ImageImageImageImageImage

GT #41: Spurs @ Bullets 7 PM (MSN/980 AM)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,910

Re: GT #41: Spurs @ Bullets 7 PM (MSN/980 AM) 

Post#41 » by TGW » Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:39 am

Wes Unseld Jr is a pathetic loser of a coach. Him, Poole, Kuzma should all be ousted by the deadline. Benching Deni in the fourth when he was absolutely fantastic was an utterly idiotic decision. As soon as Deni was taken out, immediate 7-0 run by the Spurs.

I am sick of this guy getting a pass by the media. He doesn't know what he's doing. Go back to being an assitant, you bum.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,735

Post#42 » by gambitx777 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:56 am

Man Bagley looked so good. Deni and Bali looked great. Kuz had a bad night.

Although Poole has been looking better as of late maybe he is tradable lol.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,360

Post#43 » by nate33 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:46 pm

I don't know what Wes was thinking when he benched Deni down the stretch after Deni ran the 2nd unit so well in early 4th quarter. The only conceivable explanation is that Deni might have been a bit tired after playing 11 consecutive minutes. But if that was the case, Deni should have come out very briefly and been put back in at the very next break in the action. Deni came out at 3:49 when the team was up 121-116. He should have came back at 1:21 during the kicked ball violation when Poole came in. The score was tied 123-123. Instead he left Deni on the bench and San Antonio scored on their next two offensive possessions. Deni finally came in at the 0:27 mark with the Wizards down 128-127 and he didn't touch the ball again and we started intentionally fouling on defense.

I will give a little credit to Wes for leaving Kispert in for most of the 4th quarter instead of going back to Jordan Poole. Kispert's 3-ball wasn't falling, but he was being very aggressive on offense and making smart plays. I loved that play when he was driving the lane into Wemby and swept the ball right underneath Wemby's outstretched arm to draw the foul.

The real failure was allowing Kuzma to play iso ball on the last two possessions. Frankly, the entire last 5 minutes was trash offense if not for Bagley grabbing offensive boards.
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#44 » by WallToWall » Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:57 pm

Kuz decided to play hero ball. Given that he was not having a good shooting game, or a good game overall, he should have known not to take that quick 3 pt shot. As WUJ said in his post game interview, the plan was to take a quick shot, but a good shot…not necessarily a 3ptr. WUJ was playing for 2 possessions, hence the quick shot. That said, the game was lost when they let the Spurs back into the game, and when Avdija sat. Avdija was tired when he came out, but WUJ could have put him back in after giving him a quick breather, with the judicious use of time outs. Oh yah, Pops > WUJ any day, and it showed in end game management. Still, I am happy with how many of them played, and for the ping pong balls.

Return to Washington Wizards