Really, How Good is the Level of Play in the D-League?

Moderator: Parliament10

Really, How Good is the Level of Play in the D-League?

10 - Best league outside of the NBA
8%
3%
13%
14%
16%
5 - Average
17%
10%
8%
3%
1 - Terrible
7%

Total votes: 87

Devin 1L
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 954

Re: Really, How Good is the Level of Play in the D-League? 

Post#41 » by Devin 1L » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:29 pm

Man, it would be something if the Warriors won the NBA and the D-League championship.

I think it'd not only benefit the organization (obviously), but the D-League as well as it'd provide all that extra exposure/storyline that wouldn't otherwise be present if it were just two completely unrelated teams.
Gunnin Gervin
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#42 » by Gunnin Gervin » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:34 pm

The D-League needs less washed up guys trying to make a come back and more younger to middle aged players trying to get a start. Not to mention the fact that a lot of the Parent teams don't really take a seriously vested interest in their D-League affiliates.
LJM
Banned User
And1: 11

Post#43 » by LJM » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:27 am

It's a complete joke. Me and Chris Webber are leading the charge on that. The entire thing is the biggest disaster by the NBA of all time.

Just the NAME ALONE has a NEGATIVE CONNOTATION to it.

Should have left it as the CBA, Continental Basketball Association. Then the NBA should've loaned money or given money to the league to keep it going when it needed it. Because after all they were pulling it's best players from it each season any way. It was just about breaking even as it was anyway. Unlike the D league which loses about 500 million a year.

Much more professional name. Continental Basketball Association.
perempe20
Sixth Man
And1: 930

Post#44 » by perempe20 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:04 pm

UtahJazzFan88 wrote:Yup, the pay scale for the D-League is absolutely terrible. I think that's the one thing that needs to be fixed in the league. Right now the pay is $12,000 to $24,000 a year with a $30 per diem a day + free housing, etc. Which is a fine average life, but if they want more talent & guys to go to the D-League instead of Europe, they need to triple the contracts to a reasonable range to $35,000 up to $100,000. Really, the only reason a lot of these guys are in the D-League instead of Europe is the chance to play in the NBA.

It's great to see live D-League action on CBS Sports Network though. League is improving a lot in the past few years.

the league is mega rich. about $1 million salary cap for the D-League teams would be enough. (the NBA cap will be over $100 million in a couple of years.)

still no money for the D-league? I would limit GMs and coaches salaries. (pay luxury tax after 3 or 4 million dollars.) the D-League would be much better.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,035

Post#45 » by JazzUte88 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:00 pm

I'm interested to see what will happen with the league here in the next couple years now that it's the G-League. 25 teams set for next year & 2 way NBA contracts will be starting next year, but no raises for regular D-League contracts unless the Gatorade sponsorship is giving money to bigger contracts.

I went to a SLC Stars game and it was decent basketball. I wouldn't go to a D-League game over a high level ranked team or a team in a halfway decent conference, wish they would get more interest and fan attendance.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#46 » by King Ken » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:34 am

It's strong 2-4. Pretty weak at PG and center tho

Return to G League