ImageImageImageImageImage

GT #48: Bullets @ Rockets 8 PM (NBCSW/1500 AM)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

YOUR WINNER..

John Wall's 1st team
No votes
John Wall's 2nd team
No votes

Total votes: 0

gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Re: GT #48: Bullets @ Rockets 8 PM (NBCSW/1500 AM) 

Post#41 » by gambitx777 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:01 am

My boy CARRY JR . 6 minutes 3 bords and an assist. Pretty good for 6 minutes he should get tajs minutes for sure. Dude can rebound like a monster. Bench tajs old ass and play your young stud rebounder.

Nunn looked good. If he plays well we might keep him. But I hope Tommy is smart enough to get his value up and move him to the bucks or something for some second rounders.

Off night for Beal, but solid win. I know Luz has his issues. But man is this guy on fire.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#42 » by gambitx777 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:02 am

This should probably be in the former wizards thread.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,354

Post#43 » by Kanyewest » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:25 am

Wizards now 9-2 when Beal and Wright play. In reality 9-1 because Beal left the Bucks game in the 1st quarter with an injury. The only loss came in OT against the Cavs.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#44 » by FAH1223 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:46 am

Read on Twitter

Distracted by Porzingis and Boban in the background here
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,874

Post#45 » by payitforward » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:12 pm

Nunn seems like a nice kid -- hope he takes hold with us.

"Porzingis and Boban in the background" -- to my amazement, it looked to me like Boban's eyebrow line was just that little bit above KP's.

Made it appear that he was looking down just a little bit when he looked at KP -- won't see that very often! :)
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#46 » by payitforward » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:55 pm

Sengun, Martin Jr., & Jae'Sean Tate did their best to win the game for Houston.

This was my first chance to watch Sengun at length -- he is a very talented kid! Went one pick after Kispert in '21. He had a rough rookie year, but he's looking really solid this year.

I've called KMart Jr. one of the best young players in the game, & if you take a look at his line last night you should understand pretty easily what I mean. He is very very good -- & he went #52 in the 2020 draft -- 1 pick before we took Cassius Winston. I wonder whether we'd have taken him had he been there?

Jae'Sean Tate -- like Kendrick Nunn -- came out of the Big 10 in 2018 & went undrafted. He's become a solid journeyman. If he ever learns to shoot the 3 at an average rate for a wing he'll be more than that.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#47 » by DCZards » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:57 pm

payitforward wrote:Nunn seems like a nice kid -- hope he takes hold with us.

"Porzingis and Boban in the background" -- to my amazement, it looked to me like Boban's eyebrow line was just that little bit above KP's.

Made it appear that he was looking down just a little bit when he looked at KP -- won't see that very often! :)

Nunn had two solid seasons with Miami. He was runner-up to Morant for rookie of the year in the 2019-2020 season and shot 38% from 3 on almost 6 attempts his second year with Miami.

Nunn signed with the Lakers and sat out the entire 2021-2022 season with a knee injury. He came back this season to a Laker team that also included Westbrook, Schroeder and Beverly in the backcourt.

Nunn is likely just physically rounding into shape after sitting out all of last year. He had 6 games this month with the Lakers where he scored in double figures...in limited minutes.

It will be interesting to see how Nunn looks as a Zard the rest of the season.
badinage
Bench Warmer
And1: 884

Post#48 » by badinage » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:57 pm

Flame me if you want, but I enjoyed the game.

They went on a great run there in the second half — really fun to watch — that turned things around. Kuzma was absolutely spectacular after halftime (and of course gets no love here, zero, zippo, after a 28-point SECOND HALF). Deni had another really good game (should have had 12 — missed goaltending call — and really ought to have had 14 or 16, if some bunnies had fallen; but he’s getting to the cup, more and more; and that D; and that playmaking — set up a number of guys with open shots, and even his knifing into the lane that didn’t pay off for him, did for others). Nunn was a huge spark — he’s got burst and a jitterbuggish wiggle (no one on this team has that wiggle) and what I loved was his help D; he can really rotate, and was quick to cover inside and out — something Rui didn’t bring.

Second straight win without their best player. And second win on the road on the second night of a b2b.

Was this a win of consequence? An earth-shattering development? Will I remember it 9 months from now? No and no and no.

But did I have a good time? Was it fun? Did it provide deep pleasure in the moment? Yes and yes and yes.

