ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread - Part XLIV

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Re: Official Trade Thread - Part XLIV 

Post#1881 » by WallToWall » Fri Feb 3, 2023 9:10 pm

If not a 2 team (Wiz, Nets) trade, then maybe the Wizards can play middle man, and get a more fitting PG/other player out of the deal....?
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,932

Post#1882 » by Frichuela » Fri Feb 3, 2023 9:18 pm

WallToWall wrote:If not a 2 team (Wiz, Nets) trade, then maybe the Wizards can play middle man, and get a more fitting PG/other player out of the deal....?

Not sure there is a deal that works for us.

Per Charania, the Lakers, Mavs and Suns are keen on trading for Irving. The only asset of these 3 that would pike my interest would be Cam Johnson in a 3-way deal where:

Wizards get Cam Johnson+Edwards
Nets get Paul+Kuzma
Suns get Kyrie

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=b9PjLlcYt91S_zbIjhKg9w
Tyrone Messby
Bench Warmer
And1: 417

Post#1883 » by Tyrone Messby » Fri Feb 3, 2023 9:23 pm

It’s not like Kyrie is going to mess up the chemistry of this team :lol: They’re already terrible. Trade for Kyrie and let him walk when it’s time. But we are too dumb to do that. We are going to end up re-signing Kuzma to a 25-30 mil deal and continue to finish 11-12th in the standings. TRADE BEAL and KUZMA before the trade deadline this season. It won’t happen though.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,731

Post#1884 » by gambitx777 » Fri Feb 3, 2023 9:30 pm

The only and I mean only team that should trade for Kyrie is the Lakers. Because maybe and I mean maybe labron is the only guy that might be able to keep his ass in line. And that's a stretch.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 958

Post#1885 » by tleikheen » Fri Feb 3, 2023 9:33 pm

This might be even more palatable to the Wiz fans ......

Kuzma,Morris and Barton $36 mil for Irving $36 mil

Brooklyn might fit Kuzma's idea of his fashion plans ,Morris loses his position with Irving in the fold and Barton played himself out of Wash.

You get to keep Beal and PG) Kyrie ,SG) Beal SF) Avidja PF) KP C) Gaff ....... they become a deep playoff threat
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,932

Post#1886 » by Frichuela » Fri Feb 3, 2023 9:34 pm

Frichuela wrote:
WallToWall wrote:If not a 2 team (Wiz, Nets) trade, then maybe the Wizards can play middle man, and get a more fitting PG/other player out of the deal....?

Not sure there is a deal that works for us.

Per Charania, the Lakers, Mavs and Suns are keen on trading for Irving. The only asset of these 3 that would pike my interest would be Cam Johnson in a 3-way deal where:

Wizards get Cam Johnson+Edwards
Nets get Paul+Kuzma
Suns get Kyrie

Read on Twitter
?s=20&t=b9PjLlcYt91S_zbIjhKg9w

Even better we get Cam Johnson+Sharpe, and then our rotation becomes:

Morris/Wright
Beal/Nunn
Johnson/Kispert
Porzingis/Deni
Gafford/Sharpe/Carey or Gibson

Cam Johnson is a superb snipper and better defensively than Kuzma. IMHO a better fit than Kuzma in our current roster. He should be also cheaper to resign than Kuzma (plus he is an RFA). I'd say he'll probably take $90mn/4-years tops, which should give us a bit more breathing room under the tax.
Tyrone Messby
Bench Warmer
And1: 417

Post#1887 » by Tyrone Messby » Fri Feb 3, 2023 9:36 pm

Yeah a team with Kyrie might actually be entertaining. We seem to be a good rehabilitation team for many. Kyrie comes here, balls out and gets his value up and then leaves us in free agency, but at least we can watch some entertaining basketball until the inevitable. :lol:
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Post#1888 » by nate33 » Fri Feb 3, 2023 9:58 pm

Tyrone Messby wrote:It’s not like Kyrie is going to mess up the chemistry of this team :lol: They’re already terrible. Trade for Kyrie and let him walk when it’s time. But we are too dumb to do that. We are going to end up re-signing Kuzma to a 25-30 mil deal and continue to finish 11-12th in the standings. TRADE BEAL and KUZMA before the trade deadline this season. It won’t happen though.

