ImageImageImageImageImage

Discussing Other Teams' Moves (Part IV)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves (Part IV) 

Post#1381 » by fishercob » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:33 pm

The Skyhook wrote:What do you guys think about Miller possibly being interested in the Lakers. Do you think he would come for the MLE to play for a winner at the expense of playing behind Kobe and Ron. Even though he would be playing behind them I think the coaching staff will find a rotation giving Miller 30 minutes a night.

It's actually a great fit. He could play some "PG" in LA too, like Ron Harper did in CHI/LAL, depending on matchups. He'd be great in the triangle and a nice fit in that rotation with his passing and versatility.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#1382 » by closg00 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:39 pm

fishercob wrote:??

You wanted Ernie to give up 35 and cash to get GS's 34th?

You're so batshidt crazy in your irrational hatred of Ernie that you won't even let the entire draft play out before ripping him. I'm sure you'll have plenty to complain about around midnight on Thursday.

What I should have written is that: I am not surprised that Pritchard was able to secure the purchase of a draft pick before Ernie, that's what I meant. Period, nothing more. Your response was irrational and batshidt. Rico's response was predictable.

RE: Ernie, my feelings are no secret :lol: If he drafts-well or swings some good deals for, I will grovel before Rico and the board :D
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#1383 » by fishercob » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:42 pm

Don't blame my response because you didnt express yourself clearly.

And to quote Sam Huff during Super Bowl XXII, "first horse out the gate doesn't always win the race."

Plus, wasn't the huge criticism of EG's trade last summer that he pulled the trigger too early?
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#1384 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:49 pm

The Skyhook wrote:What do you guys think about Miller possibly being interested in the Lakers. Do you think he would come for the MLE to play for a winner at the expense of playing behind Kobe and Ron. Even though he would be playing behind them I think the coaching staff will find a rotation giving Miller 30 minutes a night.

He'd be a good fit but I wonder if Mike and Kobe are on the best of terms, considering the flagrant elbow Bryant landed on Miller's head.

IIRC he's done it more than once.

Considering Kobe okayed the Lakers signing Artest, after what happened during the LAL/HOU playoffs last year, I don't know why he'd mind having Miller take Luke Walton's spot.
Bye bye Beal.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#1385 » by Hoopalotta » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:20 am

Anyway, we had no ability to get that 34th pick unless we were going to snag a middle 2nd before that with straight cash. There was cash involved here, but it was a trade up from 44th as much as anything.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#1386 » by LyricalRico » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:45 am

Minnesota offering Jonny Flynn and two first-round picks (16 and 23) to Indiana for a package that includes the 10th pick, sources tell Y!

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/16729358922

Wow, that's a lot to essentially move up 6 spots. WireTap says Indy turned this down, but I'd do it if I were them. Word was they were going to reach for a PG at #10. This way they can get Flynn and they can still take a chance on Bradley or Bledsoe at #16 if they want another PG prospect. The #23 would be a bonus IMO.

And who would Minny want at #10 anyway? Xavier Henry and Paul George make the most sense from a value perspective but they could be off the board by then. Are they sipping the Babbitt kool-aid? Maybe reaching for Aldrich?
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant

Post#1387 » by Hoopalotta » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:48 am

LyricalRico wrote:
Minnesota offering Jonny Flynn and two first-round picks (16 and 23) to Indiana for a package that includes the 10th pick, sources tell Y!

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/16729358922

Wow, that's a lot to essentially move up 6 spots. WireTap says Indy turned this down, but I'd do it if I were them. Word was they were going to reach for a PG at #10. This way they can get Flynn and they can still take a chance on Bradley or Bledsoe at #16 if they want another PG prospect. The #23 would be a bonus IMO.

And who would Minny want at #10 anyway? Xavier Henry and Paul George make the most sense from a value perspective but they could be off the board by then. Are they sipping the Babbitt kool-aid? Maybe reaching for Aldrich?

I posted about that in the trade thread as I figured it affects us with our plans to get another pick. My take is there's got to be more to it as that package is WAAAAAYY too sweet for Indy to turn down (also way to rich for Trader-Khan to extend).
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1388 » by montestewart » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:54 am

Hoopalotta wrote:Anyway, we had no ability to get that 34th pick unless we were going to snag a middle 2nd before that with straight cash. There was cash involved here, but it was a trade up from 44th as much as anything.

