ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread Part XLV

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,868

Re: Official Trade Thread Part XLV 

Post#601 » by payitforward » Tue May 30, 2023 12:56 am

pcbothwel wrote:...Every day that goes by makes me more assured that Beal will be here to start the year. Winger knows that Beal is biggest opportunity to rebuild and he’ll take his time getting the right offer. Winger is a big thinker/creative guy with trades/contracts. I could see him taking calls over months putting this together.
I think we’ll focus on the draft and how to deal with KP & Kuz before worrying about Beal.

Makes a lot sense -- you are very likely very right!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,927

Post#602 » by Frichuela » Tue May 30, 2023 2:35 am

Looking at the Celtics debacle right now, it may be that the Brown for Beal trade is a possibility…Brown with 8 turnovers and 1/8 from 3 tonite… :roll:
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 832

Post#603 » by 9 and 20 » Tue May 30, 2023 2:51 am

Frichuela wrote:Looking at the Celtics debacle right now, it may be that the Brown for Beal trade is a possibility…Brown with 8 turnovers and 1/8 from 3 tonite… :roll:

Definitely Beal to Boston will be a thing. Beal to Miami, too depending on what happens in the finals.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#604 » by gambitx777 » Tue May 30, 2023 3:02 am

9 and 20 wrote:
Frichuela wrote:Looking at the Celtics debacle right now, it may be that the Brown for Beal trade is a possibility…Brown with 8 turnovers and 1/8 from 3 tonite… :roll:

Definitely Beal to Boston will be a thing. Beal to Miami, too depending on what happens in the finals.
I mean they might do that any way to try and repeat if they win!
If the deal is Lowery, oladipo, Jovic and picks
For Beal they loose nothing player wise gain Beal and a starting 5 of Beal/hero/Jimmy/someone bam is really good.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,969

Post#605 » by FAH1223 » Tue May 30, 2023 5:48 am

They will never trade a younger Brown for an older Beal.

If you want Beal in BOS, you need to be ok with only getting something like White/Brogdon and one of the few 1st rounders BOS has left.

OR it becomes a three or four team deal where Wizards can get better draft capital and talent that is younger.
Silvie Lysandra
Starter
And1: 365

Post#606 » by Silvie Lysandra » Tue May 30, 2023 1:22 pm

Beal for Brown is a trade where it's the *Wizards* laughing and hanging up the phone. Supermaxing Brown would actually be *worse* than supermaxing Beal.

Beal is at *worst* = Brown (and has generally been better) , and while Brown is younger, he's going into his age 27 season; how much upside does Brown have realistically?
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,446

Post#607 » by mhd » Tue May 30, 2023 1:24 pm

Chaos Revenant wrote:Beal for Brown is a trade where it's the *Wizards* laughing and hanging up the phone. Supermaxing Brown would actually be *worse* than supermaxing Beal.

Beal is at *worst* = Brown (and has generally been better) , and while Brown is younger, he's going into his age 27 season; how much upside does Brown have realistically?

Yup. Put Brown as a #1, and his value decreases. He only has age over Beal. Beal can actually dribble! Beal would enhance Boston much more than Brown does. I want no part of Brown and his expected extension.
Tyrone Messby
Bench Warmer
And1: 417

Post#608 » by Tyrone Messby » Tue May 30, 2023 1:47 pm

I would take Brown over Beal every day of the week. Brown was playing with an injured hand. People forget how good he was in the playoffs last year. He outperformed Tatum in the Finals too.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#609 » by gambitx777 » Tue May 30, 2023 1:50 pm

Tyrone Messby wrote:I would take Brown over Beal every day of the week. Brown was playing with an injured hand. People forget how good he was in the playoffs last year. He outperformed Tatum in the Finals too.
This is just Beal hater talk. No season has brown been a better player than Beal. He's never been a good ball handler before the injury and after will he ever improve at 27 with a potentially never 100 percent hand. I want no parts of brown.

pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#610 » by pcbothwel » Tue May 30, 2023 2:58 pm

mhd wrote:
Chaos Revenant wrote:Beal for Brown is a trade where it's the *Wizards* laughing and hanging up the phone. Supermaxing Brown would actually be *worse* than supermaxing Beal.

