Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 8

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves - Part 8 

Post#501 » by gambitx777 » Mon May 15, 2023 11:26 am

Jay81 wrote:
Dat2U wrote:Ja is an idiot. He probably gets suspended a good chunk of next season. Memphis will probably be okay without him but he's seriously hurting his long term income potential as he's destroyed his brand.

Any chance Ted would trade for him lol?
0 Ted won't touch those kind of guys. That usually why we ends up with a bunch of good character dudes

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
GoneShammGone
Junior
And1: 168

Post#502 » by GoneShammGone » Mon May 15, 2023 1:54 pm

Dat2U wrote:Ja is an idiot. He probably gets suspended a good chunk of next season. Memphis will probably be okay without him but he's seriously hurting his long term income potential as he's destroyed his brand.

Could be even worse than that. He can't seem to sever connections in his life that are actively hurting him. Even with all the financial motivation in the world. Its very disturbing and giving Javaris Crittendon vibes. Hopefully he figures things out because he could end up losing more than money.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#503 » by Dat2U » Mon May 15, 2023 4:35 pm

GoneShammGone wrote:

Could be even worse than that. He can't seem to sever connections in his life that are actively hurting him. Even with all the financial motivation in the world. Its very disturbing and giving Javaris Crittendon vibes. Hopefully he figures things out because he could end up losing more than money.

No, don't blame his friends, blame him. Most basketball players probably own a gun or surrounded by friends that do. 99.98% are smart enough not play show & tell with their gun every chance they get (cough, Gil too liked to show em off to his detriment, cough).

His friend even tried to move the camera and play it off once he realized Ja pulled it out. This only on Ja. His friends are going to do what he does. Not the other way around.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#504 » by FAH1223 » Mon May 15, 2023 5:02 pm

Dat2U wrote:
GoneShammGone wrote:

No, don't blame his friends, blame him. Most basketball players probably own a gun or surrounded by friends that do. 99.98% are smart enough not play show & tell with their gun every chance they get (cough, Gil too liked to show em off to his detriment, cough).

His friend even tried to move the camera and play it off once he realized Ja pulled it out. This only on Ja. His friends are going to do what he does. Not the other way around.

His friend recording is also the same guy who pointed a laser at the Indiana Pacers in January (Nembhard and Ja got into it during the game IIRC)
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,334

Post#505 » by nate33 » Mon May 15, 2023 5:19 pm

Maybe we can finally be on the other end of a Chris Webber for Mitch Richmond trade!

Brad Beal for Ja Morant, anyone? It actually makes a lot of sense for Memphis position-wise (if you assume their management is woefully shortsighted, of course). Tyus Jones takes over at PG, Beal plays SG, and Bane moves to SF. That team could contend.
Jay81
Starter
And1: 480

Post#506 » by Jay81 » Mon May 15, 2023 5:23 pm

nate33 wrote:Maybe we can finally be on the other end of a Chris Webber for Mitch Richmond trade!

Brad Beal for Ja Morant, anyone? It actually makes a lot of sense for Memphis position-wise (if you assume their management is woefully shortsighted, of course). Tyus Jones takes over at PG, Beal plays SG, and Bane moves to SF. That team could contend.

id do that in a hearbeat.....do what it takes to rebab JA mind...even if its means him missing a year(tanking)
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#507 » by Kanyewest » Mon May 15, 2023 6:11 pm

nate33 wrote:Maybe we can finally be on the other end of a Chris Webber for Mitch Richmond trade!

Who would be Otis Thorpe?
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#508 » by FAH1223 » Tue May 16, 2023 3:19 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Post#509 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Thu May 18, 2023 4:03 am

Bucks interviewing Joseph Blair. Go-go for it dudes.
In Rizzo we trust
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#510 » by closg00 » Fri May 26, 2023 2:48 pm

I really enjoyed this, Lofton will have to lose weight if he wants a long career though.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Post#511 » by payitforward » Fri May 26, 2023 4:05 pm

I've been talking up Kenny Lofton Jr. since the 2022 Combine. &, of course, he has lost some weight.

