And1: 4

Post#281 » by DigitalBullets » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:34 am

Celtics press conference on espn news now
DBD2002
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#282 » by DCZards » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:34 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:For all the Haywood bashing, Brendan had 14 points, 7 rebounds and was 6-6 from the line. (Ray Allen only had 16, Pierce 18 ).

BTH's free throw shooting is a HUGE difference maker for the team this year.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#283 » by hands11 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:34 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:For all the Haywood bashing, Brendan had 14 points, 7 rebounds and was 6-6 from the line. (Ray Allen only had 16, Pierce 18 ).

Next to Stevenson's +19, Brendan was second overall at +11.

No way would the Wizards have won this game if BTH doesn't lock down Garnett at the end.

I was anticipating that Woodshack and Blatche would get better from the line with come on guys, BH is looking like CB from the line. Its insane.

I'll give you a big 3.

CB, AJ and BH
SF, PF, Center

That's were you want a big 3.

DS was also huge. We were scoring well and he was ice from the outside.

4-7 from 3

MVP of the game. THE TEAM
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,349

Post#284 » by nate33 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:34 am

ZonkertheBrainless wrote:What the hell is "BA" in the box score? Blocks Attempted?

Blocked attempts - how many times a player had his own shots blocked.
ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#285 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:34 am

gowiz999 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't understand why all of those trolls weren't banned for posting over here. There were a few of them who were definitely trolling. Over on the Celtics board, all Wiz posters' posts were deleted almost immediately.

Because we have class?
Help us, Obi-wan Leonsis. You're our only hope.
Wiz99
Analyst
And1: 160

Post#286 » by Wiz99 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:34 am

THE WIZZINATOR wrote:All you people questioning how we'd be WITH arenas... that's just silly. PERIOD. He's one of the top 10 players in the league. We have shown we CAN play well without him, and the team has evolved defensively during that time, however we still lack the firepower we need to be a powerhouse team. You add Gil back into the equation and this team is a top 5 team in the league. Now let's stop the crazy gil hating talk because it's just a silly conversation.

It's not hating, and its not as simple as you make it.

There are 5 guys on the court, playing a system. Right now, the 5 guys we have out there (ok, 8, including our bench) are really working the system.

Our defense has improved markedly. Players are sticking with their assignments and not freelancing, they know when to help, when to stay with their man. Their is a lot more effort. Example: Gil is a known gambler on D. That's a big part of why he was a league leader in steals. And he was never known as a guy that played as hard on D as on O. What happens when you take 40 mpg from AD and DS playing the way the system is designed to be played, and if Gil comes back and refuses to?

Offense: the Princeton O works best with movement, hard cuts, no one standing around watching the star fill it up, but role players feeling like they need to give 110%. That's how we've got guys like DS, AD stepping up. Forget that DS was our scoring leader in the last win against Boston? What happens when Gil comes back and decides he wants to freelance, be the man?

These are just a couple possibilities that could mean we get a very, very talented player back, but see an overall step back in the quality of the system.

Call me old school. Great teams play a system. OK teams have 5 guys going 1 on 1.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,367

Post#287 » by doclinkin » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:35 am

ZonkertheBrainless wrote:What the hell is "BA" in the box score? Blocks Attempted?

Blocks against. Own shot blocked.
Higga
Lead Assistant
And1: 831

Post#288 » by Higga » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:35 am

Knowing the Wiz we'll turn around and get blown out by Da Knicks tomorrow night.
Eric Maynor is the worst basketball player I've ever seen.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#289 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:35 am

Dat2U wrote:Best win since game 6 in the Chicago series a few years back!

This feels so sweet.

Caron was awesome and really clutch late in the game.

Jamison stepped up in the 4th.

Brendan struggled mightly with the ball in his hands but played excellent D on KG for the most part, especially late.

This win is awesome on so many levels!

I wonder how long ESPN can downplay us now?
Brendan had 10 pts in the second half. While he had 6 in the fourth quarter, he held Garnett to 1-6 and 4 pts in the fourth.

I'll take it anytime Haywood outscores Garnett in the fourth.

