Wiz-Board Rules, Links, Traditions and HOF Posts Thread

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,701

Re: Wiz-Board Rules, Links, Traditions and HOF Posts Thread 

Post#121 » by montestewart » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:08 pm

Nominated. Seconded. Enshrined. Pete Rose can't say that.

stilldropin20 wrote:, I’m with you 100% on this. I cannot believe my eyes when I read the posts multiple people who are flat out burying their heads in the sand on this. I mean it’s like we have flat earthers here of the FISA courts system. They just don’t want to believe what is clear as daylight and right in front of them.

At this point it’s just made it impossible to converse with these posters So I am strictly conversing with Nate and whichever conservatives pop up from time to time or the liberals that might have an open mind about actual evidence that is right in front of them. So maybe DCkings falls into that category . I actually do wish there was a reverse blocking function to where I could block each every liberal on here from even reading my posts at this point. I do not want to interact with you guys at all in anyway shape or form those of you who have not blocked me please do at this point. I will be blocking each and everyone of you over the next couple of days. I’ve come to understand that there just is no ground to cover here between us. at all. So there is no point in subjecting you guys to my posts nor me to yours.

there is no greater issue in politics at all right now other than the 2016 complete subversion and perversion of our legal and justice system while obtaining these fisa warrants. The surveillance that resulted because of these warrants, and most importantly the attempted subversion and perversion of our election cycle by a political opponent using the existing politicallly appointed justice system.

All of which has resulted in what is nothing more than an attempted coup of our duly elected president of United States.

The fact that the media has been complicit in all of this that the mainstream liberal media has been fully complicit in all of this is almost as disgusting.

There is no greater issue. Nothing else matters until this is solved.

I do not understand how anybody could be concerned about anything else. Other than the military, the entire government should be completely frozen and every single asset of the United States government should be used to completely unravel this entire folly of an election cycle. and I don’t care who’s wrong nor who did what. if Trump colluded I’m ready for a perp walk. but it’s becoming very very very clear that he did not. And everything else it was just a set up by a political opponent.

Shame on them. shame on all of them. and shame on anybody who doesn’t think this is important. Shame on any American thinks this is how you win elections. that any of this is OK. There is no need at all for me to converse with anyone on any level that thinks that any of that is OK. I don’t care to know you in anyway shape or form.

Political Roundtable Part XVIII
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,271

Post#122 » by doclinkin » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:05 pm

montestewart wrote:
TGW wrote:
montestewart wrote:Sure, you can muddy the waters with facts, but only at the expense of STD's faux-Gordian not "Rothschilds funded the Holocaust" variation of Holocaust denial. Where's the fun in that? It's positively Rube Goldbergian (even when slandering Jews as being behind the destruction of Jews, STD had to misappropriate a Jew's intellectual property).

How do allow STD to promote that stuff? At some point, a line has to be drawn, eh?

I hear you. If I thought there was even one person around here that was the least bit receptive/susceptible to that racist line of thinking, I might respond differently. As it is though, it seems allowing a voice is the equivalent of giving enough rope to that and all partnered views, and face it, the boy can't help it.

Trump rose to power on the strength of emotion at the expense of reason. I'm not going to waste time debating against the political equivalent of contending that Ricky Davis was A BEAST! But until some more sane people come in and more cogently attempt to argue for some of that perspective, STD will dominate his end of the spectrum and indeed be a constant poster child for Trump support. I don't think having that in your face is a bad thing.

STD was chased off the Wizards board once, was chased off the Bulls board, wouldn't last a day on the Current Affairs board, and is too self-absorbed to even acknowledge the temporary haven this board has offered his...discourse. You can ignore him, as many do. Or you can debate him if you like. I don't see the point in the latter. Property Dentist TFG.

HOF mod work.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,846

Post#123 » by dckingsfan » Sun May 6, 2018 1:46 pm

:)

payitforward wrote:
AFM wrote:PEDANTIC PIF POAST INCOMING!!!! TAKE COVER!!!!!

Dolor? Urna nec sed non porttitor pid? In duis, ut sed in, et placerat sed nec mus pid nec aliquet, pellentesque, tincidunt habitasse odio! Ut, lectus lectus enim, dolor a!

Cursus etiam. Turpis lorem aliquet? Dapibus ridiculus nunc, tincidunt nec integer parturient nisi adipiscing in, lacus. Egestas turpis, in augue penatibus pulvinar tempor porta? Habitasse! Tempor. Ultricies tincidunt arcu amet! Sociis est habitasse!

