Post#1 » by daSwami » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:28 pm

ibtl
:banghead:
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Re: the (inevitable) Amazingly Sucky Mike James thread 

Post#2 » by MJG » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:32 pm

I was already thinking about this too ;) I was thinking that within a game or two, Tap would give James that starting job over Dixon. Then, three or four games later, people would start asking for this thread. Looks like you beat everyone to the punch!
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,449

Post#3 » by mhd » Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:36 pm

Mike James can't play worse than D-Suckashawn is playing now.
Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#4 » by Halcyon » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:23 pm

This is the guy we got for AD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIXwkkZyi9k
WashWiz54
Veteran
And1: 434

Post#5 » by WashWiz54 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:46 pm

^ What's wrong with that video?

He was right in his assessment of the situation he was in. The Raptors team was terrible and people used Mike as the scapegoat. He was very good in Toronto and hopefully he'll be just as good here.

I'm giving the guy a clean slate and hopefully he performs. He's been backing up CP3 the last couple seasons so maybe with consistent playing time he can re-find his form. The guy has been a Wizard for less than 24 hours and he's already hated more than EJ was at his peak (or lack there of).

Give the dude a chance!
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#6 » by miller31time » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:23 am

LOL, why would this thread be locked?

Inevitable is right.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,032

Post#7 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:10 am

Over a year ago, I posted a James for AD trade.

James has had 2 really rough seasons, but I haven't forgotten his really good season 3 years ago. I'm not going to judge him based on one year in Minnesota and a year split in logjams at Houston and New Orleans.

With Minnesota he played with Garnett, but the next best player was Ricky Davis. Hassell, Blount, and mediocre to bad players made up that roster. The next season, at Houston IIRC Alston had already been starting for years when James got there, and Head had started as well. The Rockets also had Francis in training camp. There was no role for him there, so James was shipped to New Orleans from a team that didn't need him. With New Orleans, Paul was the man and Pargo was already a good backup to him. Again, James really didn't have much room to shine or a role to look forward to.

I think it's shortsighted to not take into consideration that the guy's stats have been affected by the teams/situations he's been in.

I think Washington's offensive talent is better than Minnesota's was and that James has a chance to be a scoring PG in this system. I don't think he'll suck at all.
Bye bye Beal.
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#8 » by MJG » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:38 am

I'm really surprised at the number of people who seem to actually like James. I mean, how many players in their 30s have three straight years of sharp decline in their play, then bounce back into something good? Circumstances could play a role in that, but considering he's been with several teams during that time, I think most of the problem is with the player.

I think there's a real chance he plays better here than he has with the Hornets so far this year (how could he not?), but he'll still be a mediocre role player at best.
BrooklynBulls
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,652

Post#9 » by BrooklynBulls » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:18 am

Guys, Mike James is past it. I think mediocre would be a fantastic reach for him. Every time James plays, you guys should be asking yourselves why Nick Young or Javaris Crittenton aren't instead.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,032

Post#10 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:19 am

I just listed that he played one year with a lousy Minnesota team. He splilt last season behind Alston at Houston and Paul at New Orleans. That's the several teams ...

I think James is going to be a very pleasant surprise.
Bye bye Beal.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#11 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:08 am

I really like that in the youtube video he says, "you know, they say you miss 100% of the shot that you take."

I hope that that doesn't prove prophetic.
In Rizzo we trust
ChrisTheFuturePaul
Veteran
And1: 104

Post#12 » by ChrisTheFuturePaul » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:43 am

Don't expect Mike to see the court. As a Hornets fan I'm just amazed we got rid of him without having to give up anything else?!!

I'm not really a Daniels fan, but from what i've heard hes atleast "safe" to put out on the court, something James is certainly not.

You guys did this deal for Crit, nothing else.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,116

Post#13 » by Dat2U » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:49 am

I can't wait to see Mike James & DeSuckaShawn Stevenson starting in the same backcourt together.

It's all about "tanking with diginity". James & Stevenson each playing 30 minutes a night maximizes our tanking potential.

Where's that "tanking with diginity" sig folks were talking about putting together? We need one with James, Stevenson & Etan in there.
Mr. Tibbs
Head Coach
And1: 467

Post#14 » by Mr. Tibbs » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:31 am

i think james will help short term. I really think the guy can still score (although not much else). Obviously once arenas comes back, i think james will go back to sucking again. He doesn't thrive in reserve roles all that well. Still, this is a great deal for you guys. Crittenton has the tools to be a great player, and with an expanded role, I wouldn't be surprised if he helps you guys forget about daniels pretty quickly.

I'm not sure what just compelled me to write on this board. I guess I'm finally over the fact that you beat us in the playoffs in 04-05 and can admit that I like watching your team play.
RIP Johnny Red Kerr, Norm Van Lier, Pdenninggolden, Bullsmaniac
WizStorm
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8

Post#15 » by WizStorm » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:24 pm

Mr. Tibbs wrote:i think james will help short term. I really think the guy can still score (although not much else). Obviously once arenas comes back, i think james will go back to sucking again. He doesn't thrive in reserve roles all that well. Still, this is a great deal for you guys. Crittenton has the tools to be a great player, and with an expanded role, I wouldn't be surprised if he helps you guys forget about daniels pretty quickly.

I'm not sure what just compelled me to write on this board. I guess I'm finally over the fact that you beat us in the playoffs in 04-05 and can admit that I like watching your team play.
Have you actually watched a Wizards game this season? :D
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,392

Post#16 » by nate33 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:32 pm

I just wanted to make sure that I'm on the record (in the proper thread) of predicting that Mike James will be amazingly sucky. He is an awful player right now and I'm confident that he will remain awful while on our team. I'd be happy if he was bought out before his first game in a Wizards uniform.
Da HomeTeam
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#17 » by Da HomeTeam » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:24 pm

I agree with CCJ he will be a pleasant surprise.

I hope.
R.I.P. #21 - Gone but not forgotten!
GilArenas88
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#18 » by GilArenas88 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:35 pm

Chucky Atkins version -2.0
WizarDynasty
Veteran
And1: 192

Post#19 » by WizarDynasty » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:38 pm

I don't understand how you can hate on a guy that hasn't even step onto our basketball court. He was an overachiever..performing as an elite undersize shooting guard back in his days with miami heat. Even more fascinating is the fact that he is probably our best one on one defender at the point guard spot which speaks volumes to Grunfeld's ability to get us an elite one on one pg defender since he has been here in washington. Great Job Grunfeld.
Build your team with five shooters using Paul Pierce Form deeply bent hips and lower back arch at same time. before rising into shot. Elbow not pointing to the ground! } Avdija=young Paul Pierce
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#20 » by miller31time » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:08 am

Ok, so NOW we can call him amazingly sucky.

Didn't take long.

Return to Washington Wizards