No votes
16%

Total votes: 32

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,301

Post#181 » by nate33 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:22 am

This game is nothing. $hit happens. Every once in a while, Team A can't miss while Team B can't make a shot. I thought the Wizards' defense was okay until the 3rd quarter when the Cavs continued to make everything and the Wizards finally lost morale.

This is a game that you just forget about. Throw away the tape. Don't even talk about it in practice tomorrow.

And lock this thread. I don't even want to read 10 more pages of whining and complaining. The Cavs played perhaps their best game of the season. The Wizards played their worst. There's nothing more to it than that.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#182 » by hands11 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:22 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

NO, I don't.

Tonight Gil keeps this closer just by getting to the line or making tough shots when nobody else can get in the lane. Gil's a very difficult cover and in this game you really miss what he can do.

That said, Cleveland's just flat better than the Wizards and right now I think they look like they'll win it all if they keep this up.

Pavlovic is a very underrated defender, as is Varajeo.

They move the ball so much better now and they're so much more potent without Eric Snow. Gibson and Jones make shots. Brown is a good bench player.

They have the team and Gilbert still won't be better than them if they keep beating the Wizards with size.

That's all I was saying. No doubt GA would have helped but he wouldnt have erased the reasons we lost. We needed to go a lot bigger. I would have loved to have seem bigger line ups tried.
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#183 » by FreeBalling » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:23 am

I need some meds after that loss.
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
WizBiz
Assistant Coach
And1: 27

Post#184 » by WizBiz » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:23 am

Well at least VCU won.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#185 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:24 am

Peace, out, everybody.

I'll take the advice and move on.

We just need to wait and see how they come out against Memphis. I remember the loss at Memphis well. Navarro went off and Jamison was rested at a very strange time.

Forgive me fisher and Zards and Raf if ANYTHING I said offended you. I'm just mad they played so crappy.

We can agree to disagree on why they lost but it is pointless to get mad about it.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,776

Post#186 » by Rafael122 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:24 am

We'll always have Osaka.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#187 » by Rafael122 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:25 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Peace, out, everybody.

I'll take the advice and move on.

We just need to wait and see how they come out against Memphis. I remember the loss at Memphis well. Navarro went off and Jamison was rested at a very strange time.

Forgive me fisher and Zards and raf if ANYTHING I said offended you.

We can agree to disagree on why they lost but it is pointless to get mad about it.

You did nothing wrong.

I'm still trying to figure out why I was called an opinion Nazi though.

Edit: This game had a bad vibe from the get go. It just seemed like we didn't come out and play. We settled for jumpers when we should have gone to the basket more, and when that was working a bit, they started shooting jumpers again. So frustrating, because it's the same formula every time for a Wiz-Cavs game.
hands11
Banned User

Post#188 » by hands11 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:26 am

fishercob wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Right, anyone who disagrees with you is an opinion Nazi. You always decry others' inability to be objective, though. That makes sense.

Only if their objections are an attempt to tell people to not discuss
the game or ways in which we could have done better.

I have never asked someone to stop posting a different line up or strategy.

There is a difference between the two things.
RealGM

Post#189 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:26 am

That and the knowledge that Romo and TO will be watching the Super Bowl just like Jessica Simpson.
Bye bye Beal.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#190 » by Rafael122 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:29 am

hands11 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Only if their objections are an attempt to tell people to not discuss
the game or ways in which we could have done better.

I have never asked someone to stop posting a different line up or strategy.

There is a difference between the two things.

Oh please. Never did I tell you to stop discussing this loss, but if its going to be like this after every loss, get your xanax ready then. I've seen this team lose 50+ games in a season. They will bounce back.

Relax.

I'm still waiting on the reason for being called an opinion Nazi though. You could have just as easily said "I disagree" but not sure why you did.
GilArenas88
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#191 » by GilArenas88 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:34 am

Hey give the Cavs their credit, they out played, out hustled, out shoot us all night, we just stunk in every facet of the game in the second half, and quite frankly it was a miracle we were only down 6 at half time. Cleveland couldn't miss not to mention our defense looked like last year all night. Oh well, like nate said sometimes **** happens we couldn't hit the ocean in the second half and they made everything.

Common gloat Cavs fans, just know this is not our real squad you played, yes you won fair and square, gave us a butt whoopin, oh well...

See you next time...
hands11
Banned User

Post#192 » by hands11 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:34 am

Rafael122 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You did nothing wrong.

Edit: This game had a bad vibe from the get go. It just seemed like we didn't come out and play. We settled for jumpers when we should have gone to the basket more, and when that was working a bit, they started shooting jumpers again. So frustrating, because it's the same formula every time for a Wiz-Cavs game.

My bad if I over reacted. It was probably the result of one or more posts I read before yours. You called out people on the board saying they were acting like we lost a championship or something. I thought was was over reacting to what was going on and not letting people post their opinions about what happened and what we could do better when we just watched the worst loss of the year. I'm just not a fan of that, but in and of itself, it wasn't a huge deal.
RealGM

Post#193 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:34 am

You did nothing wrong.

I started it, indirectly.

I used the phrase "opinion fascist" first. I recall thinking Nazi ... hope I didn't go there but I was thinking it if I didn't say it.

Reminds me of my wife buying O'Douls....

I've got three young sons. Dad's too crazy to be a drinker and one thing I pride myself on is they've not seen me drink. But then the wife for reasons I don't know goes and buys three six packs of O'Douls. I like them and all but my 7-yr old thinks alcohol, drugs, O'Douls are all the same.

