No
33%

Total votes: 96

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,006

Re: Poll-Do you like the trade of Foye/Miller for 5th 

Post#81 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:14 pm

yungal07 wrote:I didn't even know CCJ was such a Pecherov fan until yesterday. Literally. The only thing I remember from CCJ concerning Pecherov before yesterday is "we should have drafted Milsapp instead." I guess he was a bigger Pech fan than we all thought.

Neither did I, yungal.

Seriously, it's the pick that Pecherov should have returned in trade, that's got me going. I still view Pecherov as a potential asset. Even prior to this deal the day Flip was hired I thought Blatche and or Pecherov would break out. SOMETHING would be different under Flip.

It's the pick that Pecherov should have fetched.... Had the Wizards got the #18 I wouldn't even think the deal was bad at all.
Bye bye Beal.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,342

Post#82 » by dobrojim » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:23 pm

Kanyewest wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
crackhed, you've answered what Spence brought up as for my fixation with Pecherov. I've seen this too often. Detroit dumped Okur when they later could have used him as a significant contributor. That's what I foresee Pecherov becoming.

jimij, I agree that he's probably not a quality starter ever. But even Millsap's not that.

What I'm looking at is Ernie drafted Pecherov and dumped him. Your point jimij as to EG having done that for EJ and the Princeton could very well be valid. But I see him doing what the Timberwolves are doing with Foye (the guy they traded Roy for)--admitting a mistake. Only I don't think Pecherov at 18 is all that bad now, 4 years down the road, because I think now's about the time that type player comes into his own. Bargnani broke out after Mitchell was canned. (Note, Bargnani's not a good starter. I think he's a good role player, however.) Looking at Pecherov I think that even Darius had to play in Europe at that age. No way should people totally write off OPEC just yet. Wizard should have gotten that #28 or something else for Pecherov.

I'm really curious to see how Pecherov turns out, now.

The Pistons did not dump Mehmet Okur. They simply could not match the $50 million offer that the Jazz gave him.

that was my recollection as well. Okur was/is a good player who was in the right
place at the right time. And he got paid. And he continued to do well, or even better
since he became a starter. DET simply couldn't keep him even though I suspect they
would have love to have been able to. The other bench/rotation guy they lost was
Corliss who also benefited in a right place/time deal. But he was on the downward
slope and Okur was on the upside.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#83 » by Ruzious » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:25 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
yungal07 wrote:I didn't even know CCJ was such a Pecherov fan until yesterday. Literally. The only thing I remember from CCJ concerning Pecherov before yesterday is "we should have drafted Milsapp instead." I guess he was a bigger Pech fan than we all thought.

Neither did I, yungal.

Seriously, it's the pick that Pecherov should have returned in trade, that's got me going. I still view Pecherov as a potential asset. Even prior to this deal the day Flip was hired I thought Blatche and or Pecherov would break out. SOMETHING would be different under Flip.

It's the pick that Pecherov should have fetched.... Had the Wizards got the #18 I wouldn't even think the deal was bad at all.

But can you have it both ways? Can you - on hand 1 say he was a bad pick while - on hand 2 say he had big-time potential - so it was foolish to trade him? Answer - yes, because you're the man.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
RealGM

Post#84 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:47 pm

Ruz, Pech was a bad pick for the first three years in the same way Etan's contract was bad up until this season. Timing is everything.

What Dat said in the "Wizards have traded the 5th Pick" thread is true. Both contracts had value this season.

I'm not at all trying to have it both ways on Pecherov. Wizards should have got if not the #18, the #28. That or dealt with another team that could give them a Lowry-like PG.
Bye bye Beal.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#85 » by fishercob » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:53 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Ruz, Pech was a bad pick for the first three years in the same way Etan's contract was bad up until this season. Timing is everything.

What Dat said in the "Wizards have traded the 5th Pick" thread is true. Both contracts had value this season.

I'm not at all trying to have it both ways on Pecherov. Wizards should have got if not the #18, the #28. That or dealt with another team that could give them a Lowry-like PG.

CCJ, let's make some sort of friendly wager involving good natured public humiliation -- as to whether or not Minny re-signs Pesh next year.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
RealGM

Post#86 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:38 pm

fishercob wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Ruz, Pech was a bad pick for the first three years in the same way Etan's contract was bad up until this season. Timing is everything.

CCJ, let's make some sort of friendly wager involving good natured public humiliation -- as to whether or not Minny re-signs Pesh next year.

Hmmmm, after all my banter I'm squemish. Bad sign. :wink:

fisher, what if they don't sign him and Pecherov goes La Bomba on us and gets Euroleague honors? What if Pecherov plays well for the Timberwolves (70% says he will as far as I'm concerned) but doesn't re-sign. That still doesn't mean he gets a better offer elsewhere.

What if?
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards