Washington Wizards (23-19) Starting Lineup

________Image Image
Image Image Image

Toronto Raptors (24-19) Starting Lineup

________Image Image
Image Image Image

Match-up of the Night

Image VS. Image

Our player spotlight focuses on two of the best power forwards in the game. Antawn Jamison is having a tremendous season putting up 20+pts and 10+ rebounds (Dwight Howard being the only other EC player averaging 20/10), but he will be forced to guard perennial All-Star Chris Bosh. Unfortunately for Antawn, Chris Bosh is a matchup nightmare. He can post up and shoot the mid-range jumper nicely. He's too strong for Jamison and too quick for Haywood. You know Bosh is going to get his; let's just hope Antawn can balance the scale.

Miller's 3 Keys to the Game

1. Get out on the damn shooters - Toronto is one of the best perimeter-oriented teams in the association. The Wizards are notorious for leaving good 3pt shooters wide open as if they've never hit that shot before. Recognize the shooters, get out on them, and don't take breaks.

2. Don't double down low - This, in a way, goes with Key #1. Toronto is going to score...a lot. But don't give them open shots. By trying to help Haywood or Jamison in the post, you're practically asking them to shoot wide open 3pters. If Bosh or Bargnani score in the paint, so be it, but don't let what could be a stop or a 2pt make be a 3.

3. Play Songaila sparingly - This might be a game where Andray Blatche plays big-time. In fact, he might be the best player on our team to guard Bosh, since he's both semi-quick, semi-strong and semi-competent on defense. Even if he's missing his shots or playing a bit out of control on offense, keep the kid in and let him try his best against their star. God knows Songaila will just be lost, as he always is. If all goes well, I'd like to see 22-25 minutes for BSB.
Test of Wills
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#2 » by Test of Wills » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:35 pm

Great GT. You guys are doing big things without Arenas this season. Is it me or are you guys better without Arenas (just being curious). Alright ill take the Mighty Raps who have won 7 out of their last 9 games.
Raps 96-89
Bosh 24 points 9 rebs
Butler 19 points 6 rebs
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#3 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:47 pm

We're going to give them an epic beatdown.
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#4 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:50 pm

RapsFuturePG#26 wrote:Great GT. You guys are doing big things without Arenas this season. Is it me or are you guys better without Arenas (just being curious). Alright ill take the Mighty Raps who have won 7 out of their last 9 games.
Raps 96-89
Bosh 24 points 9 rebs
Butler 19 points 6 rebs

We are NOT better without Arenas, there is an entire thread on this, feel free to read through all 30+ pages.... :lol:
newslowsad
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#5 » by newslowsad » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:34 pm

As you know, over the last few years, it has been our MO to usually bounce back after a subpar game, so I'll mark this as a much needed W. We often tend to play like garbage in Toronto, making this game all the more important. We cannot afford back to back losses to the Raps, who we are fighting for playoff position with.
HumbleBumbleBee
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#6 » by HumbleBumbleBee » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:42 pm

The game plan is to double Kappono!
:rofl: Spead the word...

Anyways I look forward to the home/home...you guys (well most) are a classy bunch and I enjoy troll...I mean comming over here!

GOOD LUCK...and I hope you end the season better than the Magic!
Got Raps FanFiction?
The Boshpit!
Rookie

Post#7 » by The Boshpit! » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:58 pm

After the Raps the Wizards are one of my favourite teams in the league. Congrats on all the success you've been having without Arenas! As for the game I think the Wizards will take this one and the Raptors will take the next one. Good luck in the game and the rest of the season guys!
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,610

Post#8 » by closg00 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:50 pm

Damn!! The Raps game thread is 8 pages already :o
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,530

Post#9 » by doclinkin » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:07 am

Since when does Gregory Hines play for the Raptors?

(A great talent. RIP Mr Hines.)
j127
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41

Post#10 » by j127 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:50 am

doclinkin wrote:Since when does Gregory Hines play for the Raptors?

(picture)

(A great talent. RIP Mr Hines.)