Mus, eu mus? Etiam elementum aliquam. Diam porttitor ultricies, egestas adipiscing a! Risus! Ridiculus, odio augue enim mus velit dapibus scelerisque. Et platea etiam mattis odio lacus? Hac scelerisque integer montes sit! Mattis? Tincidunt ac cras porttitor nunc? Ultricies. In est enim nisi placerat ultricies! Eu porta, mid in, nunc non, velit sed phasellus tempor augue, lacus.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#124 » by dckingsfan » Mon May 7, 2018 4:45 pm

It's strange and quark(y) that Ji is tied to this :)

BigA wrote:
leswizards wrote:
BigA wrote:To be fair, Ji started the thread *after* Ernie had already been secretly extended.

So maybe the direction of causation is different. Rather than things not happening because Ji predicts them, perhaps he only predicts things after it becomes metaphysically certain that they won't happen?

This could possibly be a schrodinger's cat situation. The cat is both alive and dead until you open the box. Ji opened the box with his prediction, and guaranteed that cat lives on.

Ji and Ted are ripping a hole in the space-time continuum.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#125 » by dckingsfan » Wed May 30, 2018 2:33 pm

:D

payitforward wrote:Free speech is free speech. It's not free if someone gets to censor it. Hence, if Roseanne Barr wants to post a racist tweet, no one should stop her. &, no one did stop her. Twitter didn't take down her post.

OTOH, having a show on ABC or any other channel is not a free speech right. Obviously, ABC is not required to give her a show b/c she has the right to free speech -- are they required to give stilldropin20 a show, b/c he thinks he has a lot to say? Obviously not. & they're not required to give me a show either! Even though, unlike Stillpoopin', I actually do have a lot to say.

OTOH, Roseanne Barr is certainly free to move her show to any network or other organization that wants to host it. I doubt any will. If I had to guess, I'd say her show biz career is over -- which is too bad, as she is incredibly talented. But if some venue does pick up her show or a next show by her, then that is fine.

Nor is comparing Trump to an orangutan in any way similar to comparing a black person to an ape. Any more than it's comparable to me calling Stillflopin20 a jackass. Similarly, if Stilldroolin20 decided to call me a jackass in return, or if he had the imagination to come up with some other animal/vegetable/mineral comparison, I would have no basis to complain that he was being a racist or an anti-Semite (I'm Jewish) or... anything.

He'd be incorrect, of course, but he's free to insult me or make jokes at my expense to his heart's delight. In fact, I support his right to call me a fool or a "liberal" or... well... anything insulting he wants. After all, like Stilldrinkin' I'm from Chicago. We Chicagoans know how to hand it out, & we know how to take it too. So, have at it Stillstoopin! :)

But, if Stillgropin is Jewish, or if he's black, & I call him a "dirty Jew" or "an ape in a business suit," then I would expect to be hear about it from mods, & if I were to keep on doing it, I would expect to be banned. The mods, and RealGM itself, have the right to define standards of speech for an environment like this. For the same reason, ABC has the right to drop Roseanne Barr's show.

In fact, it doesn't have to just be racism or anti-Semitism or anything like that. There are also reasonable standards of civil speech. E.g. if I were to continue to make up insulting names for Stillpukin', in that case too I'd expect to be chastised by the Mods. But, Mods, I will never do it again -- I did it here only so that I would be able to make the point I'm driving at in this paragraph.

This issue of civility is, of course unrelated to Roseanne Barr or racism or anything of that kind. & along those lines, Stilldropin20, I ask you to accept my apology for wrenching your handle in order to make this point.

Nor is speech of this kind likely to lead to easier communication or more light as opposed to heat. For that matter, I imagine we'd all prefer that political discourse be more civil. But it never has been, so it would be inadvisable to hold one's breath!

Peace out! :wink: :nod:
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#126 » by doclinkin » Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:13 am

montestewart wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:you're just too stupid. sorry.

Hey, cut it out, that's not the high road! When they go low, we get high!

I have an uncle, a brother-in-law, and a nephew who all served on submarines in similar capacities to STD, since US submarines are at least part spying operation at all times. Like missile combat crews, submariners have specific knowledge of specific technology, processes, procedures, and assignments related to their jobs, and this requires some level of security clearance. My father and my father-in-law both served in high-level government capacities in defense/international diplomacy, and these required much higher and much broader security clearances, giving access to much more information and allowing them to do their jobs. (PS: I have another brother-in-law and a cousin who are dentists, and I also have a cousin, an aunt, and a sister who are in real estate. At Thanksgiving, it's like STD IS THERE!)

In all these cases, the clearances are vetting processes, rating someone regarding access to present or future information. The clearance doesn't give anyone real time access to information they would not otherwise have. It's not like after the election, once Donald Trump became president, and suddenly by virtue of his being president elect he had access to real time top secret information which he immediately began sharing with Russia. It's not like when Donald Trump as president invited Russian dignitaries into the Oval Office and denied access to the FAKE NEWS press, but allowed Russian state run propaganda machine press in, the latter inadvertently (or not) recording and broadcasting Trump smilingly sharing (intentionally or carelessly, WGAF?) top secret information with a US enemy.

