The Washington Commanders Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,874

Re: The Washington Commanders Thread 

Post#721 » by Wizardspride » Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:49 pm

gambitx777 wrote:So if minisota comes with an offer of
11,23, Jefferson and like. Future 4th or something small like that for #2 you probably take that deal right.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app

I wouldn't.....
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#722 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:34 pm

11,23, Jefferson and like. Future 4th or something small like that for #2 you probably take that deal right.

Not a chance. I'd need atleast next year's first too.
In Rizzo we trust
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,785

Post#723 » by Rafael122 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:07 pm

No chance they offer Jefferson, but if they do, I'd probably take it.

What Arizona did last year was they traded 3 for 12 and some extra picks, then traded 12 and some picks to move up to 6. 11 and 23 is more than enough to get back into the top 7 or so. I assume Maye/Williams/Daniels go top 3. Giants are a wild card for a QB, Arizona probably wouldn't trade back past 7/8 so they can get a receiver. Titans are probably going tackle, Falcons are probably going defensive end. Those would be the teams you're eyeing to see if you can get McCarthy in that range or hold at 11 and hope Penix is still there.

Then you draft an OT at 23. Long story short, if you're making the move out of 2, you pretty much need to have a 95% certainty how the next 4-5 picks are going to go.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,736

Post#724 » by gambitx777 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:02 am

Rafael122 wrote:

What Arizona did last year was they traded 3 for 12 and some extra picks, then traded 12 and some picks to move up to 6. 11 and 23 is more than enough to get back into the top 7 or so. I assume Maye/Williams/Daniels go top 3. Giants are a wild card for a QB, Arizona probably wouldn't trade back past 7/8 so they can get a receiver. Titans are probably going tackle, Falcons are probably going defensive end. Those would be the teams you're eyeing to see if you can get McCarthy in that range or hold at 11 and hope Penix is still there.

Then you draft an OT at 23. Long story short, if you're making the move out of 2, you pretty much need to have a 95% certainty how the next 4-5 picks are going to go.
Yeah in my mind if you trade out you've decided Penix or Nixx is legit and think you can pull one out there. Some people saying that's not enough then sure ask for a second or another first but man Jefferson has a ton of value and they have a few reasons to trade him. He's about to get a new deal, Addison's really good, there clock is set back, they need a franchise QB.

This trade would do so much for the team. I mean Jefferson is only 24 and him and Terry would form a top ten WR room. Period. Then at with 2 firsts you have options. You can go with Penix at 11 know way he goes before that or at least he shouldn't. You can probably wait and get him at 23 and go big game hunting at 11 for a big time defensive player. Or take Penix at 11 and hop dejean or another top teir secondary player or edge falls to you at 23 either way I mean my god getting Jefferson and two top talents for one pick that's insane plus if you get the Vikings to panic and give up more than that!

Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#725 » by Wizardspride » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:38 am

Washington has rebuffed all trade offers.

They obviously value the QB they're going to select at #2 more than any package they've been offered.. and I'm fine with that.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#726 » by Rafael122 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:16 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
Rafael122 wrote:

Yeah in my mind if you trade out you've decided Penix or Nixx is legit and think you can pull one out there. Some people saying that's not enough then sure ask for a second or another first but man Jefferson has a ton of value and they have a few reasons to trade him. He's about to get a new deal, Addison's really good, there clock is set back, they need a franchise QB.

This trade would do so much for the team. I mean Jefferson is only 24 and him and Terry would form a top ten WR room. Period. Then at with 2 firsts you have options. You can go with Penix at 11 know way he goes before that or at least he shouldn't. You can probably wait and get him at 23 and go big game hunting at 11 for a big time defensive player. Or take Penix at 11 and hop dejean or another top teir secondary player or edge falls to you at 23 either way I mean my god getting Jefferson and two top talents for one pick that's insane plus if you get the Vikings to panic and give up more than that!

If you go by the points system, 11 and 23 isn't enough to get to 2. You need to throw in a future 1st rounder to make the points work. However, Minnesota is also trading Jefferson so that washes out any extra picks Minnesota throws out there. I'd be completely fine staying at 11, and getting an OT at 23. You're also keeping both 2nd round picks as well. It's a hell of a deal really.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#727 » by Wizardspride » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:32 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=OZAWuRV-1cYn91hjifjfrw&s=19
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#728 » by Rafael122 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:45 pm

From all reports, everything that's been leaking as been coming from outside folks, not the Commanders. My guess is this is agent driven/team driven. Raiders have been rumored to want to jump but probably can't.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#729 » by Wizardspride » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:32 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=zIJ099v-doNF4ru80fqkyg&s=19
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#730 » by gambitx777 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:01 pm

#TRADETHATPICK

TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,923

Post#731 » by TGW » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:46 pm

gambitx777 wrote:#TRADETHATPICK

Yea I'm not enamored with Daniels at 2. A one-year wonder who's two years older than the other QB options and doesn't know how to protect himself. I'd rather have Maye or McCarthy and have them sit for a year. I know they want the guy who fits into their scheme the best, but you don't draft based on the offensive scheme. The OC can get fired anytime. Get the player that will win you the big game in 2027, not the guy that fits your scheme in 2024.