Yeah, snagging the 34 when they already have a 30 and 35 doesn't seem like a good analogy for what the Wizards should be looking for. I don't even really care about an additional pick (unless one is a European stash player), I'm just thinking of higher picks. If they could parlay the two picks, BOYD, and other assets to get a single pick much farther up, or even end up with picks in the late teens or twenties, that's more what I'm thinking of, and I haven't seen any movement on those fronts yet, just a lot of speculation.

closg00, I misread at first and thought you were taking a sarcastic jab about EG not being the first to sell a pick. I'm a little jumpy myself, but I'm trying to save my Oscar-nominated rant for something that really says "Start whining now." Until then, I'm going to conserve energy, think positive, and pray that Wizards2lottery pulls through fine.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1389 » by LyricalRico » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:55 am

Well, the tweet did say "a package that includes the 10th pick" so there could be other things gong back to MIN. Brandon Rush immediately comes to mind.
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#1390 » by The Skyhook » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:58 am

Thanks for the scoop on Miller. How about Livingston. I know he isn't a good 3 point shooter but he seems to have pretty passing abilities. His defense is also another thing Laker fans are wondering about.
closg00
RealGM

Post#1391 » by closg00 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:42 am

Now the Nuggets are looking to trade into this draft.
http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/201 ... gn=twitter
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1392 » by LyricalRico » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:26 pm

Portland is showing strong interest in Cleveland Cavaliers guard Mo Williams(notes). The Blazers have been making calls to check on him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A ... buzz062210

Bucks officials have publicly acknowledged they have had trade conversations with some teams in recent weeks, but haven't divulge the specifics of them.

There was word last week the Bucks had interest in forward Andres Nocioni, but he wound up being included in a multi-player trade package from Sacramento to Philadelphia.

Now there's some chatter on the NBA grapevine the Bucks may be interested in another small forward - Corey Maggette of the Golden State Warriors.

<snip>

The speculation is the Bucks are offering the Warriors center Dan Gadzuric, who has one year left on his contract for $7.4M, and guard Charlie Bell ($3.8M).

The Bucks are also shopping veteran guard Michael Redd, who will be entering the final year of his contract ($18.3M).

<snip>

Besides the aforementioned Redd and Maggette, here are just a few of the players I've heard in recent days:

Detroit shooting guard Richard Hamilton, Detroit small forward Tayshaun Prince, Washington guard Gilbert Arenas, Indiana forwards Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy, Cleveland guard Mo Williams, Memphis small forward Rudy Gay, Minnesota power forward Kevin Love and Minnesota center Al Jefferson.

http://www.journaltimes.com/sports/arti ... 002e0.html
closg00
RealGM

Post#1393 » by closg00 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:44 pm

Still pissed at Presti for cutting in-front of us at 34, I wonder if anyone is targeted or if it's just to snag the best player falling to 34?

The Minny offer to the Pacers sounds weird, too-good not to pass-up yet they did.

The Bucks must have some champagne on-ice for when they can finally unload Redd. Redd, Curry, Gilbert, I wonder who gets traded first?
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant

Post#1394 » by Hoopalotta » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:55 pm

closg00 wrote:The Minny offer to the Pacers sounds weird, too-good not to pass-up yet they did.

Sounds like Wojo got that one wrong; the Pacers reporter said Minny turned down Flynn for 10 straight up when the Pacers offered. Basically, the only way Wojo isn't wrong is if there's something far larger (unlikely).
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1395 » by Ruzious » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:37 pm

It's a sign of the times when GS is willing to give away Maggette - with 3 years on his contract - for Gadz and Bell who are 1 year contracts. He scored 19.8 PPG in just 29.41 minutes a game last season while shooting 51.6%. Hey, if you're going to tank, tank big-time.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#1396 » by montestewart » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:46 pm

^
Isn't GS on the market? Maybe it's cost cutting similar to the Wizards, priming for a franchise transaction.
closg00
RealGM

Post#1397 » by closg00 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:50 pm

The Lakers are said to be interested in adding guard Javaris Crittenton to their summer-league team.
Obviously the Lakers aren't deep in the backcourt and Derek Fisher's future is up in the air, so it's possible that Crittenton could play for the Lakers this summer. Crittenton is currently suspended for his OK Corral move with Gilbert Arenas, but that could change by the start of the season

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/player ... 936&spln=1

This couldn't seriously be considering Crit could they?
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1398 » by LyricalRico » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:52 pm

^ He had some nice flashes when he was a rookie in LA. Even most here saw him as our backup to develop behind Gil before the gun incident went down. I thnk he'd have a legit shot to make their regular season roster.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Post#1399 » by nate33 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:52 pm

Lakers fans have always loved Crittenton. They were upset to see him go in the Gasol trade.

I don't see how he fits on that roster though. He can play some D but he can't shoot or pass. As a minimum salary acquisition, he couldn't hurt, I suppose.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,357

Post#1400 » by nate33 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:56 pm

Ruzious wrote:It's a sign of the times when GS is willing to give away Maggette - with 3 years on his contract - for Gadz and Bell who are 1 year contracts. He scored 19.8 PPG in just 29.41 minutes a game last season while shooting 51.6%. Hey, if you're going to tank, tank big-time.

Maggette has always been an enigma to me. He puts up great numbers, but his teams always suck. Is that because he has been unlucky to be paired with lousy teammates? Or is he a stat padder? His on/off numbers have been pretty bad with Golden State, but they were good when he was a Clipper.

Return to Washington Wizards