ImageImageImageImageImage

GT #17: Hornets @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/980 AM) [11/22/21]

Moderators: nate33, LyricalRico, montestewart

YOUR WINNER...

Michael Jordan's current ownership stake
1
17%
Michael Jordan's past small minority ownership stake
5
83%
 
Total votes: 6

dlts20
RealGM
Posts: 11,652
And1: 5,194
Joined: Dec 14, 2006

Re: GT #17: Hornets @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/980 AM) [11/22/21] 

Post#121 » by dlts20 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:52 am

I haven't watched much of the last couple of games but Spencer doesn't look fully recovered. However, I have one big issue with Unseld regarding Spencer. I'm a huge believer in consistency from your main guys. I think that it's horrible horrible horrible to keep benching Spencer at the 6min mark. I just don't believe that a main starter can find a consistent rhythm that way. I get wanting to have him or Beal on the court at all times but a lot of teams do that and they still don't sit a guy in 6min.

Mostly every team goes down to 3min. At least do 4.5min. I truly think that it's hurting his rhythm and that he starts thinking about getting pulled after 3 or 4min. We paid him a lot of money. They had a few interactions earlier in the season because he did not want to come out and I agree with him
User avatar
J-Ves
Veteran
Posts: 2,649
And1: 1,008
Joined: May 16, 2012
 

Re: GT #17: Hornets @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/980 AM) [11/22/21] 

Post#122 » by J-Ves » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:58 am

80sballboy wrote:How the hell do you lose a game pretty badly when this happens.
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I'm not sure where he's getting his numbers, but the espn box score I'm looking at has the boards at 65 to 36 in favor of the Wiz
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 27,378
And1: 1,853
Joined: Jul 25, 2005
Location: Baltimore, MD
     

Re: GT #17: Hornets @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/980 AM) [11/22/21] 

Post#123 » by miller31time » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:00 am

CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:
miller31time wrote:Starting to wonder if Beal’s off-season price tag is going down. Is this a prolonged bad stretch or is this the Beal we’re getting this year?

Dinwiddie is an anomaly. He can get to the rim when he wants but chooses….not to.

WUJ needs to end his love fest with Holiday.

Trez needs to be signed to a 20-year deal.

Deni needs more PT.

Gafford needs to put on about 30 pounds of muscle.

Shame we wasted KCP’s “making shots” game. I really like those.


Bruh he was 4 for 10 and 2 for 6 from three. Not awful, but if that constitutes his "making shot" game, yikes. Only plus tonight is he didn't try to do too much when he got the ball.


Compared to his usual 0fer self, yeah, this is a making shots game.
80sballboy
RealGM
Posts: 20,613
And1: 4,337
Joined: Jul 15, 2006
       

Re: GT #17: Hornets @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/980 AM) [11/22/21] 

Post#124 » by 80sballboy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:15 am

J-Ves wrote:
80sballboy wrote:How the hell do you lose a game pretty badly when this happens.
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I'm not sure where he's getting his numbers, but the espn box score I'm looking at has the boards at 65 to 36 in favor of the Wiz


ESPN is not always right and I assume he's at the arena getting the official stats, but even if it's +29 on the board, how the hell do you lose that game?
80sballboy
RealGM
Posts: 20,613
And1: 4,337
Joined: Jul 15, 2006
       

Re: GT #17: Hornets @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/980 AM) [11/22/21] 

Post#125 » by 80sballboy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:17 am

dlts20 wrote:I haven't watched much of the last couple of games but Spencer doesn't look fully recovered. However, I have one big issue with Unseld regarding Spencer. I'm a huge believer in consistency from your main guys. I think that it's horrible horrible horrible to keep benching Spencer at the 6min mark. I just don't believe that a main starter can find a consistent rhythm that way. I get wanting to have him or Beal on the court at all times but a lot of teams do that and they still don't sit a guy in 6min.

Mostly every team goes down to 3min. At least do 4.5min. I truly think that it's hurting his rhythm and that he starts thinking about getting pulled after 3 or 4min. We paid him a lot of money. They had a few interactions earlier in the season because he did not want to come out and I agree with him


I agree to a point, because HolliNeto are so bad and it's possible that Spence is still on some kind of minutes restriction.
User avatar
J-Ves
Veteran
Posts: 2,649
And1: 1,008
Joined: May 16, 2012
 

Re: GT #17: Hornets @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/980 AM) [11/22/21] 

Post#126 » by J-Ves » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:22 am

80sballboy wrote:
J-Ves wrote:
80sballboy wrote:How the hell do you lose a game pretty badly when this happens.
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I'm not sure where he's getting his numbers, but the espn box score I'm looking at has the boards at 65 to 36 in favor of the Wiz


ESPN is not always right and I assume he's at the arena getting the official stats, but even if it's +29 on the board, how the hell do you lose that game?