LOL, that looks like Moon, dead-on. He even jumps like him.

Anyways, good luck Wizards. I'm hoping for the Raps to take both (as I'm sure you're hoping the Wiz take both), but I expect each team to win one each at home.
La princesa
Junior
And1: 3

Post#11 » by La princesa » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:01 am

closg00 wrote:Damn!! The Raps game thread is 8 pages already :o

Yes, on average we have about 30 pages of a game thread espenically if it's against a good game or we got man handled :rofl:
Tiago
Sophomore

Post#12 » by Tiago » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:18 am

Wizards win by 25...
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#13 » by pineappleheadindc » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:21 am

I really like the board interaction when we play the Raptors. The TOR fans who venture over here are usually really good.

And they really KNOW how to use the flame thread. And for my homeboys like doc, BanndNDC, fishercob, Gilbert0Arenas, Swami....keep track of the flame thread and keep representing.

:nod:

Edited to add: Oh and for TOR fans, your mom looks like Sasquach.

:nod: :nod: :nod:
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#14 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:28 am

pineappleheadindc wrote:I really like the board interaction when we play the Raptors. The TOR fans who venture over here are usually really good.

And they really KNOW how to use the flame thread. And for my homeboys like doc, BanndNDC, fishercob, Gilbert0Arenas, Swami....keep track of the flame thread and keep representing.

:nod:

Edited to add: Oh and for TOR fans, your mom looks like Sasquach.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

Wrong thread DUDE!!! :rofl:
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#15 » by pineappleheadindc » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:31 am

^

Ooops!

:oops:

Sorry Raptor fans. I had meant to make that comment about your mother in the flame war thread. Ignore me, above.
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."

--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"

- Yoda
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,114

Post#16 » by Schad » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:48 am

Good luck, Wiz fans...both games will likely be won by whichever team is least inept at guarding the perimeter. We send double-teams at every player over 6'6" (if you still had Ruffin, we'd probably double him in the post, maybe even mix things up with a triple team), and judging by the stats and the Wizards games that I've caught this year, Eddie Jordan has the same problem.

We played you close without Bosh, but both teams have progressed considerably since then. There's not much to choose between 'em; hopefully, we'll have two well-played games befitting a fight for (temporary) home court seeding.
**** your asterisk.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#17 » by hands11 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:14 am

The Boshpit! wrote:After the Raps the Wizards are one of my favourite teams in the league. Congrats on all the success you've been having without Arenas! As for the game I think the Wizards will take this one and the Raptors will take the next one. Good luck in the game and the rest of the season guys!

This is what I'm hoping for. That's for the props on our team this year.
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#18 » by 99 Problems » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:19 am

We don't have Mo Pete anymore, and you guys got rid of Ruffin, so I don't expect any last minute dramatics this time... should be a high scoring, no defense type of game with a lot of threes... I just hope Roger Mason doesn't turn into Ray Allen again, that guy can go off all of a sudden...

You guys have an interesting team, I want to see these two teams matched up in the playoffs, it could go 7...

BTW, you guys think we should start the Amazingly Sucky Juan Dixon Thread? Dude is now our backup PG, and he's been Amazingly Sucky as a point guard...
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#19 » by miller31time » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:24 am

Warya wrote:BTW, you guys think we should start the Amazingly Sucky Juan Dixon Thread? Dude is now our backup PG, and he's been Amazingly Sucky as a point guard...

Save it for the playoffs. That's when one of our posters made the thread, and Dixon exploded for 30+ points while carrying us to a win over the Bulls in the 1st round.
Kosta
RealGM
And1: 2

Post#20 » by Kosta » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:14 am

Bosh will or will not be the difference in this game. Last time we faced you guys he didn't play and we kept it competitive. Albeit, both team's are playing at a much higher level right now.

I assume you guys will double him all night, so it'll be up to our shooters to hit from the outside. If they do, it's going to be hard to beat us, if we don't, Washington takes this one.

I just hope Butler and Jamison don't go off on us from 3.

Return to Washington Wizards