Y’all could stand to be more zen about this.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#49 » by pancakes3 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:42 pm

i'm w badinage. I like our squad, and i like the way that we play. i like that the offense is diverse and lots of different players are involved. i like that we have players that pride themselves on defense, and i like that even though we don't have the wins to show for it, we're playing competitively and not just blatantly tanking.

sure there is room for improvement - a lot of room, but like badinage said, it's fun to watch. i like how Deni is improving or at least appears to improve, albeit inconsistently. i think Kuzma is improving in the same way. I still think he's just as good as the young guys the lakers had pre-Lebron (Ingram, Randle, DLo) even if Ingram has a higher ceiling and Randle has better numbers - definitely better than DLo. Very good second-tier wing who can create for himself but also recognizes that he's a second-tier guy and doesn't jack it up.
Bullets -> Wizards
Jay81
Starter
And1: 480

Post#50 » by Jay81 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:11 pm

catastrophic win
badinage
Bench Warmer

Post#51 » by badinage » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:28 pm

Jay81 wrote:catastrophic win

If you’re a catastropher, you see catastrophe everywhere.
badinage
Bench Warmer

Post#52 » by badinage » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:29 pm

pancakes3 wrote:i'm w badinage. I like our squad, and i like the way that we play. i like that the offense is diverse and lots of different players are involved. i like that we have players that pride themselves on defense, and i like that even though we don't have the wins to show for it, we're playing competitively and not just blatantly tanking.

sure there is room for improvement - a lot of room, but like badinage said, it's fun to watch. i like how Deni is improving or at least appears to improve, albeit inconsistently. i think Kuzma is improving in the same way. I still think he's just as good as the young guys the lakers had pre-Lebron (Ingram, Randle, DLo) even if Ingram has a higher ceiling and Randle has better numbers - definitely better than DLo. Very good second-tier wing who can create for himself but also recognizes that he's a second-tier guy and doesn't jack it up.

Improvement — in any endeavor — doesn’t come in a straight line.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,354

Post#53 » by nate33 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:54 pm

DCZards wrote:

Nunn had two solid seasons with Miami. He was runner-up to Morant for rookie of the year in the 2019-2020 season and shot 38% from 3 on almost 6 attempts his second year with Miami.

Nunn signed with the Lakers and sat out the entire 2021-2022 season with a knee injury. He came back this season to a Laker team that also included Westbrook, Schroeder and Beverly in the backcourt.

Nunn is likely just physically rounding into shape after sitting out all of last year. He had 6 games this month with the Lakers where he scored in double figures...in limited minutes.

Let's hope he plays so well that it convinces Ted to trade Beal and rebuild.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#54 » by payitforward » Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:51 pm

DCZards wrote:

Nunn did get a fair amount of props his rookie season. Great to see a kid come out of nowhere & earn 2000 minutes!
But of course popularity contests don't necessarily relate to production. He was much better his second year -- shot the ball great! Not just 3-pointers either -- .583 on 2's & .933 on FTAs.

Of course if he extends his 22 minutes last night to the same level of output/efficiency for 2200 minutes... he'll win MVP !! :)
Endless Loop
Sophomore
And1: 175

Post#55 » by Endless Loop » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:40 pm

Isn't Nunn a free agent after the season?
And don't a lot of us think that Tommy traded Rui to make room to re-sign Kuz?

If all that's true, then it doesn't matter how well Nunn does, does it? Because he's a rental.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#56 » by payitforward » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:48 am

Endless Loop wrote:Isn't Nunn a free agent after the season?
And don't a lot of us think that Tommy traded Rui to make room to re-sign Kuz?

If all that's true, then it doesn't matter how well Nunn does, does it? Because he's a rental.

There's no way to "make room" for Kuz. Giving him a $20m/year deal will push us into tax territory.

In any case, whether we re-sign Kuz or not, we will need a 15-player roster next year.

As it is, assuming we pick up Carey's option for next year & sign Goodwin for $2m, we're at @$136m for 12 players. Our R1 pick will cost @$5m, & our R2 pick (which we will be certain to make, because it's a cheap young prospect) will cost @ $1m.

That puts us at 14 players for $142m -- @$20m under the tax. Just enough room to pay Kuz $20m, sneak under the tax barrier, & win 35-37 games again.

Sweet, huh?
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#57 » by montestewart » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:35 pm

badinage wrote:

Catastropher, good word!
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Post#58 » by doclinkin » Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:40 pm

montestewart wrote:
badinage wrote:

Catastropher, good word!

It's ji though, He takes it to another level. Our man ji is a catastrofeetereologist.

Return to Washington Wizards