Idk man. Seems like a statistical oddity. I'm sure one of the stat nerds out there can tell us how unlikely this loss was.
dckingsfan
RealGM
Posts: 24,665
And1: 11,148
Joined: May 28, 2010

Re: GT #17: Hornets @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/980 AM) [11/22/21] 

Post#127 » by dckingsfan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:40 am

80sballboy wrote:
J-Ves wrote:
80sballboy wrote:How the hell do you lose a game pretty badly when this happens.
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I'm not sure where he's getting his numbers, but the espn box score I'm looking at has the boards at 65 to 36 in favor of the Wiz


ESPN is not always right and I assume he's at the arena getting the official stats, but even if it's +29 on the board, how the hell do you lose that game?

Total shots were close 91 to 93. It didn't translate into more possessions.
dckingsfan
RealGM
Posts: 24,665
And1: 11,148
Joined: May 28, 2010

Re: GT #17: Hornets @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/980 AM) [11/22/21] 

Post#128 » by dckingsfan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:44 am

80sballboy wrote:
dlts20 wrote:I haven't watched much of the last couple of games but Spencer doesn't look fully recovered. However, I have one big issue with Unseld regarding Spencer. I'm a huge believer in consistency from your main guys. I think that it's horrible horrible horrible to keep benching Spencer at the 6min mark. I just don't believe that a main starter can find a consistent rhythm that way. I get wanting to have him or Beal on the court at all times but a lot of teams do that and they still don't sit a guy in 6min.

Mostly every team goes down to 3min. At least do 4.5min. I truly think that it's hurting his rhythm and that he starts thinking about getting pulled after 3 or 4min. We paid him a lot of money. They had a few interactions earlier in the season because he did not want to come out and I agree with him

I agree to a point, because HolliNeto are so bad and it's possible that Spence is still on some kind of minutes restriction.

I like Wes a lot as a coach. I like that we now play D. But he is committing coachiside by playing HolliNeto when he has talented forwards. Except in very unusual circumstances, for this team he should never have more than two guards on the floor, IMO.

Having said all that - in Wes we trust.
User avatar
gambitx777
Head Coach
Posts: 6,637
And1: 950
Joined: Dec 18, 2012

Re: GT #17: Hornets @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/980 AM) [11/22/21] 

Post#129 » by gambitx777 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:57 am

Bad shooting night It happens


Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
User avatar
zero2hero
Senior
Posts: 590
And1: 439
Joined: Jan 06, 2011
         

Re: GT #17: Hornets @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/980 AM) [11/22/21] 

Post#130 » by zero2hero » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:20 am

Not a big loss. Charlotte hit some tough shots down the stretch, we survived a lot of learning mistakes from our young guys like Kuz. Hopefully the return of Rui will force him to dial it in more. Overall I'm not concerned. If it makes sense I'll still take our win over Miami as a better indicator of this team than our loss against the Hornets
User avatar
zero2hero
Senior
Posts: 590
And1: 439
Joined: Jan 06, 2011
         

Re: GT #17: Hornets @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/980 AM) [11/22/21] 

Post#131 » by zero2hero » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:23 am

Wizardspride wrote:Dinwiddie's play or lack thereof, is becoming a real issue.

He's slow, can't penetrate, finish or defend.


This isn't true in the slightest man. There's a reason why Spence is in our TO defensive package with a defensive minded coach. He's a very capable defender and a big guard.

As far as offensive capabilities, he knows how to put our guys in place and can hit the 3 ball when needed to - which is all we ever wanted to pair with Beal. I mean, do you think this style of play is more or less sustainable than our previous star guard?
JWizmentality
RealGM
Posts: 13,720
And1: 4,743
Joined: Nov 21, 2004
Location: Cosmic Totality
   

Re: GT #17: Hornets @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/980 AM) [11/22/21] 

Post#132 » by JWizmentality » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:25 pm

I for one am getting tired of seeing opposing SGs do to us what Brad is supposed to be doing. And for a lot cheaper too!!
Wizardspride
RealGM
Posts: 14,186
And1: 8,529
Joined: Nov 05, 2004
Location: Olney, MD/Kailua/Kaneohe, HI
       

Re: GT #17: Hornets @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/980 AM) [11/22/21] 

Post#133 » by Wizardspride » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:38 pm

zero2hero wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:Dinwiddie's play or lack thereof, is becoming a real issue.

He's slow, can't penetrate, finish or defend.


This isn't true in the slightest man. There's a reason why Spence is in our TO defensive package with a defensive minded coach. He's a very capable defender and a big guard.

As far as offensive capabilities, he knows how to put our guys in place and can hit the 3 ball when needed to - which is all we ever wanted to pair with Beal. I mean, do you think this style of play is more or less sustainable than our previous star guard?

What's not true in the slightest?


1.) So far he's shown no ability to consistently beat his man off the dribble.