I mentioned it before, but Haywood also went 6-6 from the line on the road, with CANNED CROWD NOISE, at Boston. :lol:
Bye bye Beal.
GYBE
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 358

Post#290 » by GYBE » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:38 am

Good game. Wiz are a very solid team all-around. Very impressed.

8)
ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst

Post#291 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:41 am

Blatche was -10 for the game and I was trying to figure out why. He had two BA's.
Help us, Obi-wan Leonsis. You're our only hope.
clubbing_caveman
Junior

Post#292 » by clubbing_caveman » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:41 am

I think this is the game where everyone understood their roles, and what kind of strengths each individual can bring to the team game. Man, I cant stop walking around the room...I'm still pumped.
hands11
Banned User

Post#293 » by hands11 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:41 am

What is so amazing is the run we made.

We only have 4 pts via FT for a good chunk on the 4th.

Then BAM

Down 63-77 with 6 Minutes to go we went on a huge run lead by lock down D.

They only scorerd 6 posts in 6 minutes.

Ah man, we are going to be all over the press. Back to back wins over Boston the best team in the league and without GA.

Sorry Gil but they question is definitely going to get discussed after these wins.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#294 » by Wizards2Lottery » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:44 am

I'm hearing Carons post game confrence. The first thing he mentioned: DEFENSE.

I really think this team has turned that corner. Great offense now with a team that WANTS to play defense.

I'm feeling something special building up.
hands11
Banned User

Post#295 » by hands11 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:45 am

Gilbert0Arenas wrote:I'm hearing Carons post game confrence. The first thing he mentioned: DEFENSE.

I really think this team has turned that corner. Great offense now with a team that WANTS to play defense.

I love Tough Juice as a face of this team. So much better then anyone else.

Humble, focused and no non-sense.

Tough Juice rocks.
Wiz99
Analyst

Post#296 » by Wiz99 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:47 am

I posted this back when the euphoria was in full effect. What do you guys think about this?

PREDICTIONS:

Things that will happen because of this win.

- AJ and Caron will both be voted into the All Star game by the coaches.

- Speaking of coaches, all but certain EJ will be our coach next year just on the strength of this team's performance under him while Gil was out.

- Unless he can get an obvious, stupendous steal, no way EG breaks the team that was on the floor up with a trade. Just too hard to justify.

- This team is officially Caron's when the game is on the line. He hit all the big shots we needed him to tonight. But leadership, notice who was jawing in his ear at every stoppage of play? AD and AJ.
Wiz99
Analyst

Post#297 » by Wiz99 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:48 am

Gilbert0Arenas wrote:I'm hearing Carons post game confrence. The first thing he mentioned: DEFENSE.

Where are you listening?
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#298 » by Wizards2Lottery » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:50 am

Wiz99 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Where are you listening?

Comcast. He was talking to Buck and Phil for a few minutes.
Tough Juice
Sophomore

Post#299 » by Tough Juice » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:52 am

This team is very good right now. It is still not an elite team. Let's not lose sight of the fact that the Wizards looked incapable of scoring on the Celtics for the better part of 3 1/2 quarters. Same goes for Saturday night.

So yes, they're playing as a unit right now and it's really fun to watch. But nobody in the league can break down a defense like Gil. I'm holding off on the run Gil out of town talk for now because I know that if he comes back and he is 100% for the playoffs, and the rest of the team plays like this, we could do great things.

Is it possible that the rest of the team is simply better than it was last season? What if Gil buys into the team concept after watching every game from home? It's scary to think what this team can do when he gets back.
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#300 » by dandridge 10 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:52 am

I still can't believe we won that game. AJ was missing layups during the game, refs were making every call against us, the Wizards looked dogged tired to begin the 4th quarter, and the Celtics defense was pretty stifling until the end. It was simply perserverence and great D by the Wiz kids. I think the Wizards are finally starting to buy into the idea that defense wins games, because itssomething that you can always bring, night in and night out, regardless if your shots are falling.

I can understand why some people are wondering if this team is better without Arenas. However, I keep thinking HOW BETTER this team can be with him in the line-up. If he buys into the way the Wizards are playing now, this team can be one of the best in the NBA. We are playing extremely well right now, we are fooling ourselves if we think we are a championship caliber team. With Gilbert buying into the team concept and team Defense, this team can be a championship caliber team.

Return to Washington Wizards