The Trump administration's very public revocation of security clearances, along with their very public threats to do so, is clearly intended to silence criticism and scare critics, just as Trump's war on FAKE NEWS is. These may stem originally from the fact that Trump is such a vain, thin-skinned egomaniac, but because his supporters are in such denial about their president's self-centered insecurity and boastful self-appraisals, he and his administration have increasingly been able to transform his childlike whininess into a political weapon casting any criticism of him or the administration as treasonous acts committed not against him but against the country and its people.

Pay STD no mind. I won't say his expressed views are harmless, but debating him can be a pointless exercise. You aren't debating actual points. He's either full on farce, political operative, or too deep in the koolaid to see 1brave9new8world4 picked up by his sonar. Or perhaps he and others are fearful that I am right, that this is the direction we are headed, and they don't want to fall on the wrong side of a full on fascist state. Little Trumps they are.

Not that I do all that much debating period, but I'm here all the time. You see me debating STD or GOC? I have at times debated Nate, and he's acknowledged a few of my points, and I've acknowledged a few of his points. That's a debate. I've had a few discussions with popper too. I've even debated dck--who I don't consider a conservative, he just wants to know where all the effing money is going to come from, which is a perfectly valid question. I've also debated with Zards and others who aren't conservatives at all. Debate with people who you disagree on something. Don't debate with human bullet pointed propaganda machines. Was not a man, was some sorta debatin' machine.

Mod of Fame.
montestewart wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:you're just too stupid. sorry.

Hey, cut it out, that's not the high road! When they go low, we get high!

I have an uncle, a brother-in-law, and a nephew who all served on submarines in similar capacities to STD, since US submarines are at least part spying operation at all times. Like missile combat crews, submariners have specific knowledge of specific technology, processes, procedures, and assignments related to their jobs, and this requires some level of security clearance. My father and my father-in-law both served in high-level government capacities in defense/international diplomacy, and these required much higher and much broader security clearances, giving access to much more information and allowing them to do their jobs. (PS: I have another brother-in-law and a cousin who are dentists, and I also have a cousin, an aunt, and a sister who are in real estate. At Thanksgiving, it's like STD IS THERE!)

In all these cases, the clearances are vetting processes, rating someone regarding access to present or future information. The clearance doesn't give anyone real time access to information they would not otherwise have. It's not like after the election, once Donald Trump became president, and suddenly by virtue of his being president elect he had access to real time top secret information which he immediately began sharing with Russia. It's not like when Donald Trump as president invited Russian dignitaries into the Oval Office and denied access to the FAKE NEWS press, but allowed Russian state run propaganda machine press in, the latter inadvertently (or not) recording and broadcasting Trump smilingly sharing (intentionally or carelessly, WGAF?) top secret information with a US enemy.

The Trump administration's very public revocation of security clearances, along with their very public threats to do so, is clearly intended to silence criticism and scare critics, just as Trump's war on FAKE NEWS is. These may stem originally from the fact that Trump is such a vain, thin-skinned egomaniac, but because his supporters are in such denial about their president's self-centered insecurity and boastful self-appraisals, he and his administration have increasingly been able to transform his childlike whininess into a political weapon casting any criticism of him or the administration as treasonous acts committed not against him but against the country and its people.

Pay STD no mind. I won't say his expressed views are harmless, but debating him can be a pointless exercise. You aren't debating actual points. He's either full on farce, political operative, or too deep in the koolaid to see 1brave9new8world4 picked up by his sonar. Or perhaps he and others are fearful that I am right, that this is the direction we are headed, and they don't want to fall on the wrong side of a full on fascist state. Little Trumps they are.

Not that I do all that much debating period, but I'm here all the time. You see me debating STD or GOC? I have at times debated Nate, and he's acknowledged a few of my points, and I've acknowledged a few of his points. That's a debate. I've had a few discussions with popper too. I've even debated dck--who I don't consider a conservative, he just wants to know where all the effing money is going to come from, which is a perfectly valid question. I've also debated with Zards and others who aren't conservatives at all. Debate with people who you disagree on something. Don't debate with human bullet pointed propaganda machines. Was not a man, was some sorta debatin' machine.

More Mod of Fame.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#127 » by dckingsfan » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:32 pm

Damn doclink...
doclinkin wrote:Now as a lefty kid who grew up on "question authority" buttons and protest marches and watched the Watergate hearings in my hippie co-op daycare and then watched the Hippies become Yuppies in the 'get yours' 80's and folk song protexts become nihilist punk rock --

--then the rise of hiphop first as black CNN then gangster rap becoming 'keeping it real' where fake gangsters try to attain gang status and an artform that disseminated information that wasn't being heard otherwise instead devolved into incoherent mumbling, in a country where a Right wing court was packed and suddenly corporations have more rights than citizens and people get upset and scared at the radical concept that black lives matter.... I dunno.

