ImageImageImageImageImage

GT #76: Magic @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/980 AM)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

GT #76: Magic @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/980 AM) 

Post#1 » by FAH1223 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:18 am

YOUR Washington Bullets are 32-43 and coming off a crucial L to the Bulls!

DeRozan took over in the 4th quarter and the Bullets suddenly had no answers for him as the Bulls pulled off a much needed W.

TONIGHT, the tanking Magic come into town. Jamahl Mosley's young squad plays hard but are struggling. On paper, it looks like it'll be tough for the Bullets to lose this on their homecourt. BUT, we did see the Blazers with their G-League squad score a W on this team. :wink:

-------------------------VS-------------------------

Projected Lineups :

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Bench:

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Re: GT #76: Magic @ Bullets 7 PM (NBCSW/980 AM) 

Post#2 » by queridiculo » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:05 am

Big point.

Seems like the Lakers are content with throwing in the towel, a loss would go a long way in putting us in position to keep up.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#3 » by Ruzious » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:55 pm

You'd think by now there can't be any trap games for a team with as bad a record as the Wiz have, so the final score should be Washington 118, Orlando 99.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,943

Post#4 » by ducler » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:14 pm

Read on Twitter
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,158

Post#5 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:05 am

It's impressive to watch how they will literally put Deni on just about anybody 1-4 that is going off. He was switching off between Anthony and Wagner after their hot starts, both cooled down in the second quarter. Now of course he wasn't all of it, but just super active out there to turn around that 12-point deficit.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:28 am

KCP loves heat checking the team.
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#7 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:42 am

Jesus, Ish, that's a terrible uncontested airball 3.
WallStar
Junior
And1: 192

Post#8 » by WallStar » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:42 am

Hoping for a good game. But the tanky hanky has to be achieved.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:53 am

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:Jesus, Ish, that's a terrible uncontested airball 3.

Team has had a quiet a few tonight. Deni's has had like 3 oofs from three tonight.
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#10 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:20 am

Decent game for all the Wizards, albeit maybe not that challenging. Still, you can only beat what's in front of you.
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 837

Post#11 » by 9 and 20 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:21 am

Sato with the classic 'everybody eats' stat line - 10 boards, 13 assists, and no points (only 2 shots) and just two turnovers.

Zingus with 35 pts and 8 boards tonight and Gafford with 17 and 7. That's a lot from just the center position.

Granted, the Magic can make anyone look like Jordan (or Magic, as it were). But, nice to see these guys finally beat another team down like this. We're usually just so clearly outclassed and overmatched. A game like this every so often is nice.

Next game they better get back to losing.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:36 am

Gafford with a real good game off the bench in only 19 minutes with 17 points, 7 rebounds, and 4 blocks on 6-7 fg and 5-6 ft. Rui was also real solid I thought except for not knocking down some makeable threes but 17 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2 blocks from him is something I hope to see more often from him.

Deni despite a pretty bad shooting night from three (particularly in the third), played good defense and had 8 rebounds and 5 assists. He played real good defense on Wagner after his hot start with Wagner only again once going off once Deni was on the bench. Kispert had a couple treys go in and out, but still impressed by his activity in his rookie season, and even though he's not reaping good results all the time, I like the effort and energy.

Porzingis was a bucket in the second half and KCP with his third straight 20+ point game giving us 60 points combined is impressive. A honorable mention to Sato, who despite only 2 shoots on the night and zero points, had a real solid game with the rebound-assist double double and a +17 on the evening.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by Ruzious » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:24 pm

9 and 20 wrote:Sato with the classic 'everybody eats' stat line - 10 boards, 13 assists, and no points (only 2 shots) and just two turnovers.

Zingus with 35 pts and 8 boards tonight and Gafford with 17 and 7. That's a lot from just the center position.

Granted, the Magic can make anyone look like Jordan (or Magic, as it were). But, nice to see these guys finally beat another team down like this. We're usually just so clearly outclassed and overmatched. A game like this every so often is nice.

Whenever you get an extremely efficient 52 points, 15 rebounds, and 5 blocks from the center position against anyone - that's something to brag about. And KCP is on a tear - the first time in his career that's he's scored 20 plus in 3 straight games - all impressive games. Not good tanking, but winning is fun.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,572

Post#14 » by pcbothwel » Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:58 pm

Ruzious wrote:
9 and 20 wrote:Sato with the classic 'everybody eats' stat line - 10 boards, 13 assists, and no points (only 2 shots) and just two turnovers.

