Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,346

Re: The Amazingly Sucky Tommy Sheppard Thread 

Post#281 » by nate33 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:00 pm

CobraCommander wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

The lakers benefit by having us draft high and trade low- someone should lose their job for Rui, Deni and Johnnys draft and Beals contract-

The wiz are officially the worse run team in the NBA and it’s not really close.

They have no plan that either tanks or becomes a champion….

But somehow OKC, Orlando, Atlanta, NYKs etc have a plan that makes sense on the surface- Utah clearly has a plan… Even the rockets have a plan that you can point to- you might not like it - but it’s a plan…
What is the wiZards plan??

Don’t tank and Don’t win - ???!

I don't understand why all this negativity about the Rui draft is manifesting now. Rui has been a pretty bad pick for 3 years now. There was nothing about this trade that made the pick any better or worse. The Wizards were just as badly run last week as they are today.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,932

Post#282 » by Frichuela » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:40 pm

Nice one Tommy S…

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=YZAyl5lRpKdNKiC4AwcXRw
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#283 » by montestewart » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:19 pm

nate33 wrote:
CobraCommander wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

The lakers benefit by having us draft high and trade low- someone should lose their job for Rui, Deni and Johnnys draft and Beals contract-

The wiz are officially the worse run team in the NBA and it’s not really close.

They have no plan that either tanks or becomes a champion….

But somehow OKC, Orlando, Atlanta, NYKs etc have a plan that makes sense on the surface- Utah clearly has a plan… Even the rockets have a plan that you can point to- you might not like it - but it’s a plan…
What is the wiZards plan??

Don’t tank and Don’t win - ???!

I don't understand why all this negativity about the Rui draft is manifesting now. Rui has been a pretty bad pick for 3 years now. There was nothing about this trade that made the pick any better or worse. The Wizards were just as badly run last week as they are today.

Consistency is important. :)
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#284 » by Kanyewest » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:27 pm

Frichuela wrote:Nice one Tommy S…

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=YZAyl5lRpKdNKiC4AwcXRw

Looks like he had season ending surgery.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#285 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:14 pm

Dark Faze wrote:I think the smoke that Kuz would prefer to go elsewhere is real. I think the issue is that the Wiz feel confident in going up to 30 mil a season and I don't think either of the two teams in California would outbid them. They are banking his greed wins out.

Why is it greed to accept the highest salary?

Most view money as security.

I expect Kuzma will do as Bradley Beal did. Same as injured Wall and injured Arenas did. Leverage their talent into market value for an owner who BTW makes a PROFIT.

Greed? Remember the one hardliner during the NBA lockout? Ted argued for players to receive less BRI $$.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#286 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:19 pm

Tommy sucks to us but obviously not to THE OWNER.

The owner probably could care less about the luxury tax he’s so rich.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#287 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:26 pm

closg00 wrote:
Dark Faze wrote:I think the smoke that Kuz would prefer to go elsewhere is real. I think the issue is that the Wiz feel confident in going up to 30 mil a season and I don't think either of the two teams in California would outbid them. They are banking his greed wins out.

Exactly this, Tommy is about to embarrass himself like he did with Beal, he'll show-up to the meeting with Kuz's agent naked, a pen in one hand, and some lube in the other....God I hope he walks for nothing....

If I were Tommy I know I’m getting paid. I didn’t begrudge Ernie for carrying out King Midas’s agenda.

Honestly, if Ted or a relative reads this I JUST DO NOT UNDERSTAND. In the military the expression “above my pay grade” means that’s not in my purview. I can’t fathom the decisions. But I do not swim in the stream of sharks the rich do. There’s corporate culture and then there’s that Rothschild or Rockefeller set. I got no clue.

But idiot simple RealGM put together a winning team?

I truly believe I alone could do way way way way better than pretty much all them fools. I said it in a manic rant a couple months ago. But I ALSO SAID CHECK MY ACTUAL CREDENTIALS.

Nvm
Bye bye Beal.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#288 » by Dark Faze » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:34 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:

Why is it greed to accept the highest salary?

Most view money as security.

I expect Kuzma will do as Bradley Beal did. Same as injured Wall and injured Arenas did. Leverage their talent into market value for an owner who BTW makes a PROFIT.

Greed? Remember the one hardliner during the NBA lockout? Ted argued for players to receive less BRI $$.

No doubt. Poor word choice on my part there.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,932

Post#289 » by Frichuela » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:00 am

Tommy is such a second hand car salesman liar..

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=RrRxNQJgkwSR4O8sq1kewQ
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#290 » by Kanyewest » Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:04 am

Deni played well, got to the free throw line 11 times. Tommy might be a prophet...
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#291 » by gambitx777 » Fri Feb 3, 2023 5:57 am

You know what drive me up an **** wall. We can find really nice undrafted players. Our record at that is really good the last few years. So why the **** is this org so bad at drafting in the second round? Like you're obviously looking at guys trade back and take the guys you wanted ? Like why reach on guys like Todd and Winston ? Like I would have been fine using a late round second on Jackson he's been a great find better than a lot of second rounders. Same with Goodwin!

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,892

Post#292 » by TGW » Fri Feb 3, 2023 3:55 pm

gambitx777 wrote:You know what drive me up an **** wall. We can find really nice undrafted players. Our record at that is really good the last few years. So why the **** is this org so bad at drafting in the second round? Like you're obviously looking at guys trade back and take the guys you wanted ? Like why reach on guys like Todd and Winston ? Like I would have been fine using a late round second on Jackson he's been a great find better than a lot of second rounders. Same with Goodwin!