I'd have more words probably in the poetry thread trying to tease it all out.

But. Can we find points of agreement? Yes. Why not.

Of course there is an international conspiracy of moneyed interests. Duh. There are multiple competing ICOMI's if I can coin an acronym. Some are more successful than others at steering the future. Some have more some have less guiding principles scruples or ethics, or ethnicity if you give a **** about that sort of thing. Personally I doubt my ability to influence or affect money on that scale. But Im all for democracy as a concept where the little guy banding together behind an idea can even in a small way steer policy that affects the powerful. Why I also believe in unions even though they of course are also corrupt at times.

Of course there is a Deep State. Stupid to me that things have gotten so jiu jistu twisted that you have Lefty sorts defending the guilds of assassins and covert influence. But spycraft is necessary ugly work and should transcend cable news level of herky jerk news cycle driven belief systems. It should identify the aims of statecraft and attempt to further our best interests in the world. Stateside it should look at dangerous and destabilizing criminality within our borders and blunt or neuter it and lock up bad actors.

Of course the Intelligence community and the Fourth Estate are biased against Trump. He has earned it by attacking them. Chosen powerful enemies. This is what he does. Why you like him. He p1sses people off. Right or wrong.

I don't know why Hillary comes up again and again except to deflect inquiry to other failings. But as a lefty, yeah even if she was the most qualified and experienced candidate to ever run for that office (having shaped Bills policies, served in the Senate, served as Sec State and been in public policy all her life) yes she was in the pocket of Wall Street. And was a hawk when it came to middle east policy and the influence of Russia. Between Putin and Hillary we would be in a reactivated cold war right now. I disliked her as a candidate even while I respected that as hated as she is she must have been doing something right since she kept getting eelected and gaining progressively more responsibility even with grudging respect from her peers across the aisle. I liked her better after reading her 'secret' emails. Brassy, tough, with heart, and still keeping an eye on the underserved. I still thought she was an awful candidate since her public charisma is negative.

Yes an increased inheritance tax would mean legacy wealth is not simply sitting untouched and swelling but pours back into public policy in potentially positive ways.

As for Trump. Um. Yeah. I agree he shakes things up.

I have my opinion about all of the above, but living in NYC in the 80's I have hated Trump long before he had a reality show or political ambitions. He has had racist housing policies. Anyone who has ever been in business with him has gotten ripped off. He looks for low bids and then fails to pay and says "well you are getting benefit from my name" and if you push he says "sue me" or he will threaten the little guy with lawsuits if they speak out about it.

He is no self-made millionaire or billionaire, he has commonly had more debt than income, or paper value, or leastways that has been the scuttlebutt in NYC Real Estate common wisdom, but and has been bailed out of six bankruptcies by his family and by borrowing more money from ever shadier sources. Bluster and debt and losing other peoples money has been how he made his name. Then he got a reality show.

I've known maintenance folk who work in his buildings and who also know the shady side of shady (if you're in Chicago real estate you understand) who say his highest priced properties were largely empty zombie real estate until Russians with bodyguards started buying apartments. And often leaving them empty. IN NYC in the 90s there were only two sources of cash in real estate after the Japanese stopped investing overseas: China and the Russian mafia. Its common chatter. Ask an FBI field agent in NYC who the bad actors were once the italian mafia got fat and toothless.

But yeah in NYC every time his name was attached to something it would have a glam surface and flashy opening -- and a bad ending with lawsuits and the little guy getting snuffed. Interview anyone from a company catering his event, to the guy delivering marble veneers for his lobby who had to himself go out of business behind unpaid invoices followed by lawsuits. He's shady as they come and a total conman. His deal is NDAs for everyone then lawsuits when you complain after he inevitably rips you off. That's how he approaches every deal: big promises, no follow thru, and in every deal somebody is ripping somebody off.

As for his governance. Eh, too much to go into. Except to say that to me the way to repatriate wealth as far as Im concerned is not to give tax cuts to the richest earners and owners. But instead to foster small business growth. Tax breaks not for corporations but for mom and pop businesses. Not for capital gains. But for businesses involved in building infrastructure, sustainable energy. Not corporate agribusiness. But the working dude. The America of MAGA was not so great for people of color or any difference (gay, foreign, etc) but if you look at the countries greatest explosion of wealth and the middle class, following WW2 look at the tax code. Millionaires were taxed at a dollar for dollar rate. To whom much is given much is expected. And we used it to build a transportation system and NASA and the internet and the best University system in the world etc etc etc. Investing in the future. Even sci fi of that time was hopeful, believing science could cure the world.

