ImageImageImageImageImage

Say it ain't so, Joe: Gibbs to resign

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

imperium1999
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#81 » by imperium1999 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:51 am

LyricalRico wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Interesting idea. It is in a prime location and there's already been a lot built around there because of the stadium (Boulevard at the old Cap Center site, etc). A lot of the surrounding communities aren't the greatest so that could put a limit on how high-end Snyder can go with it.

Good point about about the real estate situation and DC United's success at RFK making it a number of years off but that actually could make it better since by then we'd see the ripple effects of the National Harbor. Depending on how far they go, putting a really high-end community at the FedEx site could actually work.

being smarter than all of us combined, Raljon and the eventual Fed Ex Field were designed for the exit strategy. in its current situation, it is predesigned to convert into a shopping mall.

anyone would prefer to have the stadium in the district proper,on the metro, walking distance for many. plus snyder thinks big and would, i'm sure, be thrilled about being the anchor for a major redevelopment play. i bet a zillion bulks he's already controlling property around there.

RE: rfk being empty. what i mean is that dc united seems to have its end game somewhat insight with a new stadium at popular point. so in the right time, rfk will be easily ka-boomed.

trust me. that area is the next big play. think 2015-2020 for when it could be really poppin'. but its coming.
mls737
Junior
And1: 0

Post#82 » by mls737 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:28 am

imperium1999 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

2) Fenty - will be a flash in the pan mayor forgotten two days after he leaves office at the soonest possible moment. i cant imagine a mayor F'ing things up worse than he has in such a short period of time

I don't live in the area anymore so I haven't really been following local politics, but I'm curious as to why you feel this way. I don't really have any feel for how people perceive Fenty.
Your ego's writing checks your body can't cash

Return to Washington Wizards