Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Re: Bradley Beal - Part IV 

Post#141 » by payitforward » Sat May 7, 2022 4:41 pm

Dat2U wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Jay81 wrote:Why would Philly trade maxey for beal?

Embiid apparently wanted Beal at the deadline.

If you're the Wizards, you aren't going to just take Tobias Harris' contract back. You need Maxey.

Right, folks suggesting we take Tobias Harris & filler for Beal have lost their damn minds. Why would the Wizards do that? They'd be better off letting Beal walk.

It's not happening, but... do you really think Thybulle & Maxey are "filler?"
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Jay81
Starter
And1: 480

Post#142 » by Jay81 » Fri May 13, 2022 5:13 pm

I wonder if Tommy seeing Harden decline so rapidly(and he is probably still better than beal lol) would pause on what kind of contract if at all we would give Bradley. We all know his is not going to end well. How is Tommy not seeing this?
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,334

Post#143 » by nate33 » Fri May 13, 2022 5:22 pm

Jay81 wrote:I wonder if Tommy seeing Harden decline so rapidly(and he is probably still better than beal lol) would pause on what kind of contract if at all we would give Bradley. We all know his is not going to end well. How is Tommy not seeing this?

Beal keeps himself in great shape. I'm not particularly worried about a massive decline in athleticism or motivation

My concern with Beal is whether or not he can shift back to a more complementary role as an off-ball scorer like he was in his first 6 years here. Can he be additive alongside another 1st option scorer? Or has he settled into "no man's land" where he doesn't shoot well enough to play off ball as a 2nd or 3rd option, and he's not efficient enough to be a 1st option scorer/playmaker on a successful team?

His steady decline in 3P% is alarming.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#144 » by DCZards » Fri May 13, 2022 5:32 pm

Jay81 wrote:I wonder if Tommy seeing Harden decline so rapidly(and he is probably still better than beal lol) would pause on what kind of contract if at all we would give Bradley. We all know his is not going to end well. How is Tommy not seeing this?

Harden is a full four years older than Beal...and, from all accounts, (Party) Harden has had a very different lifestyle than Beal. If anything, Shepherd and Co. may look at the drama surrounding players like Irving, Harden and Simmons and see even more value in the stability of a Bradley Beal. Just sayin'.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#145 » by 80sballboy » Fri May 13, 2022 7:59 pm

Heard Bill Simmons try and push a S&T with Beal and Harden. I would not be a Wizards fan anymore if we pick up that overweight soon-to-be 33-year-old non-defensive-trying stat-stuffer. I don't see Ted accepting that.

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=eBReW85fxeeToj-3o0xXdQ
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#146 » by nate33 » Fri May 13, 2022 8:22 pm

80sballboy wrote:Heard Bill Simmons try and push a S&T with Beal and Harden. I would not be a Wizards fan anymore if we pick up that overweight soon-to-be 33-year-old non-defensive-trying stat-stuffer. I don't see Ted accepting that.

Read on Twitter

I heard it too. BS was just talking out of his arse. Trading for Harden is Ernie Grunfeld tier strategy. Sheppard would never do that, no matter how much Ted pushed him.

There is zero chance it happens.

The only type of Beal to Philly trade I could see would be some sort of 3-way with Beal to Philly, Harden to LA, and Westbrook to DC (and being bought out), with picks/prospects coming to DC from both Philly and LA.

The doom-and-gloomers on this board never stop. What's it going to take to convince you people that Sheppard is not Ernie? I'm not saying Sheppard is perfect. His draft record is meh at best. But strategically, Sheppard is infinitely better than Ernie. He knows you don't go "all in" when you lack the talent base to contend. We haven't traded the future for short term wins so far, and there's no reason to think he'll start now.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,650

Post#147 » by 80sballboy » Fri May 13, 2022 8:33 pm

nate33 wrote:
80sballboy wrote:Heard Bill Simmons try and push a S&T with Beal and Harden. I would not be a Wizards fan anymore if we pick up that overweight soon-to-be 33-year-old non-defensive-trying stat-stuffer. I don't see Ted accepting that.

Read on Twitter

I heard it too. BS was just talking out of his arse. Trading for Harden is Ernie Grunfeld tier strategy. Sheppard would never do that, not matter how much Ted pushed him.

There is zero chance it happens.

The only type of Beal to Philly trade I could see would be some sort of 3-way with Beal to Philly, Harden to LA, and Westbrook to DC (and being bought out), with picks/prospects coming to DC from both Philly and LA.

The doom-and-gloomers on this board never stop. What's it going to take to convince you people that Sheppard is not Ernie. I'm not saying Sheppard is perfect. His draft record is meh at best. But strategically, Sheppard is infinitely better than Ernie. He knows you don't go "all in" when you lack the talent base to contend. We haven't traded the future for short term wins so far, and there's no reason to think he'll start now.

