Tracking Former Wizards 3.0

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#1421 » by montestewart » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:57 pm

AFM wrote:All this talk of beating horse meat has me reaching for a cigarette.

The problem with Mr. Ed is he wants to talk afterward
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#1422 » by gambitx777 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:26 pm

nate33 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:Look I am all for kicking EG in the balls but we have been over and over and over and over and over and over and over who Eg could have picked in past years. Is it not time to stop beating the dead horse.

I've got no problems with the GRJR pick. It was a high risk high reward gamble. That's the kind of thing you do late in the 2nd round. It didn't work out. We cut bait. It happens. I'd like to see EG have more hits and fewer misses in the 2nd round, but at least that one had the potential to be a hit. It was no Arsalan Kazemi or Vladimir Veremeenko.

I was more so speaking general than just on the glen rice thing. All over the board it comes up all the time, the Oh we picked this guy and we should have picked this guy and EG is awful for it. Yeah he is and yes he should have, but the horse is dead. As john snow said we fight with the men we have! No I am not trying to bail EG out on his stupidity, but going over all the bigs we could have taken over McGee is a bit mute at this point is it not.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1423 » by montestewart » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:19 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
nate33 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:Look I am all for kicking EG in the balls but we have been over and over and over and over and over and over and over who Eg could have picked in past years. Is it not time to stop beating the dead horse.

I've got no problems with the GRJR pick. It was a high risk high reward gamble. That's the kind of thing you do late in the 2nd round. It didn't work out. We cut bait. It happens. I'd like to see EG have more hits and fewer misses in the 2nd round, but at least that one had the potential to be a hit. It was no Arsalan Kazemi or Vladimir Veremeenko.

I was more so speaking general than just on the glen rice thing. All over the board it comes up all the time, the Oh we picked this guy and we should have picked this guy and EG is awful for it. Yeah he is and yes he should have, but the horse is dead. As john snow said we fight with the men we have! No I am not trying to bail EG out on his stupidity, but going over all the bigs we could have taken over McGee is a bit mute at this point is it not.

gambitx777
General Manager

Post#1424 » by gambitx777 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:38 pm

montestewart wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:
nate33 wrote:I've got no problems with the GRJR pick. It was a high risk high reward gamble. That's the kind of thing you do late in the 2nd round. It didn't work out. We cut bait. It happens. I'd like to see EG have more hits and fewer misses in the 2nd round, but at least that one had the potential to be a hit. It was no Arsalan Kazemi or Vladimir Veremeenko.

Well in certain areas mute has been known to be commonly used to moot, like west virginia, which might not help my case to mention. lol. carry on.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#1425 » by payitforward » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:42 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
nate33 wrote:

Yeah, but would John Snow have picked McGee, I ask you? Plus... don't you realize we could have Sasha Kaun?

Actually, had John Snow been our GM I'm sure he would have picked the wildling giant.

(Speaking of which, after the giant is killed in the battle to retake Winterfell, tell me -- what did the do w/ his body? Bet you didn't think of that, huh)
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#1426 » by tontoz » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:37 pm

The horse isn't dead as long as EG still has his job.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,356

Post#1427 » by doclinkin » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:04 pm

payitforward wrote:Yeah, but would John Snow have picked McGee, I ask you? Plus... don't you realize we could have Sasha Kaun?

Actually, had John Snow been our GM I'm sure he would have picked the wildling giant.

(Speaking of which, after the giant is killed in the battle to retake Winterfell, tell me -- what did the do w/ his body? Bet you didn't think of that, huh)

Lets just say them dogs weren't hungry no more.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,993

Post#1428 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:01 am

tontoz wrote:The horse isn't dead as long as EG still has his job.

Damn straight! :rock:

(UNLESS ... they hire CCJ. Then I'm gonna become EGs number one fan. Money talks!!!)
Bye bye Beal.
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,005

Post#1429 » by dckingsfan » Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:52 pm

AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,158

Post#1430 » by AFM » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:15 pm

"6 cell phones on him". sounds like GRJR has become quite the drug dealer.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#1431 » by gambitx777 » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:22 am

AFM wrote:"6 cell phones on him". sounds like GRJR has become quite the drug dealer.

closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,528

Post#1432 » by closg00 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:13 pm

Yi is in talks to join the Lakers, sad times for them.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,158

Post#1433 » by AFM » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:15 pm

closg00 wrote:Yi is in talks to join the Lakers, sad times for them.

8M for Yi. Wow. He was awful.

Weren't there rumors that he was 8 years older than he claimed?
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,353

Post#1434 » by Kanyewest » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:01 pm

AFM wrote:
closg00 wrote:Yi is in talks to join the Lakers, sad times for them.

8M for Yi. Wow. He was awful.

Weren't there rumors that he was 8 years older than he claimed?

It is apparently now $1 million.

Read on Twitter
closg00
RealGM

Post#1435 » by closg00 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:32 pm

Per the reports, Nick Young will be released if the Lakers cannot trade him. No Iggy, no Lakers, no hope for a brain.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1436 » by montestewart » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:29 am

closg00 wrote:Per the reports, Nick Young will be released if the Lakers cannot trade him. No Iggy, no Lakers, no hope for a brain.

With his experience, he could become the second most famous Cinnabon manager.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,871

Post#1437 » by payitforward » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:03 am

I loved Nick when he was first a Wizard -- not as a player but as a sweet-natured, goofy kid. I still remember how much I enjoyed the video-logs he and Dominic McGuire did that year.

Another thing I remember was thinking almost immediately "Man I sure hope this kid has someone smart managing his money, but somehow I sure do doubt he does." :)
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1438 » by Ruzious » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:00 pm

payitforward wrote:I loved Nick when he was first a Wizard -- not as a player but as a sweet-natured, goofy kid. I still remember how much I enjoyed the video-logs he and Dominic McGuire did that year.

Another thing I remember was thinking almost immediately "Man I sure hope this kid has someone smart managing his money, but somehow I sure do doubt he does." :)

Well, an interview he did shortly after being drafted kinda tipped me off that we had a problem. He was asked if it was a dream come true to play in the NBA. His response - even back then - was no - his dream was to be a Hollywood celebrity. And the video of he and Javale doing the teaspoon of cinnamon challenge was where the light at the end of the tunnel went black.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
pineappleheadindc
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,479

Post#1439 » by pineappleheadindc » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:21 am

Ruzious wrote:
payitforward wrote:I loved Nick when he was first a Wizard -- not as a player but as a sweet-natured, goofy kid. I still remember how much I enjoyed the video-logs he and Dominic McGuire did that year.

Well, an interview he did shortly after being drafted kinda tipped me off that we had a problem. He was asked if it was a dream come true to play in the NBA. His response - even back then - was no - his dream was to be a Hollywood celebrity. And the video of he and Javale doing the teaspoon of cinnamon challenge was where the light at the end of the tunnel went black.

Good times --

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart."
--Confucius

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try"
- Yoda
closg00
RealGM

Post#1440 » by closg00 » Fri Sep 2, 2016 2:21 pm

Kevin @2-year $3.6 million > Smith@ 3-year $16 million? Neither would be playing much.

Return to Washington Wizards