And with a family that has folks from Cambodia and the Carribean and European immigrants fleeing Hitler, it seems to me stupid to slam the door on immigration. Instead we have often renewed ourselves and built our country with the people who have the brass nuts to look at where they were born and want better for themselves and their family. The Drumpf family. Trump knew first gen immigrants in his own family. Even Ivana and Melania came over here to take their hoeing to a more lucrative market. Anyway. Much to argue about but no point. Unless we are trying to find middle ground or solutions.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#128 » by dckingsfan » Wed Apr 3, 2019 10:07 pm

We just can't let this one go...

montestewart wrote:
milellie111 wrote:The shoes Mr. Grunfeld leaves behind will not be easy to fill.

I'll bet Gilbert could fill them. Maybe he already did.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#129 » by doclinkin » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:53 pm

Mojo Amok wrote:Page 19 is full-on Doctor Phil with an "I'm not the problem, you're the problem" moment. Great. Ratings up, wellness down.

If PHP message boards infected with invasive Ukranian malware weren't self-defeating enough, why not bring in a belligerent forensic actuary with a repetition fetish to deliver the coup de grâce? Are we having fun yet? Is the neck measurement on my dress-shirt a rough approximation for a noose? I mean, 15.5 feels a little tight, but asking for a friend.

r/washingtonwizards is thinking, what, maybe two years out till they add the RealGM biological and technological distinctiveness to their own? This is free time - it's discretionary. People could do anything with these moments.

Is anyone planning for their tears in rain speech to be about arguing in favor of contextual interpretations of hardwood happenings? I don't even mean about defending their own personal interpretations versus conflicting viewpoints, which was the entire point of this message board at one point. I mean defending the intrinsic value of contextual interpretations as an alternative to narrowly-focused absolutist mathematical determinism. As posited by the same person time and again. Mathematical determinism presented in a manner that inherently stifles opinions and further discourse. It ain’t exactly a conversation starter, amirightbro? Is this not contrary to the entire purpose of a message board? It's supposed to be a vehicle of self-expression, for F's sake.

There's a certain threshold that people have for rolling their eyes and muttering "here we go again." Beyond that point and they aren't skipping over puddles to come back during their unpaid downtime. Many can find frustration on-tap 9-5 daily, which is at least offset with remuneration.

We are on page 19 of the Thomas Bryant thread. I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Shooting .82% from the field within 3' of the cup with pick and pop potential glittering in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. Projecting future usage rates or per-36 numbers from this is uncertain, but we’re not allowed to talk about that here because the Demogorgon’s going to eat Hawkins. Or something.

It has been said. It is known. I’m out...McDonkertonesque.

From the Thomas Bryant thread.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#130 » by doclinkin » Tue Sep 3, 2019 10:26 pm

Tricky issue, buta well written screed:

pancakes3 wrote:biologically, a fetus is different from an infant. you can quibble about the line of when a fetus becomes viable, but in persisting on equating all wombed entities with all born entities is just factually incorrect. moreover, nobody is advocating for the absolute right to terminate all pregnancies without restriction. take a state like Alaska, that has no restrictions on how late an abortion could take place - there was only 1 reported case of post-20-week abortion in 2015. week 20 out of 40. and a 20-week old fetus as a 0% chance of viability. nationally, only 1.3% of abortions occur after 20 weeks, and virtually all of them due to medical complications - not elective birth control. 91.1% of all abortions occur within the first trimester. if you're trying to equate a 12-week-old fetus with a human baby, you're devaluing the worth of a human baby. if you're trying to say that the 1.3% is still murder, you're saying that given the choice to save a mother vs. saving a fetus, the mother's life has no value.

historically, abortion is a non-issue, designed by the evangelical right in the 80's to be an emotional trigger, clouding actual issues, to win over working class votes. even amongst deeply religious and misogynistic 19th and early 20th century Americans, abortion was an accepted practice. keep in mind, this is in an era of our puritanical history where women couldn't even vote.

practically speaking, abortion rates have gone down every single year since 1990, and is currently at its lowest numbers since Roe was passed. thanks to the services provided by organizations such as planned parenthood - be it education, or contraceptives, the decision to abort is becoming less and less frequent. teen pregnancy is down. birth rate is down.

legally, Roe and Casey are such deeply entrenched, well reasoned precedents, that no Court, no matter how right wing, would be able to find legal footing to overturn.

the best that a conservative Court can hope to do is chip away at Roe and Casey, preserving the right to abort on a federal level, but allowing states to restrict it. this would lead to a bifucation of states between places like Alabama, Georgia, and Mississippi and abortion-tolerant states. The Alabamas and Georgias of the world would be able to push the law as far as they can push it (if i had to guess, setting the viability limits prior to 20 weeks would difficult to implement because of Roe, but states would be allowed to tax abortion providers, indirectly banning abortions, and abortion providers would be subject to the whims of federal grant money and charitable funding - gets fuzzy with universal health care; probably cannot criminalize providers, seeing as how abortion is still protected under Roe).

