ImageImageImageImageImage

Have you ever tried to sneak food into the VERIZON CENTER?

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,710

Re: Have you ever tried to sneak food into the VERIZON CENTER? 

Post#41 » by montestewart » Sun Nov 8, 2009 4:47 pm

fishercob wrote:
montestewart wrote:
fishercob wrote:Guys, this article is completely inaccurate. I paid for the arena myself with my own money. You're welcome.

Can you do something about the food? Thanks.

Go to California Tortilla and get a Thai chicken burrito.

I thank you and my wife thanks you (I don't usually eat at the games). Where's it located? I don't recall seeing it, though I haven't really looked to hard. It may be a long game, I might need a walk.
NewYorkDon15
Junior
And1: 5

Post#42 » by NewYorkDon15 » Mon Nov 9, 2009 10:57 pm

Well I have worked near the stadium on 7th and H for 5 years. Every store owner and land owner the area has told me that the Verizon center has done an amazing job of transfering the area and believe it was worth it. Fado went from barely getting by to becoming a cash cow that prints money.

It has destroyed Chinatown and I think we will eventually see that moved again.

As far as food goes my 3 favorite places to take friends before games is definitely, California Tortilla, Capital Q, and the home made noodle place on 8th and H ST. There are reasonable priced food places around the Verizon Center. The chinese food places around Jackies are also pretty cheap for the area you can defintely pull of under 10 dollars per person to eat at those places.

The Wizards also offer free Soda to each person if you sign up at the Designated driver booth and say that you are a DD.

As a season ticket holder of both the Wizards and the Caps I can care less about concession prices the Wizards need to start winning some games and I feel they need to do more for the fans. I really hope that Abe Pollin sells to the capitals owner. The Capitals owner has done an amazing job with the Franchise and treats the fans great. Wizard season ticket holders should have something like the Great Adventure day. People can watch the Capitals practice anytime, Wizard season ticket holders get invited to one practice. The fans meet and great gives you one autograph determined by how long you held the tickets for tenure wise. Pollin skimps in ever way possible for season ticket holders.
da.vid wrote:does it look like LeBron is Wade's psychic? look whos holding the ball.

THIS IS LEBRONS TEAM. Wade practically begged LeBron to cum, of course he had to give up some things to convince Lebron that it was worth it to join him in miami.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,368

Post#43 » by dobrojim » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:52 am

nice tip on the free sodas

I did not know that

I usually eat before I head out to the game. If I don't,
Cal Tortilla is def a good bet. I like Chipotle too. Also
there is a Quiznos over on the east side of the Arena.
I just noticed a Thai place up from the Quiznos too.
Have not tried it but I love Thai food (and Indian).

DA-RFDs is the spot though. You can't beat that beer selection.
But that just reflects my personal priorities.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities

Return to Washington Wizards