Bradley Beal - Part IV

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Re: Bradley Beal - Part IV 

Post#821 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:47 am

doclinkin wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:Is he damaged goods? Be honest…

No backsies!

Anyway fair trade since Landry Shamet hasn't played for us either.
And really neither has CP3
:clown:
Bradley Beal is guaranteed to miss 20 games or more. He will probably miss 35 or more games.

Phoenix is going to have buyer's remorse.
Bye bye Beal.
dcstanley
Sixth Man
And1: 1,288

Post#822 » by dcstanley » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:26 am

payitforward wrote:Phoenix has gotten worse not better this off season. Their best player last year -- by far -- was Chris Paul. Now, this year they have a full season of Kevin Durant, which should make up for that loss.

But no Mikal Bridges, no Cam Johnson. Nurkic isn't as good as Ayton, & if anything their role players overall are downgraded from last year. Brad won't help as much as they think he will, not nearly as much.

They won 45 games last year. I doubt they'll get there again this year.

What data are you looking at that suggests Paul was better than Devin Booker last season?
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,355

Post#823 » by Kanyewest » Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:38 pm

Phoenix does have an incredible medical staff so perhaps they can fix Beal like they did with Grant Hill. Steve Nash was getting older but his back issues seemed to get worse when he left Phoenix. Amare also suffered a similar fate. Although the Suns couldn't stop Cp3 from getting injured in the playoffs.

Booker/Beal have now missed 2 games yet the Suns are 2-1- probably would have been 3-0 if 2 of the 3 played against the Lakers- granted the Jazz do not look as impressive as they were last season although a blowout win is still good for Phoenix considering the circumstances.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,877

Post#824 » by payitforward » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:40 am

dcstanley wrote:
payitforward wrote:Phoenix has gotten worse not better this off season. Their best player last year -- by far -- was Chris Paul. .

What data are you looking at that suggests Paul was better than Devin Booker last season?

Devin Booker is a really good player. & he had a good year. My point wasn't to be critical of him.

Chris Paul is an even better player -- much better to tell the truth. & he had a better year than Booker last year. As he has had every year that they've both been in the league. Since Chris Paul is one of the best players in the history of the NBA, this is no surprise.

Last year, obviously, Booker was a better scorer than CP3. As rebounders they were about the same.

Suppose we add up each guy's assists, steals & blocks & then we subtract his turnovers & fouls.

Per 40 minutes, the resulting number for Booker is +1.25.
For Chris Paul the resulting number is +8.5.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,012

Post#825 » by Dark Faze » Mon Oct 30, 2023 2:11 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
doclinkin wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:Is he damaged goods? Be honest…

No backsies!

Anyway fair trade since Landry Shamet hasn't played for us either.
And really neither has CP3
:clown:
Bradley Beal is guaranteed to miss 20 games or more. He will probably miss 35 or more games.

Phoenix is going to have buyer's remorse.

Phoenix mostly just cares about the post season, and I think they'll time things such that Brad will be healthy for those.

That being said, it puts a lot of pressure on KD at his age to carry them to a lot of regular season wins. Booker too of course.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,933

Post#826 » by Frichuela » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:59 pm

Some things never change… :lol:

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=GWeuz7j_sc5cBYZzdD92Tw
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,159

Post#827 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:10 am

Frichuela wrote:Some things never change… :lol:

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=GWeuz7j_sc5cBYZzdD92Tw

Tragic... :)
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#828 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:06 am

Predictable

Sent from my SM-A146U using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,163

Post#829 » by AFM » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:27 am

I had/have a f-ed up back so I'm not going to clown on him or anything. Hope he gets better.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,976

Post#830 » by DCZards » Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:41 am

Yeah... kinda petty to make light of another person's pain and misfortune.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,735

Post#831 » by gambitx777 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:33 pm

I hope Brad's back feels better.
But I also hope Brad buys a box of cosmic brownies only to get home, opens the box and they don't have the sprinkles. LoL!

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,159

Post#832 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:19 pm

Petty my ass. No one is making fun of one's pain, just stop. Save the holier than thou complex for someone other than a cupcake, professional athlete.

He's simply a third or fourth best player on any given team, that is constantly injures, making an absurd amount of money.

It's okay to poke some fun at the irony of it all. Poking fun at a professional athlete that admitted he found it hard to get motivated for basketball despite making the super max.

Love the blind zeal to defend Beal and his cupcakiness on this board.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,355

Post#833 » by Kanyewest » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:52 pm

CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:Petty my ass. No one is making fun of one's pain, just stop. Save the holier than thou complex for someone other than a cupcake, professional athlete.

He's simply a third or fourth best player on any given team, that is constantly injures, making an absurd amount of money.

It's okay to poke some fun at the irony of it all. Poking fun at a professional athlete that admitted he found it hard to get motivated for basketball despite making the super max.

Love the blind zeal to defend Beal and his cupcakiness on this board.

Smiling emoji for an injury isn't taking some joy in it?
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#834 » by closg00 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:55 pm

I believe in karma.
badinage
Bench Warmer
And1: 884

Post#835 » by badinage » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:29 pm

^ As Prince said on “Bob George”: “Ain’t that a bitch?!”

Also? I don’t apologize for not wishing him well. Sorry. It didn’t have to be this way. I would have loved to be able to wish him success and good fortune. But he made his move. His grubby, scorched-earth move. And here we are.

Now, to be fair: a lot of professional athletes would have done what he did. But I don’t have to like it.

If athletes and “owners” behaved differently, I would regard them as people. But I don’t. They’re not real to me. They’re *like* people, in that they do some of the same things that people do. But they’re not. Truly not. Same with celebrities. Not real. And I think it’s foolish (and maybe dangerous) to project onto them.

We all do it, though. Some more and some less.

I might do it for an athlete I like — project anthropomorphically onto him. But not for one who engineered an exit like this.

So, Bradley Beal, who was never entirely real to me, becomes even less real to me — or less of a concern — when he scorches the ground and flees.

Not entirely real and on the team I root for: this means a certain interest, and maybe even affection.

Not entirely real and having ditched the team I root for: disdain.

Return to Washington Wizards