and i know this is a lot to slog through, but even in recognizing that there's a slog highlights the sh*tshow nonsense the "abortion debate" really is. it's a ruse. a distraction. it's a way for republicans to vilify democrats without dems having to actually do anything actually evil - just convince that Dem platforms aren't just wrong, but intrinsically evil. abortion isn't just sad, it's EVIL. welfare isn't just sad, it's a MORAL FAILING of a LAZY POPULOUS. socialism isn't just a check on late-stage capitalism, setting floors and ceilings, in an effort to prevent too much money funneling into too few people, but an UNARTICULATED COMMUNIST ATTACK ON AMERICAN VALUES.

and when Dems cry foul on policy disagreements such as military spending or crony capitalism, the cognitive dissonance within the intellectually lazy doesn't allow for them to change parties because the moral stakes of MURDER outweigh any viable counterarguments on the other side.

I'm making this HOF so I don't have to search for it later.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#131 » by dckingsfan » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:56 pm

Oh my...

JWizmentality wrote:Every time I stand over my toilet to take a wee, I can't help but feel an overwhelming sense of disappointment because I know Brandon Clarke is using his time better than I.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#132 » by doclinkin » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:20 pm

montestewart wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:as clear a rebuke and referendum as it should be, i really don't think Barr or Trump gives a fig. they'll just promote sycophants to fill the spots and it'll be business as usual.

can't shame the shameless.

"There's not 1 person in the Democratic party who's morally superior to him, so what differencedoes it make? You dont have a better alternative."

---- daoneandonly

:dontknow:

That’s just plain ol’ trock n troll.
Everyone knows that Trump’s a pedo
“Morally superior” so that’s the bar?
Just about everybody is by far.
Huey Newton, Charles Manson,
Taylor, Zac and Isaac Hanson
Liberace, Yanni, and GG Allen
Galloping Gourmet and squirtin Fallon
Captain Kangaroo, the Good Humor Man
The little girl’s butt with a Coppertone tan
Rosie Ruiz and Rosie O’Donnell
Mayor McCheese and Ronald McDonald
Pretty much anyone you can name
Trump’s shamelessness put them all to shame
Didn’t really know how low you could go
Til I saw his fat ass sag to the flo

Monte goes HOF in the politics thread.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#133 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Mar 7, 2020 9:07 pm

doclinkin, that post payitforward just put about draft picks 9 and 15...THAT was HOF-worthy IMO.
Bye bye Beal.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,855

Post#134 » by payitforward » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:47 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:doclinkin, that post payitforward just put about draft picks 9 and 15...THAT was HOF-worthy IMO.

Thanks, CCJ.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,701

Post#135 » by montestewart » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:10 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:doclinkin, that post payitforward just put about draft picks 9 and 15...THAT was HOF-worthy IMO.

This one, right?

payitforward wrote:I thought Zards' comment would be best discussed here:
DCZards wrote:...many experts are saying that the 8th or 9th draft pick in next year's draft probably won't yield a much better player than a pick a little later in the draft.

This year, next year's any year's. Here are 11 drafts

Year: #9 pick <> #15 pick (list of players taken later than either of them who are better than at least 1 & often both of them)

2008: D.J. Augustin <> Robin Lopez (Ryan Anderson, Kosta Koufos, Nic Batum, Serge Ibaka, DeAndre Jordan, & a couple others)
2009: DeMar DeRozan <> Austin Daye (Jrue Holiday, Ty Lawson, Jeff Teague, Darren Collison, Taj Gibson, Demarre Carroll, Jonas Jerebko, Patrick Beverly, Danny Green, Patty Mills, & a few others)
2010: Gordon Hayward <> Larry Sanders (Eric Bledsoe, Quincy Pondexter, & a dozen other guys better than Sanders -- not to mention Paul George better than Hayward)
2011: Kemba Walker <> Kawhi Leonard (no one better than Leonard. Better than Walker = Jimmy Butler & maybe IT)
2012: Andre Drummond <> Maurice Harkless (Tomas Satoransky, Jae Crowder, Draymond Green, Khris Middleton, Will Barton, Kyle O'Quinn)
2013: Trey Burke <> Giannis Antetekounmpo (better than Burke -- Snell, Dieng, Hill, Hardaway, Gobert, Ennis)
2014: Noah Vonleh <> Adreian Payne (Nurkic, Napier, Capela, Spencer Dinwiddie, Jerami Grant, Glenn Robinson, Nikola Jokic, Dwight Powell, Jordan Clarkson, Jordan McRae)
2015: Frank Kaminsky <> Kelly Oubre (Terry Rozier, Delon Wright, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, Larry Nance, Kevon Looney, Cedi Osman, Monrezl Harrell, Richaun Holmes, Josh Richardson, Pat Connaughton)
2016: Jakob Poeltl <> Juan Hernangomez (Malik Beasley, Caris Levert, Pascal Siakam, Skal Labissiere, Dejounte Murray, Malcolm Brogdon, Patrick McCaw)
2017: Dennis Smith <> Justin Jackson (John Collins, Jarrett Allen, OG Anunoby, Derrick White, Josh Hart, Thomas Bryant, Jordan Bell, Dillon Brooks, Monte Morris, Edmond Sumner)
2018: Kevin Knox <> Troy Brown, Jr. (DiVincenzo, Kevin Huerter, Chandler Hutchinson, Brunson, Graham, Robinson, Bonga, Diallo, Melton, Bates-Diop & maybe a few others are better than Knox at least).

