Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXXI 

Post#961 » by montestewart » Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:30 pm

Read on Twitter

Trumpist hypocrisy: Texas Senator tired of camping indoors books a trip to Cancun to escape record snowfall in Texas, right after criticizing Democrats for taking vacations during crises.

Read on Twitter

Cruz does NOTHING to address 5 MILLION Texans without power in sub-freezing winter nights, due to the failure of the proud, isolated, and largely unregulated Texas power grid, which many Texas and national critics predicted would happen and Cruz did nothing to prevent, in line with his opposition to government helping people overreach.

Cruz doesn’t care. All he does is serve preachy, cheesy jokes as aphorisms, and his uncharismatic obnoxiousness paved the way for the more charismatic Trump and ushered in the even more blandly obnoxious Desantis.

Cruz always with the "hypocrisy" libel on liberals. His own party is led by Trump, who governs by whim and is entirely unable to admit error, in public or in private. GOP officeholders will say anything to sow fear, without the slightest concern for accuracy, consistency, logic, or hindsight. Most supporters eat it up like a puppet show audience, emoting on cue in the GOPassion Play they have committed to memory, fueling stale plots with freshly fabricated outrage. The unstated endgame depends on anger and instability. Hypocrisy, lies, slander, fake news, etc. are all just tools in the neofascist arsenal, deployed for the whiter good.

(Here's a tip, Ted: when they round up the non-whites, all Northern Montana militia will hear is "Cruz." Time to change your name to Ted "Bottom Gun" Cruise, before you get put in the cage.)

PS: Stop bragging about Trump rally attendance, Everyone sees those leaked photos of the small, half-empty "arenas." If Bachman Turner Overdrive reformed (with whichever members are still alive, surely all of them Trump's age) and toured the US, they would probably draw similar crowds. And they'd be charging money. If you've never heard of Bachman Turner Overdrive, I rest my case. It's time for Trump to roll on down the highway.

Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,185

Post#962 » by Zonkerbl » Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:28 am

I think you just need to go to your local school board and start asking the Republican school board members pointed questions about all this stuff, like "Do you believe applying for asylum is illegal?"
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#963 » by Zonkerbl » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:27 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#964 » by Zonkerbl » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:41 pm

Do you think it's illegal to apply for asylum?
Can a person be illegal?
Is it ok to lie to an asylum seeker in order to trick them into missing their next check in and get deported?
Are immigrants from central and south america people with rights?
Would you ever agree to exterminate all immigrants?

Should a pregnant, ten year old rape victim be forced to carry her baby to term?
Should women be denied life saving medication if it might, in other contexts, be used for abortion?
Would it be ok to force a doctor to kill a woman to save a fetus' life?
Is it ok to murder doctors who perform abortions?
Is it murder to masturbate?

Do transgender people have rights? Which rights do you think they shouldn't have?
Is it ok to force transgender adults to detransition?
What effect do puberty blockers have on four year olds?
How many suicides of transgender teenagers is acceptable?
Is it ok to murder transgender people?

What does "woke" mean? What does "CRT" mean?
Should it be illegal to make white people uncomfortable?
Why isn't it illegal to make black people uncomfortable?
Do you hate black people?
Is it ok to murder "n*****" lovers, like Antifa?
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#965 » by pancakes3 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:33 pm

5th Circuit (after an up and down to SCOTUS re: a temporary injunction) ultimately upholds Texas statute that bars social media companies from moderating content, which is just... ::explode:: but the silver lining is that I will be throwing that back into Monte's face the next time he tries to tone police me. Notable line from the opinion: "This law does not chill speech; it chills censorship."

https://www.lawfareblog.com/fifth-circuit-upholds-texas-social-media-law

Rubio responds to BusinessInsider's request for comment re: Graham's proposed abortion ban with what I can only describe as either lazy, uninspired snark or incredible satire:

https://news.yahoo.com/read-weird-email-marco-rubio-204129779.html
Bullets -> Wizards
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#966 » by dobrojim » Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:37 pm

pancakes3 wrote:5th Circuit (after an up and down to SCOTUS re: a temporary injunction) ultimately upholds Texas statute that bars social media companies from moderating content, which is just... ::explode:: but the silver lining is that I will be throwing that back into Monte's face the next time he tries to tone police me. Notable line from the opinion: "This law does not chill speech; it chills censorship."

https://www.lawfareblog.com/fifth-circuit-upholds-texas-social-media-law

Rubio responds to BusinessInsider's request for comment re: Graham's proposed abortion ban with what I can only describe as either lazy, uninspired snark or incredible satire:

https://news.yahoo.com/read-weird-email-marco-rubio-204129779.html

How bizarre. But it's actually a potentially hopeful sign that all the recent news
about shifts in polling, voter enthusiasm, and new (female) voter registration has
GOP candidates scared $h!tless in the famous words of Stephen Stills (Woodstock).
Sorry Lil' Marco, the GOP is the dog that in trying to catch the car, may have
gotten run over by it.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#967 » by montestewart » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:14 am

Remember when Rubio was giving the Republican response to the state of the union address? He was chosen because he was a young pretty boy and the Republicans were desperately trying to look pretty, but he was so ill-prepared that he had cotton mouth and he had to pause and drink a bunch of water in the middle of his blandly gung ho rebuttal.

