ImageImageImageImageImage

Hire a new medical staff

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst
And1: 0

Re: Hire a new medical staff 

Post#61 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:57 pm

So what's Foye's status? How long is he out for? Or does no one care because he can't play defense?
Help us, Obi-wan Leonsis. You're our only hope.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#62 » by LyricalRico » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:41 pm

As much as Foye might hurt us defensively when he's on the floor (and the jury is still somewhat out on that IMO), we're hurt a lot more when he's injured and our backup PG is Earl freaking Boykins. We need him back.
jimij
Analyst
And1: 18

Post#63 » by jimij » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:50 pm

ZonkertheBrainless wrote:So what's Foye's status? How long is he out for? Or does no one care because he can't play defense?

Don't look now but what we really need is his offense.

(Never thought I'd have to say that).
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#64 » by keynote » Sun Oct 3, 2010 9:51 pm

Bump to highlight Crit's disparaging quotes about the Wizards' crack medical staff.

Although he took full responsibility for his 38-game suspension from Stern, Crittenton is still upset about the medical treatment he received from the Wizards. He had an exploratory surgery last October, but said his situation never improved and he needed another.
"A lot of people think I had one surgery and, 'Oh, it's taking a long time to heal,'" Crittenton said. "If the first surgery was successful, I would have been ready...It didn't go well. They went in from the wrong way and it didn't fix it. I had another surgery to actually repair it."

How many more quotes do we need to see like this before something is done? While I'm glad that Ted is personally checking every urinal cake in the Phone Booth, I hope that he's paying just as much attention in evaluating the performance of the team's trainers and medical staff.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
20MexicanosIn1Van
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#65 » by 20MexicanosIn1Van » Sun Oct 3, 2010 10:57 pm

Has everyone here emailed Ted about the medical staff? If not, please do so.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#66 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Oct 3, 2010 11:33 pm

How do we email Ted? I know many of you guys know. I don't know the best way.

(Thanks, 20MI1V)
Bye bye Beal.
AceDegenerate
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#67 » by AceDegenerate » Sun Oct 3, 2010 11:44 pm

keynote wrote:Bump to highlight Crit's disparaging quotes about the Wizards' crack medical staff.

Although he took full responsibility for his 38-game suspension from Stern, Crittenton is still upset about the medical treatment he received from the Wizards. He had an exploratory surgery last October, but said his situation never improved and he needed another.
"A lot of people think I had one surgery and, 'Oh, it's taking a long time to heal,'" Crittenton said. "If the first surgery was successful, I would have been ready...It didn't go well. They went in from the wrong way and it didn't fix it. I had another surgery to actually repair it."

How many more quotes do we need to see like this before something is done? While I'm glad that Ted is personally checking every urinal cake in the Phone Booth, I hope that he's paying just as much attention in evaluating the performance of the team's trainers and medical staff.

I really have to wonder if Gilbert Arenas doesn't miss 2 seasons if he played for say, the Suns with their medical team. They went in from the WRONG WAY? Are you kidding? This is a malpractice lawsuit if this happens to a regular person. This medical staff really has to go. :roll:
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,524

Post#68 » by closg00 » Mon Oct 4, 2010 12:15 am

Astonishing!! Our medical staff IS that bad :noway:
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#69 » by montestewart » Mon Oct 4, 2010 12:16 am

For those of you that follow the Caps, do you think they've experienced similar medical staff issues? Maybe Leonsis already has a different approach which he's bringing with him from the Caps.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,703

Post#70 » by montestewart » Mon Oct 4, 2010 12:20 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:How do we email Ted? I know many of you guys know. I don't know the best way.

(Thanks, 20MI1V)

I've reached him at washingtoncaps (AT) aol.com but he probably has a Wizards related email he uses now. Didn't one of his press releases include an email address?
AceDegenerate
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#71 » by AceDegenerate » Mon Oct 4, 2010 12:55 am

RealGM

Post#72 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 4, 2010 1:52 am

Mahalo nui loa (Thank you very much), KZ.
Bye bye Beal.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#73 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Oct 4, 2010 1:59 am

montestewart wrote:For those of you that follow the Caps, do you think they've experienced similar medical staff issues? Maybe Leonsis already has a different approach which he's bringing with him from the Caps.

It's hard to tell because the Caps as a team have very good depth so injuries don't have the impact they do with the Wizards. So a players absence isn't really met. But no, not as far as I've been following the Leonsis run Caps, have there been so many cases of negligent medical practice. This seems almost unbelievable.
RealGM

Post#74 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 4, 2010 2:01 am

Krizko Zero wrote:
keynote wrote:Bump to highlight Crit's disparaging quotes about the Wizards' crack medical staff.