Yup. Put Brown as a #1, and his value decreases. He only has age over Beal. Beal can actually dribble! Beal would enhance Boston much more than Brown does. I want no part of Brown and his expected extension.

Agreed. I was always weary of all the Beal for Brown talk. The only reason to do it would be to ship him to a 3rd team...thats it. To me, Im watching for a couple sleeper teams to throw their hat in the Beal ring.
If Orlando and/or San Antonio look like competent teams they could be in the mix.
The Spurs have Wemby and might want to make a quick 3-4 year run during his rookie contract to turn the ship around. Pop is old and they seem over the rebuild.
Their 1 round picks of 2-guards Primo, Wesley, and Branham have looked pretty bad so far, so I could see them providing us with a couple filler contracts and protected 1st(s) for Beal around the deadline.

Orlando already has their Melo-like Star in Banchero, with Wagner as a great compliment. Add in Ausar and Gradey Dick and you have a real interesting team that will need to start consolidating pieces sooner than later. They could have the following team with 30M+ in cap space for 2024.
Suggs
Beal
Wagner
Banchero
Carter

Super Subs: Gradey Dick and Ausar Thompson.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,304

Post#611 » by nate33 » Tue May 30, 2023 3:19 pm

Tyrone Messby wrote:I would take Brown over Beal every day of the week. Brown was playing with an injured hand. People forget how good he was in the playoffs last year. He outperformed Tatum in the Finals too.

I agree. Brown is better than Beal. He is slightly worse as an offensive player due to his lack of vision, but he is a much better defender.

I know Brown was turnover-prone in the playoffs, but it's because of his injury. Over the past 3 regular seasons and his prior 2 playoff runs, his TS% and TOV% have been almost exactly the same as Beal's on almost exactly the same usage rate.
Silvie Lysandra
Starter
And1: 365

Post#612 » by Silvie Lysandra » Tue May 30, 2023 3:21 pm

a lot depends on how good Wemby looks right off the bat. If he's an above-average starter immediately and looks like he's going to be a top 10 player, you'll likely have better luck swinging for a Beal and trying to contend immediately, and if it doesn't work out, you let him go just in time to put another star (Luka? Tatum? Embiid?) around him.

I agree. Brown is better than Beal. He is slightly worse as an offensive player due to his lack of vision, but he is a much better defender.

Beal is slightly better to much better offensively (it depends if you see his current level as his new baseline going forward - its not even close if you think he's likely to return closer to his 15-17 form) and his defense, while notably worse, isn't worse enough to compensate (and Brown hasn't been a plus defender in a while, and he seems to be regressing on that end). And Brown's issues offensively would be incredibly exposed on the Wizards as opposed to playing off Tatum. Bradley Beal is pretty mediocre as a lead playmaking guard - Brown in that role would be an absolute **** (and imo, only guards who can be the primary ballhandler/playmaker are true max players, whether they're creating for themselves or others)
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#613 » by gambitx777 » Tue May 30, 2023 4:00 pm

Orlando has some interesting options for a Beal trade
My fav would be this
Brad, Todd, Gill.
For
Isaac , Harris, MCW, #11 #36. Orlando 2024 first And a 2025,2026, and 2027 second.

We remove Todd and don't have to pay Gill. We can then trade individually to max out assets. If not You buy out MCW and Harris then decide a course of action on Isaac probably cut him his deal has no guarantees left. Orland has an extra second almost every year this decade.
We get nothing of real value player wise with Issac being made of peanut brittle.

We get two firsts fo Beal and 4 seconds that is a haul.

Orlando still has the 6th pick and all it's healthy good young players and money. They still have cap room to resign mo or a free agent and the exceptions to add vets.

Wiz99
Analyst
And1: 160

Post#614 » by Wiz99 » Tue May 30, 2023 4:25 pm

Any appetite elsewhere in The Association for a Porzingas sign and trade?

