Post#781 » by 80sballboy » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:13 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,934

Re: Bradley Beal - Part IV 

Post#782 » by payitforward » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:44 pm

Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#783 » by payitforward » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:45 pm

Starts about 12"45' in....
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#784 » by payitforward » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:19 pm

I thought Brad handled himself extremely well. He had nothing but positive things to say about DC, about his time on the Wizards, about his teammates, the FO, all of it.

Bradley Beal is a quality human being, & I wish him great success in Phoenix. I hope he has a great year.
PaulinVA
Sophomore
And1: 89

Post#785 » by PaulinVA » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:43 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#786 » by JWizmentality » Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:15 am

Wish him the best. Wouldn't wish ill on anyone, but I'm glad he's gone.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,977

Post#787 » by FAH1223 » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:46 am

Brad looks really happy. He also seemed to be in disbelief sitting with James Jones and Frank Vogel there. Haven’t seen him that wide eyed in a long time at a presser.

I think he’ll do well in The Valley.
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach
And1: 916

Post#788 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Sat Jul 8, 2023 11:00 pm

One of the most annoying things about Bradley Beal was the constant kissing his feet by the organization. Once they had made the decision to shift from Wall to Beal, it was like mandated that everyone must know Brad is the franchise player. Every time a new player came in you could tell they had been given the directive. Every introductory talk with the press came with the qualifiers “I’m here to support Brad”, “It’s Brads team I’m here to help him”, “My role is to compliment Brad”. Kuzma and KP did it. Dinwiddie was all about that. Even Westbrook did it. Even Wes in the locker room talking to the team about the focus of the offense is to get it to Brad and put it in his hands. And the constant giving it to Brad to bring it up and give it to Brad with the time running down and let him go 1 on 5 to be the hero because he’s “The Guy”!

I’m so glad we are done with that! That whole Brad as franchise player was a joke!
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,556

Post#789 » by closg00 » Thu Sep 7, 2023 11:49 am

Ahh, you may place him last, but he is tops in salary :lol:
Read on Twitter
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,738

Post#790 » by gambitx777 » Thu Sep 7, 2023 12:24 pm

SUPERBALLMAN wrote:One of the most annoying things about Bradley Beal was the constant kissing his feet by the organization. Once they had made the decision to shift from Wall to Beal, it was like mandated that everyone must know Brad is the franchise player. Every time a new player came in you could tell they had been given the directive. Every introductory talk with the press came with the qualifiers “I’m here to support Brad”, “It’s Brads team I’m here to help him”, “My role is to compliment Brad”. Kuzma and KP did it. Dinwiddie was all about that. Even Westbrook did it. Even Wes in the locker room talking to the team about the focus of the offense is to get it to Brad and put it in his hands. And the constant giving it to Brad to bring it up and give it to Brad with the time running down and let him go 1 on 5 to be the hero because he’s “The Guy”!

I’m so glad we are done with that! That whole Brad as franchise player was a joke!
Brad as a human is a joke

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,361

Post#791 » by Kanyewest » Thu Sep 7, 2023 1:29 pm

closg00 wrote:Ahh, you may place him last, but he is tops in salary :lol:
Read on Twitter

Unrelated to guard rankings, bleacher reports overall rankings based on fans have some inaccuracies. I.E. Giannis is rated as the best player in the NBA and Jokic is the 4th.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,361

Post#792 » by Kanyewest » Thu Sep 7, 2023 1:31 pm

SUPERBALLMAN wrote:One of the most annoying things about Bradley Beal was the constant kissing his feet by the organization. Once they had made the decision to shift from Wall to Beal, it was like mandated that everyone must know Brad is the franchise player. Every time a new player came in you could tell they had been given the directive. Every introductory talk with the press came with the qualifiers “I’m here to support Brad”, “It’s Brads team I’m here to help him”, “My role is to compliment Brad”. Kuzma and KP did it. Dinwiddie was all about that. Even Westbrook did it. Even Wes in the locker room talking to the team about the focus of the offense is to get it to Brad and put it in his hands. And the constant giving it to Brad to bring it up and give it to Brad with the time running down and let him go 1 on 5 to be the hero because he’s “The Guy”!

But wasn't it true that Beal was the best player of the team upon that player joining? KP wasn't who he was before he joined the Wizards. IMO I don't think Westbrook was better than Beal right before joining or after leaving the Wizards.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,957

Post#793 » by Frichuela » Thu Sep 7, 2023 2:18 pm

So glad Beal is gone. Just not having to watch his bad body language and pouting is a blessing!
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 4,003

Post#794 » by DCZards » Thu Sep 7, 2023 5:15 pm

gambitx777 wrote:

I judge “humans” by what they do in the real world…not by how they’re perceived by sports fans or posters on a message board.

Brad, from all accounts, is a good person, a good parent, and a good member of the community.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#795 » by payitforward » Thu Sep 7, 2023 5:35 pm

I certainly wouldn't put Bradley Beal among the top 15 guards in the league, & for that matter having Tyrese Halliburton at 14 is completely ridiculous, since he's one of the top 3-4 guards in the league!

Not to mention the guys left out -- where are Jalen Brunson, Jrue Holiday, Malcolm Brogdon, Chris Paul... & I could go on.

Explain the ways Jamal Murray was better last year than, for example, Kevin Porter Jr.
He wasn't.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#796 » by payitforward » Thu Sep 7, 2023 5:37 pm

DCZards wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:

I judge “humans” by what the do in the real world…not by how they’re perceived by sports fans or posters on a message board.

Brad, from all accounts, is a good person, a good parent, and a good member of the community.

I'm with Zards -- stop ragging on Bradley Beal. It's stupid.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,957

Post#797 » by Frichuela » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:04 pm

So, Brad and his injury issues continue to be a theme...so glad someone else's team is picking the tab...
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/273438/Bradley-Beal-Unlikely-To-Play-Opening-Night
Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 382

Post#798 » by Benjammin » Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:44 pm

So it begins...over/under on the number of games he plays this season?
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,738

Post#799 » by gambitx777 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:34 pm

I mean I hope he misses the season we have an unprotected pick swap this year that was supposed to mean nothing lol .

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,550

Post#800 » by nate33 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:57 pm

gambitx777 wrote:I mean I hope he misses the season we have an unprotected pick swap this year that was supposed to mean nothing lol .

Man, I forgot about those swaps.

Phoenix has no depth and 3 of their top 4 guys (Durant, Beal, Nurkic) are extremely injury prone. Hell, even Booker isn't the most durable guy in the world.

I wouldn't wish injuries on anyone, but they do happen. It's not out of the realm of possibility that they just miss the playoffs altogether.

Return to Washington Wizards