I really have to wonder if Gilbert Arenas doesn't miss 2 seasons if he played for say, the Suns with their medical team. They went in from the WRONG WAY? Are you kidding? This is a malpractice lawsuit if this happens to a regular person. This medical staff really has to go. :roll:

No doubt in my mind the Wizards medical staff cost Gil a bit of his career. Yes, he's to blame for rushing back, too.

However, I remember seeing players like Jason Kidd come back from microfracture surgery with a big-picture approach. Slow and steady recovery. I recall posting in this forum that coming back with limited minutes, no matter how good a player feels is the best way to go. I used a comparison of baseball pitchers coming back from surgery with a pitch count. But the Wizards were STUPID.

I will NEVER forget EJ playing Gil over 40 minutes per game the first few games of a season between his second and third surgery. I posted before GIl went out again that the approach the medical staff and coaching were taking were a recipe for a lasting, perhaps career-ending injury.

Gil is a player and is somewhat responsible, as Grant Hill was in Detroit, for trying to play through and coming back too soon. OTOH, the Phoenix strength coach, their medical staff, and guys like Tim Grover have such expertise and authority that they get guys like Hill, Shaq, etc to LISTEN.

Amare Stoudemire would be blind today in one eye had he played for the Wizards. Their medical staff would let him play with blood and puss oozing out of his eyeball.

Irony: Gil and Javaris both screwed over by the medical staff.
Bye bye Beal.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#75 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Oct 4, 2010 2:07 am

That was trademark EJ. A player would come back from an injury and immediately play anywhere between 38-40 minutes.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,524

Post#76 » by closg00 » Mon Oct 4, 2010 2:16 am

Wizards2Lottery wrote:That was trademark EJ. A player would come back from an injury and immediately play anywhere between 38-40 minutes.

Sorry, but what about EJ's boss? I was enraged at EJ & Ernie both each time EJ did that^ whether is was Gilbert or AJ. One or both should have been fired for that. You dusted-off some really bad memories.
RealGM

Post#77 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 4, 2010 2:26 am

closq, I also posted EJs boss, Ernest the Great, should have been the one to make the coach not play Gil too much too soon.
Bye bye Beal.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#78 » by hands11 » Mon Oct 4, 2010 3:01 am

Wizards2Lottery wrote:That was trademark EJ. A player would come back from an injury and immediately play anywhere between 38-40 minutes.

Trademark is a good way of putting it.

Win now at any cost. I remember how we got off to a great start that one year and I was complaining about how we we not developing any of our players. Instead we played Gil and the gang 40 plus minutes a game and then tanked when every good team was ramping up for the playoffs with their rested players.

Kind of the opposite of what you would see a team like Boston and SA do.

People just took that good start as a stick for years. How short sighted EJ was. But hey, like I always said, he was looking to get paid and he was. Even if it took riding Gil's coat tails till they feel off. I remember him doing the same things with AJ one year.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#79 » by hands11 » Mon Oct 4, 2010 4:03 am

montestewart wrote:For those of you that follow the Caps, do you think they've experienced similar medical staff issues? Maybe Leonsis already has a different approach which he's bringing with him from the Caps.

Dray and Howard seem to be on or ahead of schedule.

But, for what it is worth, I emailed him also and invited him to come visit us here to say hey.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#80 » by keynote » Mon Oct 4, 2010 4:15 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Gil is a player and is somewhat responsible, as Grant Hill was in Detroit, for trying to play through and coming back too soon. OTOH, the Phoenix strength coach, their medical staff, and guys like Tim Grover have such expertise and authority that they get guys like Hill, Shaq, etc to LISTEN.

Ironically, DET's trainer is usually mentioned in the same breath as PHX's medical team as the two leading staffs in the league. DET's trainer was in the news at the end of last year from banning players from wearing Nike Hyperizes for lacking adequate ankle support.

In any event, I do agree that the Wizards' medical staff's wack reputation/lack of gravitas is a problem in and of itself. Even when they get it right, players are inclined to seek second and third opinions, or take matters into their own hands. Obviously, building an elite DET/PHX-level staff would be ideal, but even swapping out the current hacks for a new set of trainers/medical staff with average skills/credentials would have benefit, if only because their reputation would be a relatively clean slate to shape going forward.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.

Return to Washington Wizards