If your argument is that Kuzma on a $25M is less useful than Kuzma just being off the team, that's fine. But that doesn't mean you make this Kyrie trade. What you should do is trade Kuzma for picks.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1889 » by nate33 » Fri Feb 3, 2023 10:04 pm

This Kyrie talk is utterly pointless. There are at least 10 teams with a stronger motivation than us to trade for Kyrie. It's not happening.

The only way I could see us being involved is in some sort of 3-way. The Lakers have only their future picks to trade for Kyrie, and the Nets presumably aren't interested in future picks. They want win now players. I'd be interested in being a middle man, taking on those picks from LA and giving Brooklyn some win-now talent.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1890 » by nate33 » Fri Feb 3, 2023 10:12 pm

What about this 3-way:

Washington sends: Beal + Carey Jr. + Todd
Washington receives: Westbrook, LAL 2027 1st, LAL 2029 1st, BRK 2023 1st

LA Lakers send: Westbrook, LA 2027 1st, LA 2029 1st
LA Lakers receive: Kyrie, Curry

Brooklyn sends: Kyrie, Curry, BRK 2023 1st
Brooklyn receives: Beal + Carey Jr. + Todd

We trade Beal for 3 1sts and dump Todd in the process. Brooklyn turns Kyrie into Beal. The Lakers get Kyrie.
bubba hotep
Freshman
And1: 29

Post#1891 » by bubba hotep » Fri Feb 3, 2023 11:03 pm

Count me in as someone who doesn't want Kyrie on the team. Would he even play for us? It seems his main beef with the Nets is that they're not going to offer him the full 5 year max extension, so he's angling to get to another team who will give it to him. Do we want to commit to 5 years, $242 millon worth of Kyrie Irving? He's probably the worst teammate in the league right now.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#1892 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri Feb 3, 2023 11:58 pm

There is a 0% chance that Ted oks signing Kyrie.

And I’m good with that.
In Rizzo we trust
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#1893 » by payitforward » Sat Feb 4, 2023 12:39 am

DCZards wrote:
payitforward wrote:Whoa there, Zards!!! I meant no such thing, & the thought that you, or any of my amigos here, would prioritize those characteristics of Kuz never passed through my mind even once.

PIF, I apologize if I misinterpreted your words. But there have been numerous times when you appear to admonish others on this board for not taking as seriously the stats and #s you subscribe to and/or for focusing solely on the points a player scores or his marketability....

No worries.
As to me, I have a whole lot of strongly held ideas & opinions -- in basketball & w/ respect to much else as well. If I've offended you or anyone at any time, & the offended person has called me on it, I believe I have always apologized -- at least I hope I always have.

payitforward wrote:...the idea of "clutch." Obviously, a made bucket in the first quarter has exactly the same impact on the final score as a made bucket in the last 5 minutes of the game. That's from the "competition" angle on the game. ... if you need it in the last 5 minutes, that means you didn't make it in quarter 1. & if you'd made it in quarter 1 you wouldn't need it in the last 5 minutes!

DCZards wrote:...I do believe there's such a thing as "clutch." I believe it can be more difficult to score in the last few mins of a game than it is in the first quarter....

Absolutely! Performance under pressure is difficult!
All the more reason to make those first quarter shots! :)

The idea of "clutch" kind of borrows from the dramatic arts; our attention is drawn when everything is on the line. When the meaning of something complex hinges on the words the dying hero will utter. Obviously, that's a big, & entirely legit, part of life.

You don't think the actor on the stage views the play that way, do you?

We don't watch basketball so that we can look at the statistics it produces! :) We watch basketball in order to experience the emotions associated with victory & defeat & to identify with those engaged in a contest for victory.

For that reason, how would one not respond to a made shot that gives us a 1-point win? Or, in the opposite direction, to a last-second 3-pointer by an opponent which snatches away a victory that only a moment earlier seemed to be in our hands?

