NBA DL Salaries

sweetcity
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,772
And1: 1,289
Joined: May 19, 2010

NBA DL Salaries 

Post#1 » by sweetcity » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:29 pm

Does anyone know what a middle of the road scrub in the NBA DL makes a year? I was just leafing through some rosters and its shocking how many guys from my childhood are still playing basketball. I'm wondering the salary for example of Joe Forte, former NBA pick and UNC standout.
User avatar
BilboBanginz
Senior
Posts: 700
And1: 591
Joined: Jul 29, 2012
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia

Re: NBA DL Salaries 

Post#2 » by BilboBanginz » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:35 pm

D-League salaries are in 3 tiers. $25,500, $19,000 and $13,000. Team salary cap is $173,000. Although they get room and board paid for by the team as well as a $40/day travel per diem.

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2014/10 ... -contracts
User avatar
RandomRaptorfan
Veteran
Posts: 2,621
And1: 2,330
Joined: Jan 04, 2008
Location: Toronto
 

Re: NBA DL Salaries 

Post#3 » by RandomRaptorfan » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:32 pm

You'd probably need a second job
Image
User avatar
IMAN5
General Manager
Posts: 9,997
And1: 5,663
Joined: Jan 08, 2012
 

Re: NBA DL Salaries 

Post#4 » by IMAN5 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:52 pm

Joseph Forte oh man my cousin was his biggest fan and thought he was the second coming.
Image
instagram.com/510movement
User avatar
andrew2good4u
Starter
Posts: 2,057
And1: 104
Joined: Aug 15, 2008
Location: YAYYY AREAAA

Re: NBA DL Salaries 

Post#5 » by andrew2good4u » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:45 pm

Some people can't give up the hoop dreams.
Image
Props to triplemke23
basketballbeans
Pro Prospect
Posts: 811
And1: 397
Joined: Dec 01, 2014

Re: NBA DL Salaries 

Post#6 » by basketballbeans » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:42 am

RandomRaptorfan wrote:You'd probably need a second job


In the off-season, but remember... the season doesn't last 12 month... they're playing basketball for 5-6 months and getting paid a decent amount of money for doing so.
cdubbz
RealGM
Posts: 11,015
And1: 1,771
Joined: May 05, 2005
Location: Oakland
 

Re: NBA DL Salaries 

Post#7 » by cdubbz » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:17 am

SoulFly23 wrote:
RandomRaptorfan wrote:You'd probably need a second job


In the off-season, but remember... the season doesn't last 12 month... they're playing basketball for 5-6 months and getting paid a decent amount of money for doing so.


If the NBa dumped a million into the G-league and enticed high schoolers to skip college and play hoops the NBa would be much better
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.
UtahJazzFan88
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,736
And1: 2,547
Joined: Mar 21, 2011
Location: Utah
   

Re: NBA DL Salaries 

Post#8 » by UtahJazzFan88 » Tue Jan 8, 2019 11:27 am

They're getting paid $35,000 a year starting the 2018-19 season.
Almond2Oak
Ballboy
Posts: 16
And1: 8
Joined: Jun 21, 2020
 

Re: NBA DL Salaries 

Post#9 » by Almond2Oak » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:17 pm

cdubbz wrote:
SoulFly23 wrote:
RandomRaptorfan wrote:You'd probably need a second job


In the off-season, but remember... the season doesn't last 12 month... they're playing basketball for 5-6 months and getting paid a decent amount of money for doing so.


If the NBa dumped a million into the G-league and enticed high schoolers to skip college and play hoops the NBa would be much better


Dec 26 folks.... give this man a cookie!
cdubbz
RealGM
Posts: 11,015
And1: 1,771
Joined: May 05, 2005
Location: Oakland
 

Re: NBA DL Salaries 

Post#10 » by cdubbz » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:42 pm

Almond2Oak wrote:
cdubbz wrote:
SoulFly23 wrote:
In the off-season, but remember... the season doesn't last 12 month... they're playing basketball for 5-6 months and getting paid a decent amount of money for doing so.


If the NBa dumped a million into the G-league and enticed high schoolers to skip college and play hoops the NBa would be much better


Dec 26 folks.... give this man a cookie!


Lol! #JalenGreenburneraccount
Kuya wrote: a good agent collects all the data, including quotes to give them leverage in contract deals.

Return to G League