GT 44: Team with Little Connection to Jazz @ Team with New HC

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,927

Re: GT 44: Team with Little Connection to Jazz @ Team with New HC 

Post#21 » by tontoz » Fri Jan 26, 2024 4:16 pm

DCZards wrote:
Frichuela wrote:Kuzma with 24 shotsā€¦God I hope they trade him.

There are some nights that I hate Kuzā€™s selfishness. Last night wasnā€™t one of them. He shot 50% from the fiekd, despite going 1-8 from 3, and was one of the chief reasons that the Zards stayed competitive against Utah.

We weren't competitive with Utah. We were down 20 to start the 4th quarter and lost by 15. The closest we got was 12.

Kuzma dropped 13 in the last 9 minutes when the game was decided so he could pad his stats after a crap start.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,025

Post#22 » by dckingsfan » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:27 pm

tontoz wrote:
DCZards wrote:
Frichuela wrote:Kuzma with 24 shotsā€¦God I hope they trade him.

There are some nights that I hate Kuzā€™s selfishness. Last night wasnā€™t one of them. He shot 50% from the fiekd, despite going 1-8 from 3, and was one of the chief reasons that the Zards stayed competitive against Utah.

We weren't competitive with Utah. We were down 20 to start the 4th quarter and lost by 15. The closest we got was 12.

Kuzma dropped 13 in the last 9 minutes when the game was decided so he could pad his stats after a crap start.

Coach should have benched Kuz for the fourth quarter. It would send a message that if you play like poopoo for the first 3 quarters there will be no padding stats. It would definitely change the dynamics.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,937

Post#23 » by Frichuela » Fri Jan 26, 2024 6:33 pm

dckingsfan wrote:
tontoz wrote:
DCZards wrote:There are some nights that I hate Kuzā€™s selfishness. Last night wasnā€™t one of them. He shot 50% from the fiekd, despite going 1-8 from 3, and was one of the chief reasons that the Zards stayed competitive against Utah.

Coach should have benched Kuz for the fourth quarter. It would send a message that if you play like poopoo for the first 3 quarters there will be no padding stats. It would definitely change the dynamics.

Agreed. Now, would Keefe have the cojones to do so? Time will tellā€¦
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#24 » by dobrojim » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:48 am

I can't stand Olynyk

L-Mark was impressive

Even though Kuz ended up with a lot of points, we fell behind for good during a stretch
when he missed several shots in a row and/or turned the ball over. Familiar story I guess.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,338

Post#25 » by dobrojim » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:50 am

Frichuela wrote:Same freaking issues. Our back court and forwards can not rebound for dear lifeā€¦

Or shoot very well either. Or hang on to the ball. Other than that...
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities

Return to Washington Wizards