If they go Daniels, this will be Peter's biggest mistake. He let the coaches dictate who he should pick and that's a bad move because coaches always think short term.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#732 » by gambitx777 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:54 pm

TGW wrote:

Yea I'm not enamored with Daniels at 2. A one-year wonder who's two years older than the other QB options and doesn't know how to protect himself. I'd rather have Maye or McCarthy and have them sit for a year. I know they want the guy who fits into their scheme the best, but you don't draft based on the offensive scheme. The OC can get fired anytime. Get the player that will win you the big game in 2027, not the guy that fits your scheme in 2024.

If they go Daniels, this will be Peter's biggest mistake. He let the coaches dictate who he should pick and that's a bad move because coaches always think short term.
I think they tipped their hands when they brought in the other QB int he room non of them are like Daniels or Maye or JJ who are they like? Penix.

Endless Loop
Sophomore
And1: 175

Post#733 » by Endless Loop » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:39 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=zIJ099v-doNF4ru80fqkyg&s=19

Even if Daniels has the best skill set at the moment, I got off the Daniels wagon the minute I saw this picture. There's skinny, but then there's this. The guy is narrow! Way too much injury risk.

How often do NFL QBs who are known as great runners win Super Bowls? The last 10 Super Bowl were won by these guys:
Brady
Payton Manning
Foles
Mahomes
Stafford

You can add these additional QBs for the prior 10 years:
Roethlisberger
Eli Manning
Brees
Rogers
Flacco
Wilson

20 years of Super Bowls, not one guy who's known for scrambling.

The drama at Arizona State also isn't great, either.

I'd take Maye, and I also like Penix, though I understand he's got issues. It's just that he's such an impactful player.

Daniels isn't the guy.

I sure hope that Peters realizes that he's the guy who'll be judged most for this pick- which means that he should trust his own judgement, not anyone else's. He's been through the absolute extremes of QB mis-evaluation, what with Purdy and Trey Lance. Surely he's learned from that.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,923

Post#734 » by TGW » Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:57 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
TGW wrote:

I think they tipped their hands when they brought in the other QB int he room non of them are like Daniels or Maye or JJ who are they like? Penix.

well i'm on the gambit express now. trade down and get a QB and additional assets. You convinced me.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#735 » by Wizardspride » Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:16 pm

TGW wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:
TGW wrote:

well i'm on the gambit express now. trade down and get a QB and additional assets. You convinced me.

Or just take the superior prospect in the long run: Drake Maye.

That's what I'd do.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,014

Post#736 » by Dark Faze » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:04 pm

The closer we get to making the pick official, the more you realize it's more of a marathon than anything else. We won't know how much of the success/failures of Maye and Daniels will be due to them being the better or worse prospect vs how much of the organization that drafted them were responsible for the outcome. RG3's failure was 50/50 on him and the organization imo. Shanny secretly preferring Kirk has to come into play when you allow Robert to go back into a game looking like his leg was ready to fall off at any moment and then allowing him to come in super early from ACL repair the following year with a cyberpunk knee brace required to play. A more confident/competent organization that was 100% invested in him wouldn't have allowed it.

I've said before I think Peters showed his hand with the Mariota signing. You have to do right by both the coach and the organization long term. The coach has to stomach taking a guy who may take a couple of years to play with Maye? Cool, but give me a legit option to start and win games now. Maybe not take us to the superbowl, but be competitive. Mariota isn't that at all imo. But maybe Peters will surprise me and give us the Mariota/Maye combo.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,359

Post#737 » by Kanyewest » Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:06 pm

I have no idea what the Commanders are going to do. In the beginning of the draft process, I thought they were going to go with Maye. The general consensus now among beat writers (at least according to Jonathan Keim) is that they are going to now pick Daniels. I believe when the 49ers had traded up in the draft, they signaled they were going to select take Mac Jones and ended up taking Lance.

At this point, a trade down seems like an unlikely scenario, although I would welcome it to address the many holes on the roster plus perhaps Washington could address the QB position later in the draft.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#738 » by gambitx777 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:55 pm

I think the Vikings have a good enough package available to get the 2 pick . I don't see any one else that has the sauce to do it.
I don't see the raiders having nearly enough or being willing to give up that many firsts for Daniels. Those are the two to watch .

gambitx777
General Manager

Post#739 » by gambitx777 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:21 am

Most shocker case JJ
Most meh case Maye
Most mid case Daniels
Best case trade back for a haul !

pancakes3