Then when he was debating Trump he went for hand size equals penis size. Total clown. He’s been savaged by Trump so many times and he still kisses the ring. Such a shallow, spineless, conniving wannabe, a cross between Ted Cruz and an underwear model.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#968 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:30 am

Special master says "ok quit screwing around, submit your documentation that these docs are declassified." Trump's response: "Neener neener"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-attorneys-resist-judge-request-to-clarify-declassification-actions/

DOJ tells special master to suck it

Read on Twitter
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#969 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:24 pm

Russian military genius at work

Read on Twitter
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#970 » by Wizardspride » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:22 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=fOXMQq34KsG0eJ2E1cQSqA&s=19

Read on Twitter
?t=pAdfc5ZZAvZGYgEMQf_n0w&s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,687

Post#971 » by Pointgod » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:33 pm

At this point you have to be mentally deficient to believe a pathological lying creep and the party that sucks his balls. Literally a 6 year old could out logic Republicans and Trump’s lawyer.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#972 » by Pointgod » Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:42 pm

Read on Twitter
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#973 » by dobrojim » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:47 pm

I suspect DCK is working hard in TX to flip the state. Obviously if the GOP fails to win
in TX, it's game over. Speaking of which, TX is reportedly the worst state in the union
when it comes to making it hard to vote. Maybe some day those restrictions will
backfire and/or be overcome by voter enthusiasm.

pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#974 » by pancakes3 » Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:08 pm

I was reading this story: https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjkzx7/qanon-simpsons-episode

which linked to this story: https://www.vice.com/en/article/v7v3a4/qanon-igor-lanis-walled-lake-michigan-murder

and it's just like... how do you even react to something like this?

I guess it's just "lol, that's vice, they're a lib rag, can't believe what you read there - media lies"

ok. doesn't change what actually happened though.

https://news.yahoo.com/qanon-creator-q-returns-nearly-034505720.html links to 2 more q-related killings

and again, it's just like, how do you even engage with politics any more?
Bullets -> Wizards
Pointgod
RealGM

Post#975 » by Pointgod » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:46 am

Read on Twitter
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,365

Post#976 » by verbal8 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:08 am

montestewart wrote:Remember when Rubio was giving the Republican response to the state of the union address? He was chosen because he was a young pretty boy and the Republicans were desperately trying to look pretty, but he was so ill-prepared that he had cotton mouth and he had to pause and drink a bunch of water in the middle of his blandly gung ho rebuttal.

Then when he was debating Trump he went for hand size equals penis size. Total clown. He’s been savaged by Trump so many times and he still kisses the ring. Such a shallow, spineless, conniving wannabe, a cross between Ted Cruz and an underwear model.

I think Rubio and Kevin McCarthy are under the dictionary definition of political lightweight.
verbal8
General Manager

Post#977 » by verbal8 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:12 am

Zonkerbl wrote:Russian military genius at work

Read on Twitter

I think the mobilization attempt by Putin will only be slightly more successful. Russia has had plenty of soldiers and weapons and little to no recent military progress to show for it. I think this will mainly increase the domestic cost to Putin. The big problems for the Russians have been morale, logistics and leadership. Arguably adding inexperienced troops to Ukraine will only make those worse.
verbal8
General Manager

Post#978 » by verbal8 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:22 am

[quote="dobrojim"
]I suspect DCK is working hard in TX to flip the state. Obviously if the GOP fails to win
in TX, it's game over. Speaking of which, TX is reportedly the worst state in the union
when it comes to making it hard to vote. Maybe some day those restrictions will
backfire and/or be overcome by voter enthusiasm.
[/quote]

It is pretty clear in Texas that the GOP is choosing structural policies such as widespread voter suppression and riling up the worst of their base to maintain minority rule vs. any significant attempts at expanding the party. At some point soon Texas will have a diverse and more moderate voting population. I am not sure the GOP has much of a chance in election that rely on pursuading voters, even if they may have some conservative tendencies.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#979 » by queridiculo » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:35 pm

Pointgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

Nearly 6 in 10 latinos are millennials or younger.

Shocker that racism, a disregard for public safety and pushing antiscientific views is not a big hit with that demographic.
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#980 » by dobrojim » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:07 pm

pancakes3 wrote:I was reading this story: https://www.vice.com/en/article/qjkzx7/qanon-simpsons-episode

which linked to this story: https://www.vice.com/en/article/v7v3a4/qanon-igor-lanis-walled-lake-michigan-murder

and it's just like... how do you even react to something like this?

I guess it's just "lol, that's vice, they're a lib rag, can't believe what you read there - media lies"

ok. doesn't change what actually happened though.

https://news.yahoo.com/qanon-creator-q-returns-nearly-034505720.html links to 2 more q-related killings

and again, it's just like, how do you even engage with politics any more?

I fully expect the cult will come up with what they think is a reasonable explanation
for "something big" not happening on Saturday. It's what has happened in the past.
Rational and/or critical thinking is not their strong suit.

Return to Washington Wizards