Lofton was 1 of the count 'em 5 rookies Memphis added last off-season (right after winning 56 games & going deep into the playoffs!).

He was on a 2-way contract most of the season, but when Memphis waived Kennedy Chandler* they converted him to a regular roster player.

Guys with his level of talent don't grow on trees. Doesn't mean he'll make it in the league -- but he has a shot to be an outstanding player!

* I've written this before: we should definitely sign Kennedy Chandler to... some kind of deal: 2-way,
Exhibit 10, something.... He was #6 on the RSCI top 100 coming out of high school only two years ago.
This is another kid with a ton of talent. He needs to remake his shot -- even his free throw shot! -- &
he may not be able to. But, he's worth the small investment it would take to bring him in.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#512 » by gambitx777 » Fri May 26, 2023 4:12 pm

payitforward wrote:I've been talking up Kenny Lofton Jr. since the 2022 Combine. &, of course, he has lost some weight.

Lofton was 1 of the count 'em 5 rookies Memphis added last off-season (right after winning 56 games & going deep into the playoffs!).

He was on a 2-way contract most of the season, but when Memphis waived Kennedy Chandler* they converted him to a regular roster player.

Guys with his level of talent don't grow on trees. Doesn't mean he'll make it in the league -- but he has a shot to be an outstanding player!

* I've written this before: we should definitely sign Kennedy Chandler to... some kind of deal: 2-way,
Exhibit 10, something.... He was #6 on the RSCI top 100 coming out of high school only two years ago.
This is another kid with a ton of talent. He needs to remake his shot -- even his free throw shot! -- &
he may not be able to. But, he's worth the small investment it would take to bring him in.
As you recall I was begging to draw Kennedy Chandler last year. When he fell down the boards I wanted him so bad! The fact that he fell out on the first blew my mind.

closg00
RealGM

Post#513 » by closg00 » Fri May 26, 2023 5:49 pm

payitforward wrote:I've been talking up Kenny Lofton Jr. since the 2022 Combine. &, of course, he has lost some weight.

You were absolutely right about him, and I was wrong big-time, I've never seen a guy this size ball like this.
Endless Loop
Sophomore
And1: 174

Post#514 » by Endless Loop » Fri May 26, 2023 7:40 pm

closg00 wrote:
You were absolutely right about him, and I was wrong big-time, I've never seen a guy this size ball like this.

The great Round Mound of Rebound weighed 295 pounds in college. (Charles Barkley)

BTW, the Bullets missed drafting him by one spot. Instead they drafted Mel Turpin, leaving John Stockton and a host of other better players for other teams.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#515 » by payitforward » Sun May 28, 2023 3:11 pm

gambitx777 wrote:

As you recall I was begging to draw Kennedy Chandler last year. When he fell down the boards I wanted him so bad! The fact that he fell out on the first blew my mind.

Yup, I remember -- you & Zards were both high on the kid.

Some people raised questions about his FT shooting -- & since he shot 46% on them this year, I guess you'd have to say they were right to bring up the issue! :)
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#517 » by payitforward » Tue May 30, 2023 8:24 pm

Great to see him do so well. I like his identical twin brother Cody as well.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#518 » by gambitx777 » Fri Jun 9, 2023 4:09 pm

Man this Zion drama is wild !

PaulinVA
Sophomore
And1: 89

Post#519 » by PaulinVA » Fri Jun 9, 2023 10:00 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
closg00
RealGM

Post#520 » by closg00 » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:57 pm

Another 22 rookie to keep your eye on, Denvers 21st pick Christian Braun, he doesn't get much PT, but he did well in the game he played 15 minutes.
https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-finals-rare-rookie-christian-braun-provides-needed-spark-for-nuggets-in-game-3-063327667.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Return to Washington Wizards