Really what I meant is that I don't think there are a lot of people with that extreme "extra" gift -- the ability to perform significantly better under pressure than others do.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm not saying nobody has that gift. Michael Jordan certainly did, for example. But, it's pretty rare, & no I certainly don't think Kyle Kuzma has the gift -- tho if he makes a last second shot that wins a game I may entertain the thought for a moment: I may turn him into a hero in my mind, as fans do.

But, when we step away from the experiential relationship to a game -- step away from watching it unfold, having a big commitment to our team in the game, etc. -- & start to analyze basketball games, well... we need to do that from a different angle & with different analytical tools.

Arithmetic is not the only one of those "analytical tools" that counts, & maybe it's not the most important one, but it is one that can't be overthrown. It doesn't lie, & it doesn't favor anyone based on any extraneous factor. Hence, if you make 2 more buckets in the first quarter that is more helpful in winning the game than is one bucket late in the 4th quarter.

At the end of all the above blah blah, let me restate the main point: Kyle Kuzma is not a particularly good NBA player.

In fact, even if Kuz had a slightly elevated ability to perform "in the crunch," it wouldn't be a reason to pay him big $$, precisely because he doesn't, as it were, make them in the first quarter. Overall, he isn't a very good performer. & that jumps out from the numbers!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#1894 » by miller31time » Sat Feb 4, 2023 2:16 am

For as much as I complain about this organization, I’d rather treadmill for the next decade than win with Kyrie.
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 958

Post#1895 » by tleikheen » Sat Feb 4, 2023 2:17 am

He's probably the worst teammate in the league right now.

How utterly clueless .......the 2 best players of our immediate generation Lebron and Durant want to play with him. By the way they've (Lebron &KD) used they're power to get paid and choose who they want to play with . Kyrie is smoking hot and is using his worth to get pd and influence where he'll play next also.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#1896 » by Dat2U » Sat Feb 4, 2023 2:54 am

nate33 wrote:This Kyrie talk is utterly pointless. There are at least 10 teams with a stronger motivation than us to trade for Kyrie. It's not happening.

The only way I could see us being involved is in some sort of 3-way. The Lakers have only their future picks to trade for Kyrie, and the Nets presumably aren't interested in future picks. They want win now players. I'd be interested in being a middle man, taking on those picks from LA and giving Brooklyn some win-now talent.

Wiz pride themselves on having good human beings who also play basketball and don't rock the boat. Kyrie is the uber talented basketball savant, a 'self thinker' and controversial figure who is ALWAYS looking to rock the boat. I'm 100% certain Leonsis and Shepp want nothing to do with him and wouldn't take him for free if offered. Wiz have never employed a win at all costs strategy and its not likely to start now... and thats what Kyrie represents.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#1897 » by Dat2U » Sat Feb 4, 2023 2:56 am

miller31time wrote:For as much as I complain about this organization, I’d rather treadmill for the next decade than win with Kyrie.

I think thats a rather silly position to take but sadly that's probably how the front office thinks as well.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,163

Post#1898 » by AFM » Sat Feb 4, 2023 2:58 am

Beggars can't be choosers. And we're the ultimate beggars. Panhandling ass team.
bubba hotep
Freshman
And1: 29

Post#1899 » by bubba hotep » Sat Feb 4, 2023 3:05 am

tleikheen wrote:
He's probably the worst teammate in the league right now.

How utterly clueless .......the 2 best players of our immediate generation Lebron and Durant want to play with him. By the way they've (Lebron &KD) used they're power to get paid and choose who they want to play with . Kyrie is smoking hot and is using his worth to get pd and influence where he'll play next also.

If I'm one of his teammates on the Nets, I'm **** pissed at him right now. You're going to dip because the Nets wont give you a 5 year max? When you've done jack **** to make them want to anyway?

KD should be pissed at Kyrie right now. He's basically tanked his chance at competing for a title 2/3 years he's been together with him in Brooklyn. That is, if either of them care about winning at all at this stage of their careers.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#1900 » by FAH1223 » Sat Feb 4, 2023 9:16 am

Return to Washington Wizards