So you are saying I'm a doom-and-gloomer? I just posted an interesting story that I knew was not likely from a basketball pundit. I've been a fan for 45 years so it's understandable I would be a bit cynical, but never thought that Tommy, despite several faults, is anywhere near as bad as that incompetent boob and I always have brought it back to ownership as the reason we've been a bad franchise for decades.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#148 » by payitforward » Fri May 13, 2022 9:06 pm

Just thought nate's key points might bear repetition:
Sheppard is not Ernie.
We haven't traded the future
no reason to think he'll start now.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#149 » by payitforward » Fri May 13, 2022 9:10 pm

This too is worth calling out:
80sballboy wrote:...ownership
the reason we've been a bad franchise for decades
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#150 » by nate33 » Fri May 13, 2022 10:29 pm

80sballboy wrote:
So you are saying I'm a doom-and-gloomer? I just posted an interesting story that I knew was not likely from a basketball pundit. I've been a fan for 45 years so it's understandable I would be a bit cynical, but never thought that Tommy, despite several faults, is anywhere near as bad as that incompetent boob and I always have brought it back to ownership as the reason we've been a bad franchise for decades.

Fair enough. You are right. Just posting that isn't necessarily being a doom and gloomer. My bad.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,362

Post#151 » by doclinkin » Fri May 13, 2022 10:53 pm

Zero chance Ted, who shipped Wall for partying, would replace member of the family good character Beal who has input on personnel matters, for an over the hill James Harden who partied instead of reporting to his team in Houston. If Beal wanted to go to Philly then Darryl Morey would have to do significantly better than that. Bill SImmons just likes to be controversial and start some mess. I'm sure his buddy "House" who is a DC fan loudly schooled him on that.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#152 » by FAH1223 » Tue May 24, 2022 1:44 am

But mostly, Beal has had a lot of downtime to ponder life off court — including his charitable endeavors and his legacy in D.C. The timing of the court refurbishment felt perfect.
“This injury also gave me a mental break, a time to evaluate life, and I haven’t changed my mind-set,” Beal said. “I enjoy being in D.C.; I enjoy being on this team.”

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,158

Post#153 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Tue May 24, 2022 3:13 am

FAH1223 wrote:

But mostly, Beal has had a lot of downtime to ponder life off court — including his charitable endeavors and his legacy in D.C. The timing of the court refurbishment felt perfect.
“This injury also gave me a mental break, a time to evaluate life, and I haven’t changed my mind-set,” Beal said. “I enjoy being in D.C.; I enjoy being on this team.”

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Beal interviews are always tee ball practice for him. Does anyone ever really challenge him in regards to being a leader or his production actually translating to wins?
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#154 » by closg00 » Tue May 24, 2022 5:59 pm

Per the Tap, Beal is leaning towards signing with the Wizards, DUH!!! he is taking zero risk taking Ted stupidly offered 5-year SM deal, then asking out when he feels like it.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#155 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed May 25, 2022 5:26 am

Dat2U wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Jay81 wrote:Why would Philly trade maxey for beal?

Embiid apparently wanted Beal at the deadline.

If you're the Wizards, you aren't going to just take Tobias Harris' contract back. You need Maxey.

Right, folks suggesting we take Tobias Harris & filler for Beal have lost their damn minds. Why would the Wizards do that? They'd be better off letting Beal walk.
Agreed.

Sent from my SM-A526U using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach
And1: 898

Post#156 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Wed May 25, 2022 6:08 am

RealGM Wiretap
Bradley Beal Leaning Towards Re-Signing With Wizards

Yay!

:-?
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
Jay81
Starter
And1: 480

Post#157 » by Jay81 » Wed May 25, 2022 4:46 pm

we all know the team would get alot better...quicker if we move Beal. Trade Beal for assests(hopefully a lottery pick). tank this season and may draft a generational player if you get lucky...maybe have another bad year and get one more lottery pick while beal is playing 60 games avg 15 pts a game...you could be a 50 win team in 2025 if you played your cards right
payitforward
RealGM

Post#158 » by payitforward » Wed May 25, 2022 7:21 pm

Jay81 wrote:we all know the team would get alot better...quicker if we move Beal. Trade Beal for assests(hopefully a lottery pick). tank this season and may draft a generational player if you get lucky...maybe have another bad year and get one more lottery pick while beal is playing 60 games avg 15 pts a game...you could be a 50 win team in 2025 if you played your cards right

:)
Somehow, it's hard to avoid coming up with ways to be an optimist! A good thing too, given the reality we live with as fans of this team.

Have we ever won 50 games? It'll be fun to look back at this after our 37-45 season in 2025! 8-)
trast66
Rookie
And1: 614

Post#159 » by trast66 » Thu May 26, 2022 3:02 am

If Boston gets to the finals no chance they want Beal there next season. Lakers, Sixers, Nets, Heat, Suns remain if he wants out during 22-23 season.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#160 » by Dark Faze » Thu May 26, 2022 9:58 am

Kings are certainly the best pairing for a deal.

Return to Washington Wizards