ImageImageImageImageImage

GT #66: Bullets @ Blazers 10 PM (NBCSW/980 AM)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Your result?

Bullets tank rolls
67%
Blazers tank overwhelms
33%

Total votes: 3

closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Re: GT #66: Bullets @ Blazers 10 PM (NBCSW/980 AM) 

Post#61 » by closg00 » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:47 pm

80sballboy wrote:If you are going to tank, play the young guys. If you are going to try and win, then don't play your starters have shown no inclination to defend all night and play a non-defensive center in TB. But this season has gone from 10-3 to 29-37. That's 19-34 since that start. So much for playing well without Beal.

Garbage time will get an early start again Curry and the boys, the youngins "should" get plenty of PT.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#62 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:48 pm

Man, did we ever screw with Portland’s tank last night.

In theory, that’s the way you shut it down. I guess the young guys didn’t get the memo… and we really, really suck right now.
In Rizzo we trust
Dolevi
Senior
And1: 402

Post#63 » by Dolevi » Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:40 pm

nir2610 wrote:Deni with a steal?? Let's replace him right away...

His cofidence level is as a 7 y.o kid's level. I've never seen a player afraids from the game like he is. It's obvious that beyond his lack of talent, what's hurting him the most, it's his confidence and character problem. Nobody expects Deni to drop 20/30 points, but the expectation is to see him play good overall for a 9th pick in a draft.

The sad thing is that right now he has a good situation and opportunity to prove himself while the season is over and Beal is out, yet he can't take her and he doesn't have the ability to do it (mentally and physically).

When i've written here before some time that he needs some time to experience G league games when he'll be able to feel the ball more, mistake and learn, improve his game, people completely disagreed with me, yet I still with the same opinion.

It's not even about his talent level, this about getting him some time to develop his character and overall confidence in himself by facing players in a daily routine with the ball in his hands. That's a must thing to do. He's capable to be good in O, he has the fundamentals (still can and needs to improve his offensive game so he'll be able to drop 20 points a night), but it's clear that his biggest problem is the confidence and character.

Honestly, i can understand the coach with not giving him minutes right now. He doesn't show he deserves them. Back then u could have said that he's giving us at least D, right now even D he can't do well, so there's no reason to play with him (offensively - nothing).

he took only 2 shots and the second one was almost there.

That's his mistake, he's nothing in the offensive court, no matter what. That's a lot because of his mental problems.
Btw, in the other hand i do think KCP shouldn't take all Deni's credit in offense, but that's also on Deni with his attitude. It's not just coaching. Deni needs to earn his respect. If Washinghton would have known if they want to completely Tank - I believe Deni would have run the offense more in any case (while getting more of KCP's/Ish's minutes, together with Kuz and Rui). But u have a failured franchise that can't choose between upgrade young players - to wanting being competitive, at the same time. And still as i said before and WUJ's right, it's also on Deni's attitude.
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#64 » by WallToWall » Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:34 pm

This game was really bad. No other way to put it. The defensive lapses were too many to count. They made the same mistakes over and over. Aren’t they learning as they should?

That said, good tank loss.
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach
And1: 898

Post#65 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:43 am

I guess this team has zero interest in seeing if Cary or Ayayi have anything to contribute or ability to play. I mean if Ayayi can't see the floor with Beal out or take pt from Neto and Carey can't get on the court with Porzingis out on back to backs or play before Gill then I guess they never will.

I don't understand why this team acquires young players when they have no intention of ever putting them in a game of giving them any chance, I.E. Winston.
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach

Post#66 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:47 am

Not sure if it's COVID side effects or the Wizards that's decomposing the grey matter in my brain.... I'm thinking it's the Wizards.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Post#67 » by payitforward » Mon Mar 14, 2022 2:10 am

SUPERBALLMAN wrote:I guess this team has zero interest in seeing if Cary or Ayayi have anything to contribute or ability to play. I mean if Ayayi can't see the floor with Beal out or take pt from Neto and Carey can't get on the court with Porzingis out on back to backs or play before Gill then I guess they never will.

I don't understand why this team acquires young players when they have no intention of ever putting them in a game of giving them any chance, I.E. Winston.

Ayayi was waived to make room for Schakel. Who knows why....
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach

Post#68 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:09 am

payitforward wrote:
SUPERBALLMAN wrote:I guess this team has zero interest in seeing if Cary or Ayayi have anything to contribute or ability to play. I mean if Ayayi can't see the floor with Beal out or take pt from Neto and Carey can't get on the court with Porzingis out on back to backs or play before Gill then I guess they never will.

Ayayi was waived to make room for Schakel. Who knows why....

Good for him!!!
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#69 » by FAH1223 » Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:43 am

Shoe
Bench Warmer
And1: 956

Post#70 » by Shoe » Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:06 pm

Dolevi wrote:
nir2610 wrote:Deni with a steal?? Let's replace him right away...

His cofidence level is as a 7 y.o kid's level. I've never seen a player afraids from the game like he is. It's obvious that beyond his lack of talent, what's hurting him the most, it's his confidence and character problem. Nobody expects Deni to drop 20/30 points, but the expectation is to see him play good overall for a 9th pick in a draft.

The sad thing is that right now he has a good situation and opportunity to prove himself while the season is over and Beal is out, yet he can't take her and he doesn't have the ability to do it (mentally and physically).

When i've written here before some time that he needs some time to experience G league games when he'll be able to feel the ball more, mistake and learn, improve his game, people completely disagreed with me, yet I still with the same opinion.

It's not even about his talent level, this about getting him some time to develop his character and overall confidence in himself by facing players in a daily routine with the ball in his hands. That's a must thing to do. He's capable to be good in O, he has the fundamentals (still can and needs to improve his offensive game so he'll be able to drop 20 points a night), but it's clear that his biggest problem is the confidence and character.

Honestly, i can understand the coach with not giving him minutes right now. He doesn't show he deserves them. Back then u could have said that he's giving us at least D, right now even D he can't do well, so there's no reason to play with him (offensively - nothing).

he took only 2 shots and the second one was almost there.

That's his mistake, he's nothing in the offensive court, no matter what. That's a lot because of his mental problems.
Btw, in the other hand i do think KCP shouldn't take all Deni's credit in offense, but that's also on Deni with his attitude. It's not just coaching. Deni needs to earn his respect. If Washinghton would have known if they want to completely Tank - I believe Deni would have run the offense more in any case (while getting more of KCP's/Ish's minutes, together with Kuz and Rui). But u have a failured franchise that can't choose between upgrade young players - to wanting being competitive, at the same time. And still as i said before and WUJ's right, it's also on Deni's attitude.

Overreaction. Deni played every game this season; all while coming off a major knee injury. It looks like he's hitting a mental and physical wall.

Remember, Deni was cleared for basketball activities right before the season started. Hopefully he stays healthy so he can have a real off-season to work on his game.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Post#71 » by payitforward » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:51 am

Agree with Shoe on this one! It's a long season -- just think how long it's seemed right here on this board!!
Go Deni !!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#72 » by Ruzious » Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:51 pm

Fwiw, Josh Hart followed up that 44 point game with 31 against Atlanta on 11/21 shooting including 4 made 3's, 7 boards, 4 assists, just 1 turnover. Trendon Watford, Drew Eubanks, and Brandon Williams also had some big numbers.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to Washington Wizards