The 4 best guys taken #9: DeRozan, Hayward, Walker, Drummond.

The 4 best guys taken #15: Lopez, Leonard, Giannis, Oubre

The 2 best players overall -- Leonard & Giannis -- both taken #15

The 35 best players in that whole list? In no particular order: DeRozan, Hayward, Walker, Giannis, Leonard, Butler, Anderson, Batum, Ibaka, Jordan, Holiday, Beverly, Green, Middleton, Gobert, Capela, Jokic, Nance, Drummond, Looney, Harrell, Connaughton, Siakam, Murray, Brogdon, Collins, Allen, Anunoby, White, Bryant, Morris, Brown, Robinson, DiVincenzo, Brunson.

4 of them were only available if you had the #9 pick. The other 31 were all available at #15. In fact, many of them could have been had in pairs by trading down from the #15.

How about the guys taken before #9 but outside the top 3 picks, how many #4-8 picks have been better than guys on that list of 35? Well, Curry ('09), Cousins ('10 -- maybe), Lillard ('12), Porzingis ('15 -- no, but it's easier just to list him than argue), Jarren Jackson ('18 -- & that is only if he develops a whole lot from where he is now).

Re: 2020 Draft (p. 34)

Don't get nearly enough basketball analysis posts in the HOF!
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#136 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Jun 7, 2020 8:57 am

Yes, that’s the post! :D
Bye bye Beal.
bulletproof_32
Sixth Man
And1: 40

Post#137 » by bulletproof_32 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:37 am

BigA wrote:
ImFocusedMan aka AceDegenerate wrote:

Wow, you couldn't leave well enough alone could you ya little twerp? Nah. You had to push it. Now you're gonna pay.

You are DYSLEXIC and think you have a place talk down on anyone else? Spend some more time on reading comprehension and maybe you can put together 4-letter words without butchering the english language. You're trash, you're a loser, you're nobody. Read your posts, you sound like a blabbering idiot a few steps short of suicide. Seriously, Kill Yourself.

Then these other pricks want to come out of the wood work now, when they think I can't respond? I can always respond, BAN ME PINE you HAWAIIAN CHUMP. Pine has been waiting for this moment for 10 years, don't like you chump. You have wanted to ban me since I pulled out of that season ticket deal you tried to SCREW ME on. You and your boys thought you could snatch up all the marquee games and leave me with the crap end of the deal at the same price, get real that was never happening, and you've had a bone to pick with me since. I'll make it easy for you then.

FISHERCOK, Mr. Tough Guy who likes to talk big on the internet. I can only imagine what your day to day life is like, I can just about guarantee everybody in your life pushes your old ass around. The fact that you get off on talking tough on the web shows what kind of loser you must be. You've been a couple steps short of crying your eyes out to your FAMILY on this forum many times. You idiots really need to stop posting personal information on a BASKETBALL forum, I have enough dirt on most of you to make your entire lives miserable if I wanted to.

You guys are absolutely hilarious and the past year I've spent posting back here has absolutely destroyed my enjoyment of this team. I've taken joy in watching the only team I've ever rooted for in my life LOSE GAMES because I know it bothered SOME of the pricks on this forum. F that, I'm done with it. Most of you here are not real Wizards/Bullets fans in the first place. Every interaction I've had with REAL Wizards fans, in person, has been awesome. You guys are a joke.

There's many who come to this forum and feel like I do, however they don't post because they know their feelings are not welcome. This place is about as close minded as it gets. As soon as someone gets out of line or refuses to tone it down, in comes the power-tripping mods with the suspensions. That's just not how discussion forums work, and is why this site has been going down hill for a while now.

I'm done here, I'll be back to haunt you when the time is right. You wanted me to be a troll, that's exactly what I'll be. I'll put these faggy mods to work here for sure.

