NO
6%

Total votes: 33

tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,927

Re: The Official Kyle Kuzma Thread 

Post#901 » by tontoz » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:04 pm

Since Jan 1 Kuzma is taking 6.6 3s per game shooting 28%. That is no bueno.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,877

Post#902 » by payitforward » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:26 pm

Frichuela wrote:Kyle Kuzma aka efficiency be damned..

I have been vocal on my wish to trade him but I guess we have to reconcile ourselves to the fact that this FO sees Kuzma as a key cog here for the foreseeable future...while I am convinced Turd also pushes for Kyle to stay due to his perceived "marketability"...

& I've been plenty critical of Kuz.... But I don't think they see him as "a key cog."

After all, they said explicitly that if he'd said, 'yeah I'd be happy to go to Dallas' they'd have traded Kuz in the deal they were offered. Plus, they also said that they'd have taken a better offer.

Seems to me they think Kuz's trade value isn't going to decline any time soon, & that they can get an offer of the kind Dallas made any time.

As to Ted, he's another one of whom I've been plenty critical repeatedly. But I don't think he's involved in any discussion whatever of who Winger/Will trade or trade for.

Not at all. Not even a little bit.
He's got bigger fish to fry.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,360

Post#903 » by nate33 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:53 pm

Kuzma supporting his teammate after his big night:

Read on Twitter
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,163

Post#904 » by AFM » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:03 pm

Really hard to dislike Kuz.
Also we need a better nickname for Deni than Turbo. I was thinking "THE HEBREW HAMMER" but if any of the Israelis on this board can think of something more lore friendly I'm all ears.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#905 » by nate33 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:16 am

I like "Deni-god"
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#906 » by nate33 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:03 pm

Frichuela wrote:Excited for Deni’s future.

As discussed many times, confidence is the key and running plays for him. Deni needs the ball in his hands. I hope Kuz reins in his usage and let’s Deni run the show. We are much better off with Kuz increasing his catch and shoot opportunities, particularly from the corner 3.

Someone on Twitter pointed this out. Watch Kuzma at the 1:38 mark on this video. Kuzma recognized that Avdija was cooking and encouraged him to keep going at Luka.

(I can't figure out how to embed a clipped video so I had to include the whole thing.)
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,977

Post#907 » by DCZards » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:35 pm

^^^Saw the clip of Kuz declining a pass from Deni and urging him to attack Luka off the dribble instead. Like that Kuz is showing confidence in Deni...and thus helping Deni to be more confident.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,159

Post#908 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Fri Feb 16, 2024 5:45 pm

nate33 wrote:
Frichuela wrote:Excited for Deni’s future.

As discussed many times, confidence is the key and running plays for him. Deni needs the ball in his hands. I hope Kuz reins in his usage and let’s Deni run the show. We are much better off with Kuz increasing his catch and shoot opportunities, particularly from the corner 3.

Someone on Twitter pointed this out. Watch Kuzma at the 1:38 mark on this video. Kuzma recognized that Avdija was cooking and encouraged him to keep going at Luka.

(I can't figure out how to embed a clipped video so I had to include the whole thing.)

Yeah I noticed that in game, it was good to see.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,936

Post#909 » by Frichuela » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:08 pm

Are you listening Kyle? Probably not...

And the same applies to Poole obviously..

Read on Twitter
?s=20
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#910 » by closg00 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:20 am

Opening a restaurant in Gainesville, VA of all places, that’s a real commitment to staying the DMV.
https://www.facebook.com/share/v/hk4ai1iPzEikutbU/?
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,871

Post#911 » by Wizardspride » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:08 pm

closg00 wrote:Opening a restaurant in Gainesville, VA of all places, that’s a real commitment to staying the DMV.
https://www.facebook.com/share/v/hk4ai1iPzEikutbU/?

Yep.

I don't know what the future ultimately holds for Kyle but he genuinely seems to like living in the area.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
AFM
General Manager

Post#912 » by AFM » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:47 pm

Looks like he also opened a cafe in DC yesterday. The article makes it sound like he's the owner?
https://www.washingtonian.com/2024/04/18/wizards-star-opens-dc-cafe-with-strawberry-pop-tart-lattes-and-sea-moss-lemonades/

At risk of doxing myself, I actually live two doors down and was waiting for this place to open. Had no idea he was involved.
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 837

Post#913 » by 9 and 20 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:53 pm

AFM wrote:Looks like he also opened a cafe in DC yesterday. The article makes it sound like he's the owner?
https://www.washingtonian.com/2024/04/18/wizards-star-opens-dc-cafe-with-strawberry-pop-tart-lattes-and-sea-moss-lemonades/

At risk of doxing myself, I actually live two doors down and was waiting for this place to open. Had no idea he was involved.

