ImageImageImageImageImage

GT #43: Blazers @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/106.7 FM) [1/15/22]

Moderators: montestewart, nate33, LyricalRico

Your Winner..

Shadow Blazers
1
50%
Fuller Bullets
1
50%
 
Total votes: 2

User avatar
FAH1223
RealGM
Posts: 12,953
And1: 5,207
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

GT #43: Blazers @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/106.7 FM) [1/15/22] 

Post#1 » by FAH1223 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:39 am

YOUR Washington Bullets are 22-20. Now 12-17 since the 10-3 start.

The Bullets have won 3 in a row. Does it FEEL like 3 in a row though? You all tell me.

For some Saturday night hoops they square with the short-handed squad from Rip City. The Blazers are without franchise superstar Damian Lillard who is undergoing surgery for his abdominal injury and will be sidelined indefinitely. CJ McCollum is recovering from a collapsed lung over the last 5 weeks. In some ways, this Blazers season looks to be a stealth tank season where Portland can potentially get high lottery pick to quickly retool this summer. If that sounds familiar, it's what Golden State did after their tanking season of 2019-20 which saw no Klay Thompson, Steph Curry sidelined for 77 games due to a wrist injury he recovered from by midseason, and Draymond Green being shut down midway through that campaign.

In recent games, Anfernee Simons has been a revelation for Portland. He's averaging 28 PPG, 8 APG over the last week and half of games. I wager to think he will go off on the Bullets. Other candidates: McLemore, Covington, Nurkic?

Can the Bullets beat these Blazers without their stars?

Image
-------------------------VS-------------------------
Image

Projected Lineups :

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Bench:

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage
Image
User avatar
FAH1223
RealGM
Posts: 12,953
And1: 5,207
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: GT #43: Blazers @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/106.7 FM) [1/15/22] 

Post#2 » by FAH1223 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:43 am

Read on Twitter


I didn’t think he’d ever be putting up numbers like this

Every time I watch Portland he was bricking 3s
Image
User avatar
FAH1223
RealGM
Posts: 12,953
And1: 5,207
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: GT #43: Blazers @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/106.7 FM) [1/15/22] 

Post#3 » by FAH1223 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:53 am

Read on Twitter


OMG @ this schedule... we're fukked
Image
User avatar
long suffrin' boulez fan
Head Coach
Posts: 6,747
And1: 2,734
Joined: Nov 18, 2005
Location: Just above Ted's double bottom line
       

Re: GT #43: Blazers @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/106.7 FM) [1/15/22] 

Post#4 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:01 pm

Saw part of the Blazers game last night and boy did they look bad. They played total matador defense. They do have the type of marginal player like McLemore that tend to catch fire against the Wiz though.

Sounds like McCullom is a game time decision.
In Rizzo we trust
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 46,994
And1: 10,940
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: GT #43: Blazers @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/106.7 FM) [1/15/22] 

Post#5 » by Ruzious » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:02 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:Saw part of the Blazers game last night and boy did they look bad. They played total matador defense. They do have the type of marginal player like McLemore that tend to catch fire against the Wiz though.

Sounds like McCullom is a game time decision.

And Simons didn't play last night for "personal reasons". Is he expected to play tonight?

Wiz' only real chance to stay around .500 is playing good teams when they're short-handed, so it's important (for Shepard) if McCollum and Simons don't play.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
User avatar
FAH1223
RealGM
Posts: 12,953
And1: 5,207
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: GT #43: Blazers @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/106.7 FM) [1/15/22] 

Post#6 » by FAH1223 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:38 pm

Read on Twitter
Image
dlts20
RealGM
Posts: 11,749
And1: 5,305
Joined: Dec 14, 2006

Re: GT #43: Blazers @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/106.7 FM) [1/15/22] 

Post#7 » by dlts20 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:12 pm

Call me crazy but I still think that we can be a very good team. Idk why everyone is so quick to be down on us when we have a new roster, Brad hasn't been himself for the most part, r and have been decimated by covid and injuries. I could see us winning way more of those games than people think.

Imo our season comes down to 3 things. Brad consistently being an efficient all star Brad. I don't think that is too much to ask for. Spencer learning to play with Brad. I was thinking of this earlier. You can talk about Brad, Wes, or the system but the fact is that Spencer was kinda the same in Brooklyn. When Kyrie got hurt, Spencer was a stud but when they played together, Spencer was a shell of himself. That's why I will put this on him. He has to find a way in himself to play with other star guards. So far there is a pattern and he is the common denominator.

3rd and probably most importantly, I think that our season will come down to Wes lineups and rotations. We can win a lot of games if he handles that right or look like a very bad team if he handles it wrong. Honestly, I don't trust him in that regard just yet but I do think that we have the pieces to be legit if these 3 things fall into place and that's not really asking the world.

