ImageImageImageImageImage

Kwame is an underrated #1 pick

Moderators: montestewart, LyricalRico, nate33

BruceO
Sixth Man
And1: 311

Kwame is an underrated #1 pick 

Post#1 » by BruceO » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:41 am

I just say we should get him. Apparently every few years or so someone feels like they need to trade a caron or a gasol for him. It's a good investment :D
daSwami
Assistant Coach
And1: 559

Post#2 » by daSwami » Sat Feb 2, 2008 1:21 pm

it wasn't him they wanted it's his expiring contract.
:banghead:
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Re: Kwame is an underrated #1 pick 

Post#3 » by FreeBalling » Sat Feb 2, 2008 2:07 pm

BruceO wrote:I just say we should get him. Apparently every few years or so someone feels like they need to trade a caron or a gasol for him. It's a good investment :D

Are you not seeing your own point, Caron and Gasol are good players. When was Kwame (aka Small Hands) ever good? I still love Kwame on that 1-1, when he got cought sleeping. He thought the guy got two shots.

We could have had E.Brand for that 1st over all pick. Will Kwame even be in the NBA in 2008/09?
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
southnc
Rookie
And1: 1

Re: Kwame is an underrated #1 pick 

Post#4 » by southnc » Sat Feb 2, 2008 5:27 pm

FreeBalling wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Are you not seeing your own point, Caron and Gasol are good players. When was Kwame (aka Small Hands) ever good? I still love Kwame on that 1-1, when he got cought sleeping. He thought the guy got two shots.

We could have had E.Brand for that 1st over all pick. Will Kwame even be in the NBA in 2008/09?
That's a great question. As hard as it is to believe, he might actually be out of the NBA next year. However, with desperate teams (Miami, etc), there is always another sucker for Kwame to have his cake with. ;)

Of course, knowing Kwame, he might just retire - it's not like he enjoys playing basketball anyway.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,580

Post#5 » by Ruzious » Sat Feb 2, 2008 5:33 pm

Kwame will be in the NBA next season. There is always a market for 7 feet tall and athletic. I'm sure he has plenty of money saved for several lifetimes worth of French dressing and birthday cake, but you don't turn down a few million dollars a year playing basketball just because some people boo you.
Zerocious
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#6 » by Zerocious » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:02 pm

Ruzious wrote:Kwame will be in the NBA next season. There is always a market for 7 feet tall and athletic. I'm sure he has plenty of money saved for several lifetimes worth of French dressing and birthday cake, but you don't turn down a few million dollars a year playing basketball just because some people boo you.

Even M-ruff got another contract, and he's not even 7 ft or athletic
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,580

Post#7 » by Ruzious » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:13 pm

Zerocious wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Even M-ruff got another contract, and he's not even 7 ft or athletic

But... he does have a pretty face. :nod:
Zerocious
Sixth Man

Post#8 » by Zerocious » Sat Feb 2, 2008 6:36 pm

TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#9 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:22 pm

Kwame is not as bad as you guys are making him. He is a borderline starting quality PF/C. He is an above average defender but he just has bad hands and over thinks everything.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,138

Post#10 » by miller31time » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:32 pm

^^^ I agree. Had Kwame not been the 1st pick, he'd never be this hated. And being the number 1 pick wasn't his fault.

The truth is that he's a decent mid-range shooter, good rebounder and an excellent post defender. His bball IQ sucks, he has little to no hand-eye coordination and lacks confidence and work ethic.

So long as a team acquires him without high expectations WHILE giving him a small role, he'd be a good player.

The problem is that every team that gets him expect him to live up to the #1 status. It's just not happening.
go'stags
Sixth Man
And1: 29

Post#11 » by go'stags » Sat Feb 2, 2008 7:36 pm

I think the first few posters missed the sarcasm in the first post, buot oh well.

Kwame can still find a niche. he will always suck, but there will be a roster spot for him.
LyricalRico wrote:
Speaking of giant penises, what's up with Bobby Simmons?.
DraftBoy10
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#12 » by DraftBoy10 » Sun Feb 3, 2008 5:03 pm

If he gets cut, I think a team like the Lakers or Mavericks would quickly try to nab him. His post defense is very good.
ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst

Post#13 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Sun Feb 3, 2008 5:09 pm

Would you rather have kwame or etan coming off the bench? kwame's not getting cut.
Help us, Obi-wan Leonsis. You're our only hope.
bsilver
Pro Prospect
And1: 501

Post#14 » by bsilver » Sun Feb 3, 2008 5:22 pm

While we're signing Kwame, may as well get Robert Traylor, Stephon Marbury, Vlade Divac, and Chucky Atkins. Then after a few trades we have a decent starting lineup:
Jason Kidd
Kobe Bryant
Caron Butler
Dirk Nowitzki
Rasheed Wallace
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics — quote popularized by Mark Twain.
BruceO
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by BruceO » Sun Feb 3, 2008 10:00 pm

maybe i should have used green or something, only one person got the sarcasm. I was cracking up about how he gets traded for all these good guys despite not being that good.
:clap: Getting Kwame is our ticket to gettting kobe
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#16 » by realfung » Mon Feb 4, 2008 6:08 am

I am surprised there is people on earth says this.
BruceO
Sixth Man

Post#17 » by BruceO » Tue Feb 5, 2008 3:58 am

NOOO i'm serious Kwame Brown will get us Kobe. He got us Caron and he got the lakers Gasol. He can get us Kobe i'm sure of it...

*might as well keep this going cause no one gets the sarcasm*
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 821

Post#18 » by LyricalRico » Tue Feb 5, 2008 8:16 pm

I wonder how Kwame will perform now that he's finally on a team without a strong personality. I mean, look at the pricks he's played with - MJ and Kobe, two of the all time biggest. Sure he had a couple of years Jordan-free but by then the well was poisoned.

Hey, I still hate the guy and I do enjoy seeing him fail. But I wonder how he'll do as a veteran on a young team with absolutely no pressure on him for the first time in his career.

And if he does do well (by Kwame standards, anyway) he'd be wise to simply re-sign in Memphis. If he bolts for cash to a higher profile team, like Miami or Boston, he'll once again be villified every time he fumbles a pass or blows a layup. Kwame is a small market kid with no confidence and he needs to stay with a small market team that has no expectations.
Joe_Wiz
Senior
And1: 5

Post#19 » by Joe_Wiz » Tue Feb 5, 2008 8:33 pm

BruceO wrote:*might as well keep this going cause no one gets the sarcasm*

I got it, and I think some of the others did too, but then got caught up in the side-discussions. E.g., I think he'll be in the league for years to come, but probably never as better than a marginal starter and possibly never as more than the 3rd or 4th best bench player.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,138

Post#20 » by miller31time » Wed Feb 6, 2008 1:16 am

LyricalRico wrote:And if he does do well (by Kwame standards, anyway) he'd be wise to simply re-sign in Memphis. If he bolts for cash to a higher profile team, like Miami or Boston, he'll once again be villified every time he fumbles a pass or blows a layup. Kwame is a small market kid with no confidence and he needs to stay with a small market team that has no expectations.

Definitely agree. The guy is not meant to burden any pressure or expectations. That's when he wilts.

Though to be fair, he also wilts when there isn't pressure because he's just not a good player (slightly below average at best). He needs to be a niche player on a small market team (as you said).

Return to Washington Wizards