Man what happened to U St. Strawberry pop tart latte. SMDH.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,871

Post#914 » by Wizardspride » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:58 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
trast66
Rookie
And1: 614

Post#915 » by trast66 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:26 pm

AFM wrote:Looks like he also opened a cafe in DC yesterday. The article makes it sound like he's the owner?

Need a review from you!
AFM
General Manager

Post#916 » by AFM » Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:12 pm

So I've been here 3 times now, mostly because they have a patio and the weather right now is pretty nice. It's a nice cafe. Worth traveling to? No, not really. But if you're in dupont/U St, it's a nice place to grab a coffee, certainly beats the starbucks at the corner of 16 and U. And no I didn't try the pop tarts since I'm not 12
dorianwrite
Rookie
And1: 273

Post#917 » by dorianwrite » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:49 pm

It's too bad that Three-Fifty Bakery got displaced by this. (Although they seem to have moved to a location down the street--which hasn't opened yet--it was a nice, quiet oasis in the old location.) I really respected the hustle Three-Fifty showed during the pandemic to make sure they survived.
AFM
General Manager

Post#918 » by AFM » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:05 pm

dorianwrite wrote:It's too bad that Three-Fifty Bakery got displaced by this. (Although they seem to have moved to a location down the street--which hasn't opened yet--it was a nice, quiet oasis in the old location.) I really respected the hustle Three-Fifty showed during the pandemic to make sure they survived.

I used to go there all the time, their baked goods were pretty good honestly...their customer service wasn't though and the interior layout was terrible. They moved to that building 4 or 5 blocks south that has been under renovation for years now and looks terrible. There's also 2 other cafes right there on that corner, I have no idea why they moved there...
dorianwrite
Rookie
And1: 273

Post#919 » by dorianwrite » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:29 pm

AFM wrote:
dorianwrite wrote:It's too bad that Three-Fifty Bakery got displaced by this. (Although they seem to have moved to a location down the street--which hasn't opened yet--it was a nice, quiet oasis in the old location.) I really respected the hustle Three-Fifty showed during the pandemic to make sure they survived.

I used to go there all the time, their baked goods were pretty good honestly...their customer service wasn't though and the interior layout was terrible. They moved to that building 4 or 5 blocks south that has been under renovation for years now and looks terrible. There's also 2 other cafes right there on that corner, I have no idea why they moved there...

I found their service indifferent, and you're correct that the space was very awkward, so the patio was the best option. But I'll put up with a lot to support independent purveyors, their prices were solid, and I liked that they were a bit off the beaten path.

They're moving into the building that used to be the gay bar Cobalt, which had a restaurant on the bottom floor. (I spent a decent amount of time dancing there in my 20s; it had a really good interior. I think they're moving into the restaurant space, though.) They should have a ton more space there, if the renovations ever get finished up. For years, there was a really solid Eritrean-run cafe across 17th Street called Steam that I think is now being replaced by a liquor store. Nothing else on that corner is a coffee shop, really, so I think they can survive there.
AFM
General Manager

Post#920 » by AFM » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:33 pm

dorianwrite wrote:
AFM wrote:

I found their service indifferent, and you're correct that the space was very awkward, so the patio was the best option. But I'll put up with a lot to support independent purveyors, their prices were solid, and I liked that they were a bit off the beaten path.

They're moving into the building that used to be the gay bar Cobalt, which had a restaurant on the bottom floor. (I spent a decent amount of time dancing there in my 20s; it had a really good interior. I think they're moving into the restaurant space, though.) They should have a ton more space there, if the renovations ever get finished up. For years, there was a really solid Eritrean-run cafe across 17th Street called Steam that I think is now being replaced by a liquor store. Nothing else on that corner is a coffee shop, really, so I think they can survive there.

Yeah Rosebud Liquors is moving across the street which is a shame since their neon sign is probably my favorite in DC. They also misspelled "Spirits" on all of their awnings and I'm not sure they've noticed because it's been months. And you're right I'm confusing my corners even though I live on that street lol, there's cafe Au Lait and Java House south of their new location. There's also Mikko which isn't a cafe really but I've always had good meals there

Return to Washington Wizards