They see me drinking those and now he and my 11-yr old have asked if they can have some. Yikes!

Oh, hands and I often agree and I believe in his right to say what he has to say. I come to his defense even though I've seen how offended and annoyed many have become with the length of his posts, some repitition, and some mudslinging and back-and-forth.

I encouraged hands the wrong way today, just like the O'Douls did my boys.

I apologize for starting this, but I am getting tired of how the boards going lately. Folks react negatively to posters without even considering the veracity of what they're saying.

Cliquish rallying around certain guys and against others.

So it goes, I guess, but I can say it wasn't like this in the good old days.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#194 » by fishercob » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:34 am

nate33 wrote:This game is nothing. $hit happens. Every once in a while, Team A can't miss while Team B can't make a shot. I thought the Wizards' defense was okay until the 3rd quarter when the Cavs continued to make everything and the Wizards finally lost morale.

This is a game that you just forget about. Throw away the tape. Don't even talk about it in practice tomorrow.

And lock this thread. I don't even want to read 10 more pages of whining and complaining. The Cavs played perhaps their best game of the season. The Wizards played their worst. There's nothing more to it than that.

See, I dubbed you the WizBoard's Thomas Paine for a reason. Brilliantly put.

Now everyone go watch this and be happy: http://youtube.com/watch?v=jJHb9m4ccmQ
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,525

Post#195 » by closg00 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:35 am

hands11 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Or

OP/BH
AB/OP

I would have taken any of them over going small against CLE.

Agreed, this is obvious now when playing the Cavs. OP/BH or AB/OP should have been most of the game, and at times BH,AB, & OP should have all been in their together. EJ just doesn't have a back-up plan when his offensive system is not working, or our starters are having a bad game.
wateryd
Freshman

Post#196 » by wateryd » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:35 am

with a couple minutes left in the 2nd the wiz fought back to within 47-44, got a turnover and were on a fast break. butler made just a terrible pass, the cavs scored and after that things just fell off a cliff.

just a dud. at their best, they were going through the motions and the starters were rarely at their best. the cavs were making shots and lebron was so far and away the best player out there. at least young's dunk was a keeper.

this game will probably mess up our hollinger ranking, huh?
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#197 » by Rafael122 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:39 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:

You did nothing wrong.

I started it, indirectly.

I used the phrase "opinion fascist" first. I recall thinking Nazi ... hope I didn't go there but I was thinking it if I didn't say it.

Reminds me of my wife buying O'Douls....

I've got three young sons. Dad's too crazy to be a drinker and one thing I pride myself on is they've not seen me drink. But then the wife for reasons I don't know goes and buys three six packs of O'Douls. I like them and all but my 7-yr old thinks alcohol, drugs, O'Douls are all the same.

They see me drinking those and now he and my 11-yr old have asked if they can have some. Yikes!

Oh, hands and I often agree and I believe in his right to say what he has to say. I come to his defense even though I've seen how offended and annoyed many have become with the length of his posts, some repitition, and some mudslinging and back-and-forth.

I encouraged hands the wrong way today, just like the O'Douls did my boys.

I apologize for starting this, but I am getting tired of how the boards going lately. Folks react negatively to posters without even considering the veracity of what they're saying.

Cliquish rallying around certain guys and against others.

So it goes, I guess, but I can say it wasn't like this in the good old days.

There's no need to apologize dude. You and I have disagreed before, and chances are we'll disagree again. I think everyone has a different way of coping with losses. I've completely forgot about this game. I expected us to lose these past 2 games, and we didn't. Yay them.

The Wizards looked lazy and tired even though they've had plenty of rest in recent days.
RealGM

Post#198 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:40 am

wateryd wrote:with a couple minutes left in the 2nd the wiz fought back to within 47-44, got a turnover and were on a fast break. butler made just a terrible pass, the cavs scored and after that things just fell off a cliff.

just a dud. at their best, they were going through the motions and the starters were rarely at their best. the cavs were making shots and lebron was so far and away the best player out there. at least young's dunk was a keeper.

this game will probably mess up our hollinger ranking, huh?
That did turn the game right there. Instead of pulling to within 1 and making the Cavs sweat, they regrouped on the turnover and pulled ahead 6.

Apparently, Cleveland kept that burst of momentum right through the half and if I could take a guess, I think the Wizards relaxed (but shouldn't have) after pulling close in the second.
hands11
Banned User

Post#199 » by hands11 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:40 am

GilArenas88 wrote:Hey give the Cavs their credit, they out played, out hustled, out shoot us all night, we just stunk in every facet of the game in the second half, and quite frankly it was a miracle we were only down 6 at half time. Cleveland couldn't miss not to mention our defense looked like last year all night. Oh well, like nate said sometimes **** happens we couldn't hit the ocean in the second half and they made everything.

Common gloat Cavs fans, just know this is not our real squad you played, yes you won fair and square, gave us a butt whoopin, oh well...

See you next time...

Does this mean there won't be a MVP of the game thread :D

To bad. I really wanted a win on this one. We would have been HOT HOT HOT having beat Boston on back to backs, Dallas and Cleveland.

I know this was a tough one but we can still have a great January by going 4-2 the last 6 games of the month.

I'm still a little pissed we didn't even try to go big. Just doesn't make sense to me.
GilArenas88
Sixth Man

Post#200 » by GilArenas88 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:42 am

I have to say I agree with whoever said we were going threw the motions, we just looked lazy from the start, don't get me wrong I'm not taking anything from the Cavs, but what a lack-luster performance.

Return to Washington Wizards