nate33 wrote: closg00 wrote:
In this fun thought exercise, Jan Vesely doesn't get drafted at all in the 1st round, perhaps Hands11 can return to mount a defense. I will be curious to see Jan and Sato at the Olympics though.https://hoopshype.com/lists/2011-nba-re-draft/
I'd take Butler over Kyrie easily. I'd take Klay over Kyrie too. I just don't trust Kyrie's leadership or health. Outside of two good playoff runs with Lebron in Cleveland, what has Kyrie ever done in this league?
I think I would take Klay over Butler- one would have to hope that Klay doesn't suffer those devastating injuries if he does not play so many playoff games.
BTW, Kyrie had 3 NBA Finals appearances with the Cavs. Does LeBron decide to come back to Cleveland in 2014 Jimmy Butler or 2014 Klay is there instead of Kyrie or even 2014 Kawhi (note he would not have faced LeBron in the finals in 2014) or was LeBron heading back to Cleveland no matter what? This would actually increase Irving's value in a redraft.
It would be an interesting thought exercise if Butler/Kyrie swapped careers.
- Kyrie playing with a healthy Derrick Rose and a Thibs defense in 2011.
- What would the 2014 Bulls do with Kyrie in the playoffs against the Wizards instead of Butler?
- If Jimmy Butler was indeed a better leader, would it have hurt the Cavs in the long run of accumulating top picks to trade for Kevin Love? Probably not given how bad the talent was at Cleveland at the time.
- Jimmy Butler with LeBron would have been interesting although perhaps Kyrie compliments Lebron better. Does LeBron decide to go back?
- Butler may have done better with the 2018 Celtics.
- Kyrie may have done better with the 2019 76ers.
- Kyrie's trade value may have been higher at the time when he was traded. But the Bulls actually got a much better offer (Lavine and Markennan)- but haven't made the playoffs since.
- Kyrie in the Heat culture- does it lead to a finals trip? What would a Kyrie vs LeBron playoff series look like?
- Also Kyrie being younger probably gives him the opportunity to have a better career going forward although who knows given how the last few years have played out.
Also Kyrie with Pop would have been pretty interesting.