ImageImageImageImageImage

GT #78: Bullets @ Celtics 1 PM (NBCSW/980 AM)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

THE TANK...

Will get re-started
50%
Will stay stalled
50%

Total votes: 2

dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Re: GT #78: Bullets @ Celtics 1 PM (NBCSW/980 AM) 

Post#41 » by dobrojim » Mon Apr 4, 2022 9:31 pm

I may be simply naive but I don't understand this, not just in this game but in almost every game,
why the 'protect the paint' against a theoretical or potential drive and leave the corner wide open.
Corner 3s are like the 2nd most valuable shot in the game after dunks/open layups

you're on D
There is an opp wing in the corner, but you're cheating off them so far you are maybe 2 steps from the paint.

I fail to see what this accomplishes. You can't contest the corner 3. You have to be close enough to either
deny the pass or at least contest the shot. Neither is done.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
Dolevi
Senior
And1: 402

Re: GT #78: Bullets @ Celtics 1 PM (NBCSW/980 AM) 

Post#42 » by Dolevi » Tue Apr 5, 2022 12:57 am

FAH1223 wrote:
CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Wes benched Deni for showing up a teammate after a mistake. I have no problem with that.

Deni got to play minutes later.

Game was over from tip.

I didn’t catch that, what he do?

He switched with Sato when it wasn't necessary which led to an open 3.

He then threw his hands up as if it was Sato's fault.

It was Deni's fault from switching when it wasn't necessary to not communicating the switch to throwing his hands up in disgust at a teammate.

Wes did one thing right today in teaching the kid a lesson.

I don't clearly remember if it was directly to Sato or just frustration, if that's the case anyway - learn the kid a true lesson. You don't teach him anything if you bring him back to the game.. Just let him be at the bench till the end otherwise there is no a punishment's affect. And btw, at least for me, it's pretty funny that one of the only guys in this team who actually tries to play defense and guard the best players of the opponent each night, needs to be punished while others don't give a **** about defense, yet they not getting punished.

Return to Washington Wizards