Those are 3 things we should easily be capable of but I also could sadly see us failing at all 3. We have a legit opportunity though
dlts20
RealGM
Posts: 11,749
And1: 5,305
Joined: Dec 14, 2006

Re: GT #43: Blazers @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/106.7 FM) [1/15/22] 

Post#8 » by dlts20 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:06 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter


I didn’t think he’d ever be putting up numbers like this

Every time I watch Portland he was bricking 3s

You know that's only for 5 games, right
User avatar
FAH1223
RealGM
Posts: 12,953
And1: 5,207
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: GT #43: Blazers @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/106.7 FM) [1/15/22] 

Post#9 » by FAH1223 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:19 pm

dlts20 wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter


I didn’t think he’d ever be putting up numbers like this

Every time I watch Portland he was bricking 3s

You know that's only for 5 games, right


Yes. :lol: But even still, he has looked like a bum when I watched POR.
Image
User avatar
FAH1223
RealGM
Posts: 12,953
And1: 5,207
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: GT #43: Blazers @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/106.7 FM) [1/15/22] 

Post#10 » by FAH1223 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:12 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Image
dlts20
RealGM
Posts: 11,749
And1: 5,305
Joined: Dec 14, 2006

Re: GT #43: Blazers @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/106.7 FM) [1/15/22] 

Post#11 » by dlts20 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:29 am

FAH1223 wrote:
dlts20 wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter


I didn’t think he’d ever be putting up numbers like this

Every time I watch Portland he was bricking 3s

You know that's only for 5 games, right


Yes. :lol: But even still, he has looked like a bum when I watched POR.

Lol. I was 50/50 because usually it will say in the last 5 games or since January but I didn't see that anywhere... Lol
Dolevi
Sophomore
Posts: 234
And1: 172
Joined: Jan 07, 2021
 

Re: GT #43: Blazers @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/106.7 FM) [1/15/22] 

Post#12 » by Dolevi » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:43 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter


OMG @ this schedule... we're fukked

https://www.nba.com/stats/teams/advanced/?sort=NET_RATING&dir=-1
We're not that far down from many of these teams.
Our NetRating is -1.8. Against some of the teams here in this schdeule, we're pretty close. We ranked 23 out of 30 in the league.
We should be able to compete Portland, Clippers, Boston and Toronto at least.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Analyst
Posts: 3,226
And1: 1,200
Joined: Dec 08, 2011
Location: Formerly known as GilArenas88

Re: GT #43: Blazers @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/106.7 FM) [1/15/22] 

Post#13 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:14 pm

dlts20 wrote:Call me crazy but I still think that we can be a very good team. Idk why everyone is so quick to be down on us when we have a new roster, Brad hasn't been himself for the most part, r and have been decimated by covid and injuries. I could see us winning way more of those games than people think.

Imo our season comes down to 3 things. Brad consistently being an efficient all star Brad. I don't think that is too much to ask for. Spencer learning to play with Brad. I was thinking of this earlier. You can talk about Brad, Wes, or the system but the fact is that Spencer was kinda the same in Brooklyn. When Kyrie got hurt, Spencer was a stud but when they played together, Spencer was a shell of himself. That's why I will put this on him. He has to find a way in himself to play with other star guards. So far there is a pattern and he is the common denominator.

3rd and probably most importantly, I think that our season will come down to Wes lineups and rotations. We can win a lot of games if he handles that right or look like a very bad team if he handles it wrong. Honestly, I don't trust him in that regard just yet but I do think that we have the pieces to be legit if these 3 things fall into place and that's not really asking the world.

Those are 3 things we should easily be capable of but I also could sadly see us failing at all 3. We have a legit opportunity though


Because we watch games.
User avatar
FAH1223
RealGM
Posts: 12,953
And1: 5,207
Joined: Nov 01, 2005
Location: Laurel, MD
       

Re: GT #43: Blazers @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/106.7 FM) [1/15/22] 

Post#14 » by FAH1223 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:46 pm

Read on Twitter


Kutcher is back....
Image
80sballboy
RealGM
Posts: 21,272
And1: 4,616
Joined: Jul 15, 2006
       

Re: GT #43: Blazers @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/106.7 FM) [1/15/22] 

Post#15 » by 80sballboy » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:22 am

Gafford making Nurkic look like prime Shaq. It's like we have a three-headed center and all have their weaknesses. I do like SImons.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Analyst
Posts: 3,226
And1: 1,200
Joined: Dec 08, 2011
Location: Formerly known as GilArenas88

Re: GT #43: Blazers @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/106.7 FM) [1/15/22] 

Post#16 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:23 am

Gafford has got to be more focused at the beginning of games. He picks up so many silly fouls early in games.
80sballboy
RealGM
Posts: 21,272
And1: 4,616
Joined: Jul 15, 2006
       

Re: GT #43: Blazers @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/106.7 FM) [1/15/22] 

Post#17 » by 80sballboy » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:24 am

I know some of it is COVID-related but we have different announcers every night. Whether it's Kutcher/Consor, Kutcher/Gooden, Kutcher/Winters-Scott, Miller/Gooden, Miller/Consor. Some continuity would be nice.
80sballboy
RealGM
Posts: 21,272
And1: 4,616
Joined: Jul 15, 2006
       

Re: GT #43: Blazers @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/106.7 FM) [1/15/22] 

Post#18 » by 80sballboy » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:25 am

Are the baskets shorter in Israel? Dude continues to miss bunnies.
80sballboy
RealGM
Posts: 21,272
And1: 4,616
Joined: Jul 15, 2006
       

Re: GT #43: Blazers @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/106.7 FM) [1/15/22] 

Post#19 » by 80sballboy » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:27 am

A garbage start. Scott Brooks outcoaching us.
80sballboy
RealGM
Posts: 21,272
And1: 4,616
Joined: Jul 15, 2006
       

Re: GT #43: Blazers @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/106.7 FM) [1/15/22] 

Post#20 » by 80sballboy » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:30 am

First quarter Kuz has shown up. Simons looking like Dame out there against our D.

Return to Washington Wizards