Whenever you get an extremely efficient 52 points, 15 rebounds, and 5 blocks from the center position against anyone - that's something to brag about. And KCP is on a tear - the first time in his career that's he's scored 20 plus in 3 straight games - all impressive games. Not good tanking, but winning is fun.

Forget the last 3. The last 23 games KCP is averaging a per36 of 18 & 4 on a TS of 62% and ORtg of 118. Doing that on a usage of 20% is really good as a rotational piece.

Side note: Im calling the Magic the MOMENT the season ends. They have Cole Anthony, Fultz, and Suggs all needing minutes and something has to give.
They love Cole and while I'd love to buy low on Suggs, I have a feeling Orlando wants to hold off until next year to see if he bounces back.

So that leaves Fultz. With 2/33M left on his contract, he is basically neutral value at this point and think a KCP or Kuz for Fultz trade could be a great fit for both.
Orlando is deep at Guard and Bigs, but is Severely lacking in big wings.
Wagner has been great, but their ONLY other wing (Ross is a SG , 31 y/o, and pretty bad) has been a terribly underwhelming Okeke.
Kuz is perfect for them and Fultz is perfect for us... That said, I could see Orlando picking 3rd with Ivey, Murray, and Banchero on the board.
I doubt they go Ivey, though if they did it would make Fultz/Suggs all that more likely, and Kuz is redundant with Banchero & Murray.

Kuz + 55 for Fultz + 35... Make it happen
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#15 » by FAH1223 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:42 pm

pcbothwel wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

Forget the last 3. The last 23 games KCP is averaging a per36 of 18 & 4 on a TS of 62% and ORtg of 118. Doing that on a usage of 20% is really good as a rotational piece.

Side note: Im calling the Magic the MOMENT the season ends. They have Cole Anthony, Fultz, and Suggs all needing minutes and something has to give.
They love Cole and while I'd love to buy low on Suggs, I have a feeling Orlando wants to hold off until next year to see if he bounces back.

So that leaves Fultz. With 2/33M left on his contract, he is basically neutral value at this point and think a KCP or Kuz for Fultz trade could be a great fit for both.
Wagner has been great, but their ONLY other wing (Ross is a SG , 31 y/o, and pretty bad) has been a terribly underwhelming Okeke.
Kuz is perfect for them and Fultz is perfect for us... That said, I could see Orlando picking 3rd with Ivey, Murray, and Banchero on the board.
I doubt they go Ivey, though if they did it would make Fultz/Suggs all that more likely, and Kuz is redundant with Banchero & Murray.

Fultz can't shoot 3s though.

He's kind of like Dinwiddie actually.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,932

Post#16 » by Frichuela » Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:53 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
pcbothwel wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Whenever you get an extremely efficient 52 points, 15 rebounds, and 5 blocks from the center position against anyone - that's something to brag about. And KCP is on a tear - the first time in his career that's he's scored 20 plus in 3 straight games - all impressive games. Not good tanking, but winning is fun.

Fultz can't shoot 3s though.

He's kind of like Dinwiddie actually.

Yes but MUCH better defensively. 2 steals/per 36 averages.

I agree with Pcbothwel. I'd do Kuz + 55 for Fultz + 35.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Post#17 » by payitforward » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:01 pm

Frichuela wrote:...I agree with Pcbothwel. I'd do Kuz + 55 for Fultz + 35.

In a minute! But, I don't see them going for that offer....
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,447

Post#18 » by mhd » Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:03 pm

Cole Anthony sucks. I've been adamant about that for ages. Dude is a huge ballhog. Orlando would be wise to get rid of him ASAP.
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 837

Post#19 » by 9 and 20 » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:43 pm

I'd trade Kuzma for any of the Orlando guards I think. Frees up time for our young forwards and gives us a credible, non-journeyman option at guard. Added picks to balance things out are more peripheral and picks can be added or taken away as needed. Tommy can work his charm to get Dallas to throw us more picks in the meantime. Good idea!
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Ruzious » Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:58 pm

9 and 20 wrote:I'd trade Kuzma for any of the Orlando guards I think. Frees up time for our young forwards and gives us a credible, non-journeyman option at guard. Added picks to balance things out are more peripheral and picks can be added or taken away as needed. Tommy can work his charm to get Dallas to throw us more picks in the meantime. Good idea!

That could make sense, but it sounds like Kuz has preemptively made himself unpopular in Orlando and has been quoted as saying he'd rather be unpopular playing in LA than not get talked about playing in Orlando.

Return to Washington Wizards