young player but he is still developing and not on the same time-line as your main guys. The Pistons might even be open to taking on Bertans' contract as they rebuild, and Avdija would have the time/space to better develop his game too.

Jerami Grant's briefly successful run as a number 1 option during the first half of last season has wildly inflated his reputation. The fact is, his numbers came back down to Earth in a hurry and he is now a pretty inefficient chucker getting paid $20M a year. I don't think he has positive value at all, so trading for him would be pretty difficult unless Detroit also sees him as a negative contract.

I sure as hell wouldn't send Avdija or Rui AND a first for him. That's outrageous.

100% in agreement. I rather keep developing Deni than getting Grant, fools gold.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant

Post#475 » by pcbothwel » Wed Dec 1, 2021 3:32 pm

We should just call SAC and offer Kuz + Rui for Haliburton, Bagley, Queta.

SAC has too many bigs and guards, and not enough versatile wings. So we send them two and get our 3rd guard. Rui would obviously have to come back and show some solid production, but you get the gist.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,927

Post#476 » by Frichuela » Wed Dec 1, 2021 3:40 pm

pcbothwel wrote:We should just call SAC and offer Kuz + Rui for Haliburton, Bagley, Queta.

SAC has too many bigs and guards, and not enough versatile wings. So we send them two and get our 3rd guard. Rui would obviously have to come back and show some solid production, but you get the gist.

Haliburton would be a dream but realistically SAC ain't giving him up for that package. Not even for Beal I would think..
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,050

Post#477 » by queridiculo » Wed Dec 1, 2021 3:41 pm

nate33 wrote:

Agreed on Grant, he's really just a guy on offense, but I like his flexibility on defense and that's where I really like the idea of plugging him into the Wizards starting lineup as a small forward.

Not a chance I'd send a draft pick straight up, but if I could parlay Hachimura + Bertans + 1st into Grant I'd have to think long and hard about whether that's not a worthwhile consideration.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#478 » by nate33 » Wed Dec 1, 2021 3:43 pm

pcbothwel wrote:We should just call SAC and offer Kuz + Rui for Haliburton, Bagley, Queta.

I'm not thrilled about giving up BOTH Rui and Kuzma. We need one of them.

I'd just go for Rui for Haliburton straight up, and then see if extra incentive was needed. (We could expand the trade to involve Bryant or perhaps Kispert if need be. But I would just give them away.)

I really like the idea of a 3-guard rotation of Dinwiddie, Beal and Haliburton, plus a 3-forward rotation of KCP, Avdija, Kuzma, with one sharpshooter in reserve (Kispert or Bertans). Gafford and Harrell man the paint.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#479 » by nate33 » Wed Dec 1, 2021 3:45 pm

queridiculo wrote:
nate33 wrote:

Agreed on Grant, he's really just a guy on offense, but I like his flexibility on defense and that's where I really like the idea of plugging him into the Wizards starting lineup as a small forward.

Not a chance I'd send a draft pick straight up, but if I could parlay Hachimura + Bertans + 1st into Grant I'd have to think long and hard about whether that's not a worthwhile consideration.

Not when Grant costs $21M next year and is an UFA the year after. You just gave up a 1st and a cost-controlled asset in Hachimura for the right to rent an average SF for $21M for just 1 year.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,050

Post#480 » by queridiculo » Wed Dec 1, 2021 3:46 pm

nate33 wrote:
queridiculo wrote:
nate33 wrote:Jerami Grant's briefly successful run as a number 1 option during the first half of last season has wildly inflated his reputation. The fact is, his numbers came back down to Earth in a hurry and he is now a pretty inefficient chucker getting paid $20M a year. I don't think he has positive value at all, so trading for him would be pretty difficult unless Detroit also sees him as a negative contract.

Not when Grant costs $21M next year and is an UFA the year after. You just gave up a 1st and a cost-controlled asset in Hachimura for the right to rent an average SF for $21M for just 1 year.

Hachimura will be a UFA just like Grant, I'd look at it as a first for purging Bertans deal at worst.

It's all moot though, I'd prefer to see Rui playing meaningful minutes under this staff before involving him in any transaction.

Return to Washington Wizards