Drafting in the second round is the least of their concerns. They suck at drafting in general, and it's why Sheppard needs to go. With a cash strapped, cheap ownership group that will avoid the luxury tax at all costs, drafting good young players is critical. Sheppard has bungled nearly every pick he's made. And I don't know why you liked that Rui trade...even you admit that they suck at second round drafting, so it would be fair to say all those second rounders are pretty useless considering who's going to be doing the picking.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,364

Post#293 » by doclinkin » Fri Feb 3, 2023 4:16 pm

TGW wrote:Drafting in the second round is the least of their concerns. They suck at drafting in general, and it's why Sheppard needs to go. With a cash strapped, cheap ownership group

How? I read this but am always puzzled by this narrative. Under Ted they are known for OVER paying their players, then regretting it later when they can't build around them. Davis Bertans, Otto Porter, maxing John Wall, maxing Beal multiple times now with a $.25B pricetag. Hell, they paid the lux tax for a LOSING team in recent memory.

And cash strapped owners? Laurene Powell Jobs net worth alone is $12.1 Billion.

To my way of thinking, underpaying players has not been the problem with the mismanagement of this team. They will spend the money. They just haven't built an actually good team worth spending on.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#294 » by FAH1223 » Fri Feb 3, 2023 4:18 pm

TGW wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:You know what drive me up an **** wall. We can find really nice undrafted players. Our record at that is really good the last few years. So why the **** is this org so bad at drafting in the second round? Like you're obviously looking at guys trade back and take the guys you wanted ? Like why reach on guys like Todd and Winston ? Like I would have been fine using a late round second on Jackson he's been a great find better than a lot of second rounders. Same with Goodwin!

Drafting in the second round is the least of their concerns. They suck at drafting in general, and it's why Sheppard needs to go. With a cash strapped, cheap ownership group that will avoid the luxury tax at all costs, drafting good young players is critical. Sheppard has bungled nearly every pick he's made. And I don't know why you liked that Rui trade...even you admit that they suck at second round drafting, so it would be fair to say all those second rounders are pretty useless considering who's going to be doing the picking.

They actually aren't cash strapped.

$90M in operating profit in 2022.
TGW
RealGM

Post#295 » by TGW » Fri Feb 3, 2023 4:20 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
TGW wrote:

Well when it comes to the luxury tax, they are penny pinchers. As a matter of fact, most of their moves are based on avoiding the LT at all costs. Maybe the term "cash strapped" should be replaced with "frugal". The Wizards as a sports franchise, is frugal.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#296 » by FAH1223 » Fri Feb 3, 2023 4:21 pm

TGW wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
TGW wrote:

Well when it comes to the luxury tax, they are penny pinchers. As a matter of fact, most of their moves are based on avoiding the LT at all costs. Maybe the term "cash strapped" should be replaced with "frugal". The Wizards as a sports franchise, is frugal.

Correct.

Also remember, the woman with 20% stake in Monumental (Powell Jobs) has more money than the rest of the ownership group (~ $15B)
TGW
RealGM

Post#297 » by TGW » Fri Feb 3, 2023 4:30 pm

doclinkin wrote:
TGW wrote:Drafting in the second round is the least of their concerns. They suck at drafting in general, and it's why Sheppard needs to go. With a cash strapped, cheap ownership group

How? I read this but am always puzzled by this narrative. Under Ted they are known for OVER paying their players, then regretting it later when they can't build around them. Davis Bertans, Otto Porter, maxing John Wall, maxing Beal multiple times now with a $.25B pricetag. Hell, they paid the lux tax for a LOSING team in recent memory.

To my way of thinking, underpaying players has not been the problem with the mismanagement of this team. They will spend the money. They just haven't built an actually good team worth spending on.

Here's why I've come to that conclusion...after years of watching this team operate the way they do, I've realized that their team building model is pretty much overpay the stars, and surround them with the cheapest team possible. That includes a cheap front office and coaching staff, a cheap stadium and fan experience, and overall a cheap team building strategy around the edges. They will backup the brinks truck for the players, because the league helps to pay the players through profit sharing. Everything else that doesn't include paying players is low budget. Admit it doc...everything else BUT PAYING THE PLAYERS is low budget. That's what I mean by cheap. The league helps to pay player salaries so they can somewhat splurge there, but everything else is pretty much penny pinched.
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#298 » by FAH1223 » Fri Feb 3, 2023 4:33 pm

TGW wrote:
doclinkin wrote:

Here's why I've come to that conclusion...after years of watching this team operate the way they do, I've realized that their team building model is pretty much overpay the stars, and surround them with the cheapest team possible. That includes a cheap front office and coaching staff, a cheap stadium and fan experience, and overall a cheap team building strategy around the edges. They will backup the brinks truck for the players, because the league helps to pay the players through profit sharing. Everything else that doesn't include paying players is low budget. Admit it doc...everything else BUT PAYING THE PLAYERS is low budget. That's what I mean by cheap. The league helps to pay player salaries so they can somewhat splurge there, but everything else is pretty much penny pinched.

One of the last teams to get a new practice facility and a G-League Affiliate
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,161

Post#299 » by AFM » Fri Feb 3, 2023 5:00 pm

Cue monte with a urinal cake joke in 3, 2, 1....
TGW
RealGM

Post#300 » by TGW » Fri Feb 3, 2023 7:34 pm

AFM wrote:Cue monte with a urinal cake joke in 3, 2, 1....

I was expecting that, since that seemed to be Ted's crowning achievement in improving game experience.

Return to Washington Wizards