2.)He's slow/methodical which is in part, why our fastbreak points have plummeted.

3.) The few times he does get to the basket he seems to lack the ability to finish. Hopefully, that changes.

4.) I will give you this: He's solid at defending in the post due to his size

And as for just needing a guard to hit the three and direct traffic occasionally, is that really a 20m dollar player?

Fwiw, I don't think he's horrible player.

He's just more limited (so far) than I anticipated.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
Posts: 14,078
And1: 7,143
Joined: Feb 25, 2009

Re: GT #17: Hornets @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/980 AM) [11/22/21] 

Post#134 » by montestewart » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:33 pm

dckingsfan wrote:coachiside

You make that up? Add to the glossary. I would spell it Coachicide. "Coachicide is painful. It makes Wiz fans disdainful."

Wizards need to use their front court glut to get a good PG or combo guard. Maybe have Dinwiddie as the combo guard, he's big enough to cover both positions. I like Neto's contributions to the Wizards, but they just expect too much from him and Holiday, who are 4.5th guards.
User avatar
FAH1223
RealGM
Posts: 12,568
And1: 5,012
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: GT #17: Hornets @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/980 AM) [11/22/21] 

Post#135 » by FAH1223 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:12 pm

Image
dckingsfan
RealGM
Posts: 24,665
And1: 11,148
Joined: May 28, 2010

Re: GT #17: Hornets @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/980 AM) [11/22/21] 

Post#136 » by dckingsfan » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:16 pm

montestewart wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:coachiside

You make that up? Add to the glossary. I would spell it Coachicide. "Coachicide is painful. It makes Wiz fans disdainful."

Wizards need to use their front court glut to get a good PG or combo guard. Maybe have Dinwiddie as the combo guard, he's big enough to cover both positions. I like Neto's contributions to the Wizards, but they just expect too much from him and Holiday, who are 4.5th guards.

Coachicide it is... go big (literally) or go home :D

I am fine with leaving Dinwiddie at the point and having backup minutes go to NetoHoliday. But that is it... putting either at the SG position puts a stressor on both the offense and defense. You have talent at the wing, use it.

And count me in on the trade to upgrade the backup guard position.
User avatar
tontoz
RealGM
Posts: 17,664
And1: 3,167
Joined: Apr 11, 2005

Re: GT #17: Hornets @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/980 AM) [11/22/21] 

Post#137 » by tontoz » Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:26 pm

Harrell has been so good that he is making the offense look a lot better than it is. If he gets hurt our offense will be in trouble.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
dobrojim
RealGM
Posts: 14,350
And1: 2,232
Joined: Sep 16, 2004

Re: GT #17: Hornets @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/980 AM) [11/22/21] 

Post#138 » by dobrojim » Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:17 pm

Disappointing loss mostly because it was a home loss to a div opp.
We came very close, again, to stealing this game at the end when
Trez rebounded that miss but the ball got knocked loose.
If he secures the ball, we have a decent chance to tie or win
on the final possession.

I do have concerns about our offense not generating great shots
when we are not in transition after a defensive stop. And the seemingly
careless TOs. There does seem to be some lack of familiarity between
the players that is contributing to excessive unforced TOs.

One other strategic note or criticism, we should have tried to
attack Rozier especially in the first half when he was playing with
3 fouls. And I wonder if or how well Deni would D up Ball.
Ball was having a little too much fun at our expense.

We'll have to see if Bertan's shooting stroke returns when he does.
We've clearly had too many bad 3 pt shooting nights. DB is being
paid to fill that need. Doesn't mean he will.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity
CobraCommander
RealGM
Posts: 13,035
And1: 5,578
Joined: May 01, 2014
       

Re: GT #17: Hornets @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/980 AM) [11/22/21] 

Post#139 » by CobraCommander » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:36 pm

miller31time wrote:Starting to wonder if Beal’s off-season price tag is going down. Is this a prolonged bad stretch or is this the Beal we’re getting this year?

Dinwiddie is an anomaly. He can get to the rim when he wants but chooses….not to.

WUJ needs to end his love fest with Holiday.

Trez needs to be signed to a 20-year deal.

Deni needs more PT.

Gafford needs to put on about 30 pounds of muscle.

Shame we wasted KCP’s “making shots” game. I really like those.


If Deni had 10% of Neto’s unreasonable confidence on offense coupled with his new found defensive prowess could Berhe second best player on team .....right after Trez
CobraCommander
RealGM
Posts: 13,035
And1: 5,578
Joined: May 01, 2014
       

Re: GT #17: Hornets @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/980 AM) [11/22/21] 

Post#140 » by CobraCommander » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:24 pm

FAH1223 wrote:

Wow Wes just interviewed for the coaching job again and yes I would hire him. Didn’t give anyone a pass including himself - plus articulated what they did and didn’t do well.

Return to Washington Wizards