I don't know if this is HOF-worthy, but it is one of the more epic flameouts I've seen on a MB.

Edited to add link to original post, in Official Trade Thread XV, March 2, 2011.

Ignore anything after the first sentence(straight from the karate kid), but definitely a HOF worthy post/ flameout/ troll “in character”.

I’m watching cobra Kai on Netflix. First episode is called “ace degenerate”. I was like, WTF?

Looked it up, and apparently that was a reference to Johnny Lawrence in the original karate kid.

Krizko/ Ace/ Imfocused etc. is a HOF worthy troll.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#138 » by Ruzious » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:12 pm

montestewart wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Speaking of Nancy Pelosi's foolishness in hosting a Thanksgiving party for all the freshman HoR Reps, anyone planning TG festivities? Some in my extended family are pushing for it - the rest think they're nuts.

Ignorance and stupidity are fashionably flaunted, thanks to a president whose ego is fed by his own and other people's idiocy. Self-interested negligence is running rampant, flaunted libertarian-style as virtue, condescendingly as a greater grasp of the "truth," or obliviously as entitlement. I am beginning to understand why so many people struggle with basic math. The top COVID advisor knows nothing about COVID and only rails against COVID restrictions and encourages insurrection.

Such stressful circumstances call for us to evoke our humanity and commonality, reinforce our unity, and come together as one to remember the things we can be thankful for. Let's all gather maskless in small, enclosed spaces and show gratitude for our mutually assured destruction. God bless America. Amen.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#139 » by BigA » Fri Jan 1, 2021 6:25 pm

keynote suggests alternative nicknames for "the Latvian Laser" in the Davis Bertans thread

keynote wrote:Let's see. Take your pick; which one will stick?
- Latvian La-Z-Boy
- Fat-vian Laser
- Not-Vegan Laser
- Latvian Grazer
- the Ls
- Davis Bertanks
- Rusty Griswold
- No-J Redick
- Imperial Stormtrooper
- Brick Lesnar

(Yes, they get worse)

- the Bath Salt Balt
- Da'Miss Bertans
- Latvian Love Handles
- Debessmanna
- the Four-Point Plate
- Old Country Buffet
- Smorgas-no-boards
- Oyster Shooter

Jokes aside, I like the fact that Davis is still aggressive, and I expect the jumper start falling soon.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#140 » by dckingsfan » Sun Jan 3, 2021 5:07 pm

HOF...
montestewart wrote:I find so much of this to be so unpredictable, not Trump's behavior, but the way supporters, opponents, and power structures respond. His version of Gilligan's Island (RIP Dawn Wells) is a much darker sitcom where rescue (Biden assuming presidency) robs him of the accidental pedestal he refuses to surrender.

He has managed to make America very small. His toxic personality, lack of social skills or political diplomacy, threats and lies, and his ignorance and obliviousness to the rest of the world, have all eroded business and political relationships with foreign countries, as the U.S. has gradually become an isolated pariah with not one significantly winning foreign policy accomplishment during his administration. He has relentlessly transformed everything into us vs. them terms, with a text of "there's plenty for everyone" and a subtext of "there's only enough for one of you. " And especially, on a grand scale, he appropriated and claimed credit for (again) something that wasn't his, personally exacerbating the worst aspects of Trump Flu, undermining and preventing a unified nationwide response, pitting state against state, and citizen against citizen, allowing the discussion to be one of freedom from the state rather than one of health and safety.

That's right, he has remade his version of happy-go-lucky Gilligan's Island into a dog-shoot-dog-on-Fifth Avenue Lord of the Flies. He can't leave the island, that would be like leaving in the middle of Wrestlemania. What a horrible president. Just the worse. Nothing really to defend. He just sucks.

It would be nice for the show to end with Trump and his top conspirators broke, humiliated (where's the pee tape?), convicted, and in jail. Hard to know how much of that, if any, will come to pass. And no matter what Biden does, Trump's machine spins it as Commie Fascist Terrorist Alien Monster Joe Hates Us For Our American Freedoms. And his fans eat it up like evangelical blank slate teeny boppers. But, switching sitcoms in midstream, Biden might do better taking a Leave it to Beaver approach, responding to all the noise with relative silence, like the parents' response to a child whining about his allowance.

Get a job, Trump! Your mother and I have discussed this. You can't live in our house forever.

Let Congress (at least initially, and especially if the Democrats control both houses) take charge of the political/criminal response to the Trump administration. It was Congress that impeached Trump, and a Democratic controlled Senate might have found against him. Let Congress draft legislation intended to prevent future abuses. Until the country is truly secure from the no-information Trump voters, Biden should probably remember the narrow margins in multiple states and be cautious of short-attention span independents who may have cast against Trumpian rancor but may blame Biden if that rancor continues.

Return to Washington Wizards