I’m seriously nervous the Zinger we saw this season was an anomaly on the health front. That’ll make him harder to move cause it’s a known issue. But I also don’t want another albatross contract hanging around our necks, given how crippling those will be under the new CBA.
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#615 » by WallToWall » Tue May 30, 2023 5:04 pm

Here is a proposal for a "run it back" scenario. It would be worthwhile to see if we could "run it back" for half a season, and if we can, then great! If we cant, then we start a fire sale. We still will need a PG, and for that I would target Chris Paul. The Suns did fine without him, as he was out for some 30 games, and their core players dont necessarily benefit from his presence. I would try to convince Chris Paul that a player-coach, and a transition to an assistant coach are possibilities for him with the Wizards. A trade of: Gafford+ Morris + Gill + Todd FOR Paul + 2025 2nd rnd pick works in the trade checker. We can then sign Kuzma to whatever deal (I may be wrong here so correct if wrong). We will go over the cap, and Leonsis has said that he will pay the penalty, if its a worthwhile gamble. Maybe it is!
A team of Paul + Beal + Kispert + Kuzma + Porzingis would certainly be potent offensively, possibly ridiculously bad defensively, yet effective at collective/team rebounding. We can use the two 2024 2nd round picks to get some defensive minded bigs to help round out the bench, and go with Wright + Davis + Avdija. If things dont work as planned for half the season, then blow it all up, and begin the fire sale!
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 832

Post#616 » by 9 and 20 » Tue May 30, 2023 9:33 pm

Running it back would be shades of Ike and Tina (RIP). We're running it back, but this time, it's gonna be different. We've changed. I promise, baby.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#617 » by WallToWall » Wed May 31, 2023 4:12 pm

Just making the case for “run it back”. I’m in support of a full reset. A reset should have happened at least a year ago. However, if there was a reason to try to “run it back”, then adding a PG of that caliber would do it. If it didn’t work, and it would be evident in half a season, then reset is the only choice left.
Jay81
Starter
And1: 480

Post#618 » by Jay81 » Thu Jun 1, 2023 12:24 am

The east is weak….run it back with some luck and good drafting could get you a 6th seed. All depends on deni
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,446

Post#619 » by mhd » Thu Jun 1, 2023 1:03 am

My latest if we decide to move Beal...

Note, Deal only goes through if Scoot is there at 3:

Portland trades #3+Simons+Nurkic for Ingram+Nic Claxton
NO trades: #14+Ingram+CJ+Daniels for Beal+Ben Simmons+#3 (Scoot)
Nets trade: Ben Simmons+Claxton for CJ+Nurkic
Wiz trade: Beal for Simons+Daniels+#14

Why for Portland?
1). They accomplish the goal of getting an all-star caliber SF to pair with Dame.
2). Claxton is an upgrade over Nurkic. They also get off of Nurkic's longterm deal.

Why for New Orleans?
1). They gamble on Scoot. Herb Jones can slide in at SF, and they still have a boatload of future picks.
2). Beal replaces Ingram as the scoring wing.
3). They gamble on Ben Simmons. He comes "home" and will have zero pressure in the small media market of NO. He's only signed for two more years anyways.

Why for Brooklyn?
1). They get availability in CJ vs the uncertainty of Ben Simmons. With them not owning the rights to their pick next year, they might as well try and get better.

Why for the Wiz?
1). They get off of Beal and get a competent replacement in Anfernee Simons while getting a much needed young PG in Dyson Daniels and the 14th pick this year.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,350

Post#620 » by Kanyewest » Thu Jun 1, 2023 1:27 am

nate33 wrote:

I know Brown was turnover-prone in the playoffs, but it's because of his injury. Over the past 3 regular seasons and his prior 2 playoff runs, his TS% and TOV% have been almost exactly the same as Beal's on almost exactly the same usage rate.

Brown injured his right hand before the regular season- although most of his turnovers came when he went left. He did suffer another wrist injury to his left hand when he got tangled with Bam in game 1.
https://streamable.com/qulvmy

He has had a left wrist injury that was season ending but that was 2 seasons ago.

His turnover % against the Heat last year was at 14%.
His turnover % this season against the Heat was at 15%.

But yeah his hand injury may have affected his play. He had a 46 TS% in this series against the Heat. Although I believe he was dealing with a right wrist injury. injury against the 76ers and he had was at 65 TS%.

Return to Washington Wizards