ImageImageImageImageImage

The Amazingly Sucky Spencer Dinwiddie Thread

Moderators: nate33, LyricalRico, montestewart

FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 4,993

The Amazingly Sucky Spencer Dinwiddie Thread 

Post#1 » by FAH1223 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:46 am

Wizardspride wrote:Dinwiddie's play or lack thereof, is becoming a real issue.

He's slow, can't penetrate, finish or defend.

I wanna also add not playing well until the 4th quarter!
TGW
RealGM
And1: 4,363

Re: The Amazingly Sucky Spencer Dinwiddie Thread 

Post#2 » by TGW » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:59 am

I simply didn't understand the justification in giving him $20M/year given his injury history. I think what we're seeing is a player that is never going to be what he was pre-injury. Still a decent player, but not a guy you pay that type of coin for.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 4,993

Post#3 » by FAH1223 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:07 am

TGW wrote:I simply didn't understand the justification in giving him $20M/year given his injury history. I think what we're seeing is a player that is never going to be what he was pre-injury. Still a decent player, but not a guy you pay that type of coin for.

It’s actually less than that, it’s a 3 year $54M deal with incentives.

I don’t care about the contract. I care about the guy being invisible until some clutch situations.

He’s been effective when Beal has been out.
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 6,107

Post#4 » by penbeast0 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:16 am

Can't believe he's being ragged on so heavily. He's been better than expected with the highest efficiency on the team outside of our limited range dunkers (Harrell, Gafford, and Todd), has a 3/1 assist to turnover ratio and for me has been one of the bright spots on the team this year.

Yes, he defers to Beal, probably too much, and no, he's not a superstar, but we didn't sign him thinking he was. We signed him thinking he was a backup/rotation who could play at a starting spot in a position where we had no potential starter. He's seemed healthy and productive; I have no complaints about him. I save my whining for Kuzma playing the most minutes on the team, Rui not being in camp, and the officiating.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.

Return to Washington Wizards